News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Trollaxian Sermon 3: The land Down-Under

Started by Trollax, December 06, 2003, 03:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you really consider moving to australia?

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: December 06, 2003, 03:37:36 AM

Trollax

Trollaxian Sermon 3: The land Down-Under

The men at work weren't kidding when they said it is the land of plenty...
Public services are good, wages are fair, petrol costs heaps. But where doesn't it these days? The mental health system is in the shitter, but we're discordians, we spend our time avoiding such places.

The politicians are impotent and talk around in circles... the people are friendly enough and you can get away with making lude jokes about sex on TV, in a way that david letterman hasn't done since 1993. In fact the current gold logie winner (Australia's paltry answer to the emmies) makes a living doing just that... not that it isn't a good show.

You can call a federal politician an ass licker and get away with it... you can call public figures into question and get caught DUI and get away with it (if you're the federal treasurer at least).
You don't have to worry about cameras about erosion of freedom. Well you do, but you can get away with a lot more down under  :wink:

I'm begging you all to throw away the shackles of an oppressive bush empire and emigrate to the land of the long weekend, and this is no joke. I propose an en-masse discordian migration to the land of oz. Maybe we could shake the preoccupation with sports from the national mindset...

Besides, when the bottom falls out of the house makert in about 6 months there is plenty of prime land that will be ripe for the plucking.
you don't have to be 21 to drink... queensland has tax free lottery winnings... you don't get mormons and jehova's witnesses knocking on the door every weekend...

We have bum rock... the mountain in Victoria that's shaped like an ass... we have a whole treasure trove of discordian monuments
the big sheep, the big prawn, the big clam, the big banana, the big pineapple, and the worlds largest single rock.

We have world class writers, actors, comedians, scientists, doctors and all the rest of it... it's a shame they keep going overseas...

Come to the land of plenty...

It's going to waste because nobody is picking up the opportunities...

~Emigrational Trollax~

Horab Fibslager

i've thought baout walking there. a freind of mine who frequents a different board suggested i meet up with her there on accoutn she's moving there, and whiel it's a rather long walk, i'm sure itwould be fun as long as i got soem beach action without the bad vibes along the way. all i have to do is walk around themiddle east, avoid the totalitarian andunfreindly to white heathen folk nations, and i shoudl eb there in about 5 or 6 years after settign out.
Hell is other people.

Trollax

B23.77

I pick the nose of the sunny face of California.  Downunder?  The end of the world?  That might be shitty.  Might flap to an armpit of Canada or go weeweewee to the pinky of Communist China or carouse the hungry belly of the Netherlands.  Where's the genitals of the world?  There is no world.  I'm not much of a rover.

Slarti

as soon as i turn 18, i've probably gotta flee to avoid the draft. count me in. probably.

B23.77

I don't have to avoid the draft because they don't accept one into the military when one is mental like I am.  The schizophreniatricians still haven't pinned me into an exact diagnosis tho.  ODD.  ODD.  ODD.

Guido Finucci

You could try New Zealand: Much like Australia except with more sheep and a government with a long history of telling the US to go and fuck itself.

Edit: oh yeah, and much better beer.

(Disclaimer: not that it actually counts for anything but I am both a New Zealander and an Australian.)

SMFabal

I'm trying to decide between Ireland, Japan, and Australia, with Germany and Sweden and fallback countries.

Anywhere but here ...
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

B23.77

Maybe I would move to Australia.  America is precarious.  Sure it's the butt of the earth, but sometimes shit happening is good.  Ooooh yeah.  That was a nice fart.  I think I'd prefer the genitals though.  Where on earth are the genitals?!?!?  Sweden?  France.  Okay.  I might move to France.  I wonder if the earth has a brain.  Probly won't figure that out 'till I'm dead.

Malaul

Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

riff

Quote from: malaulAsk me again in October

What happens in October?
Here's where I've been, and where I probably am: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com.

Malaul

My lease is up at my apartment
then I can decide if I wanna move somewhere else
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

B23.77

Sorry I called your home country the ass of the world, Trollax.  It is known as the land down under for some reason, but maybe that's because I live in America.  I'm not currently in a financial position to travel about much.  Maybe later the land of Oz will be on my itinerary, and maybe I'll look you up.

Grundz

Quote from: BJIt is known as the land down under for some reason
Yeah, 'cos all you buggers are standing on your heads! :D

Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind...

And I'll not be following the Yellow Brick Flight Path, I'm already in Oz :)

BTW, for more info on the "Big Things", as we like to call them, check these sites. (You know you wanna!!)

http://www.gdaypubs.com.au/_FrontBar/BackBar/BigThings/BigThingsFrameset.html

http://www.travelmate.com.au/BigThings/BigThings.asp

http://www.wilmap.com.au/bigstuff/default.htm

Hmm... you might have sold me on this Trollax, as I'm pretty much of the "anywhere but here" mindset... but I've got a couple things to work out real quick.

Unfortunately there doesnt seem to be much hope in starting a doom-band in australia, not that there was here.