News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 03, 2006, 04:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

If you look through the old pages on this, you'll see it's been done.

and done.

and done.

Cramulus

:cheers:

just like every time I see a new post in the "what are you listening to right now" thread I must resist replying "tapping on the keyboard, my coworker's mouthbreathing"

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on June 21, 2007, 05:54:52 PM
If you look through the old pages on this, you'll see it's been done.

and done.

and done.

i know. that's why i don't.

(this is one of those jokes that had already been done before they were invented)

it just surprises me that everytime:

1. new message at unofficial what are you reading thread?
2. "hm good question, what am i reading, anything good lately? some more pratchett .. oh wait i'm reading this forum -- wait let's not post that."

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

I'm re-reading all of my reports and spreadsheets for this grant that ends next Saturday.  I need to combine all of this shit into a couple of shiny reports for the State.  Oh, and I just got an e-mail this morning from the evaluation firm the State is using letting all of the grantees know that they are going to be "graded" on the final products.  Nothing like heaping pressure onto pressure.  I hate them muchly this morning. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mangrove

FINALLY!

I am reading The Complete Golden Dawn System Of Magic.

It arrived after 3 attempts in 4 months. I now have a nice hardback 1994 edition of this tome.

[phew]
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Sweety

I heard that that (regardie GD book) is good (or god or whatever), still I think its slow old paradigm CM, anyway do as thou wilt or even as you will...

right now Im reading the dada manifestos, a book on poetry, something about mutational alchemy, some stories by clark ashton smith and the latest book on single malt by michael jackson...
(I'm a tiny girl.)²

Mangrove

the Regardie book is good and occasionally a lot funnier than you'd might expect from a book of that nature.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Well, because I've read this forum... I won't post the tired old hackneyed phrase... 

Instead... I'm reading We by Yevgeny Zamyatin, and re-reading The Name of The Rose- Umberto Eco

If the ocean turns to coffee, then bury me at sea.

Cramulus

welcome Avatar!

I'd seen you lurking, wondered when you'd come out and play

I was eagerly anticipating a good avatar...

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Sweety on June 23, 2007, 10:45:58 PM
I heard that that (regardie GD book) is good (or god or whatever), still I think its slow old paradigm CM,

Well, Thelema and GD did (I think) influence Carroll, Hine and other Chaos Magicians, but to me the GD stuff, like Crowley's Thelemic stuff are systems, whereas Chaos magic tends to appear more as a metasystem.

Anyway, I'm just finishing up "Smoke and Mirrors" by Neil Gaiman, also recently finished 'Neverwhere' by the same author. Excellent Short stories in Smoke and Mirrors, excellent fantasy in Neverwhere.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Slarti

Tarot: A Key to the wisdom of the ages by paul foster case. pretty good so far.

Forteetu

Quote from: Slarti on July 06, 2007, 03:24:24 AM

Just printed and started reading the BIP.

Open question to the BIP crew ...
Any thought to puting this in a page1 to page 27 (top to bottom) format in pdf? Would be nice to not be forced to print it and make it into a booklet just to read it thru.
WOMP'd

Episkopos of the Discordian Society

http://42.dia.net.au - Forteetu

AFK

Think of it as Creative Disorder.   :fnord:
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Quote from: Forteetu on July 06, 2007, 03:59:33 AM
Quote from: Slarti on July 06, 2007, 03:24:24 AM

Just printed and started reading the BIP.

Open question to the BIP crew ...
Any thought to puting this in a page1 to page 27 (top to bottom) format in pdf? Would be nice to not be forced to print it and make it into a booklet just to read it thru.

If you want to go ahead and do it, go ahead and do it.

Darth Cupcake

I recently finished Girl, Interrupted and found it to be good, though I have some mixed feelings on it. One of the best parts of it is that she intersperses the chapters with photocopies of the actual documents from when she was hospitalized. It's pretty interesting to see what people considered "valid science/psychiatry" in the late 60s.

The other day I picked up Virgin: The Untouched History which is a study of virginity and its cultural significance. Sounds pretty interesting, and I will be starting that any time now.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.