News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 03, 2006, 04:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangrove

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on May 21, 2007, 04:19:38 PM
The OB needs a Time of Troubles.  The alcohol spirits should be cast down to walk the forums in mortal form.

I don't know what this means, but it sounds pretty fucking cool.

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on May 29, 2007, 03:13:22 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 21, 2007, 04:19:38 PM
The OB needs a Time of Troubles.  The alcohol spirits should be cast down to walk the forums in mortal form.

I don't know what this means, but it sounds pretty fucking cool.

*dons nerdly looking D&D hat*

The Time of Troubles was when all the gods were cast to the prime material plane (ie; the fantasy earth) because a couple of them were raving kleptomaniacs and cutting their hands off tends not to work on abstract concepts masquerading as humans.  So all their priests lost their spells and if you killed a god, you got to steal their portfolio and place in the heavens.

Cain,
will kill Scotch if this comes to pass.

Cain

LMNO

Cain

If you kill multiples, you can become a cocktail god. 8)

LMNO

Then Gin and Vermouth are on my hitlist, too.

Cain

Triple Zero

*quickly claims Beer before anyone else does*
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

bubz_the_troll

I have now begun reading The Illuminatus! Trilogy.  Early thoughts:  WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE TRIPLE SPACES BETWEEN NARRATIVE ELEMENTS?!?!  Thank you that is all!

Triple Zero

no see, he can change mid-paragraph the point of view, narrator, location AND time

because um

i guess if you can get past that, it gets you in the mood to accept the other stuff as well
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

LMNO

It's, like, non-linear post-modernism.

If you can do a jump cut in a film or a video, why can't you do it in a book?

Jasper

Because it's pretentious as fuck and doesn't really add anything meaningful.

Triple Zero

no man,

because it's like an example, of like the relavitiy and non-localness of time and space, man

and that it's all subjective

you know

LMNO