News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 03, 2006, 04:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forteetu

Quote from: LMNO on July 06, 2007, 02:14:48 PM

If you want to go ahead and do it, go ahead and do it.

Ah ... I'm beginning to see how this works now, suggestive volunteerism

if you suggest it, vis a vis, you have volunteered to do it
WOMP'd

Episkopos of the Discordian Society

http://42.dia.net.au - Forteetu

LMNO

More like:  If you have an idea of what you'd like to see, don't rely on some anonymous random stranger on the internet to do it for you.

Forteetu

Quote from: LMNO on July 06, 2007, 03:31:23 PM
More like:  If you have an idea of what you'd like to see, don't rely on some anonymous random stranger on the internet to do it for you.

well, not to be a smart ass or nothin' ... but

You have removed yourself from being "some anonymous stranger on the internet" by deciding to be part of a group of publishers of a document, the BIP. As a customer of your document, I have made a query with regards to the user-friendly features of your product. Rather than "some anonymous stranger" you are in fact, one of the most likely people to which a query like this should be made.

Just sayin'
WOMP'd

AFK

of course it is free.

get what you pay for, etc., etc., 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Quote from: Forteetu on July 06, 2007, 03:42:34 PM
Quote from: LMNO on July 06, 2007, 03:31:23 PM

well, not to be a smart ass or nothin' ... but

You have removed yourself from being "some anonymous stranger on the internet" by deciding to be part of a group of publishers of a document, the BIP. As a customer of your document, I have made a query with regards to the user-friendly features of your product. Rather than "some anonymous stranger" you are in fact, one of the most likely people to which a query like this should be made.

Just sayin'

Pick me out of a crowd.

Just sayin.

And hey, it's all kopyleft, not to mention Open Source.  Every person who reads it becomes a part of the project.

Lastly, if you're gonna wait for me to make a coherent PDF of the BIP pamphlet, you'd better make yourself comfortable.

Forteetu

Quote from: LMNO on July 06, 2007, 03:52:11 PM

Pick me out of a crowd.

Just sayin.

Fair enough

And hey, it's all kopyleft, not to mention Open Source.  Every person who reads it becomes a part of the project.

Lastly, if you're gonna wait for me to make a coherent PDF of the BIP pamphlet, you'd better make yourself comfortable.

Yeh, yeh, I hear ya ....  so I'm guessing there's no 1-800 complaints department number either, eh?
Man I dunno about this. Even the Unitarians have got better customer service.
WOMP'd

LMNO

That One Guy

Because I was bored and forced to deal with Acrobat all morning, I added to the pain and sorted the pages into 1-28 order, saved it, and need somewhere to host. I was a little speedy on the cropping of the pages so the margins are a bit off but everything's readable.

I'll be happy to PM the file to any interested parties or people willing/able to host the (320k PDF) file  :mrgreen:
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

AFK

Go to www.poee.co.uk
You can sign up for an account and upload it to their site. 
Or just ask Syn to do it, that is, if you aren't in a hurry.   :wink:

That One Guy

I can't link to the file from where it is currently (IE work) - POEE seems like it needs an external link to add a document (at least via the "Add Document" link there), and since it's not currently hosted anywhere, I have nowhere to link the PDF FROM, which is a problem. If I'm going about this incorrectly then any helpful hints would be appreciated, but right now all I have is the PDF and nowhere to host it   :sad:
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Cramulus

You RULE, TOG

this totally makes up for being stuck in traffic for HOURS behind license plate 287-TOG last month

hate revoked!

AFK

Oh you're right.  For some reason I though I was able to upload from the computer.  In that case you'll have to find a hosting site.  This is a good one, I've used it and LMNO has used it as well as others:  http://mihd.net/
You can upload it there and then submit that information to POEE, then you'll have it in a couple of places.  You could also just e-mail the file to admin@poee.co.uk and save yourself all that trouble.  He'll put it up for you. 

Frenzied Destruction

currently reading ''shadows over bakersfield'' awesome h.p. lovecraft meets sherlock home short story collection. And i finished reading illuminatus(wtf) a week ago.
(Member of the Cabal Of A Thousand Hordes)
No structure/No fascist musical notes/Just Freedom and Noise:www.myspace.com/frenzieddestruction

Cramulus

Quote from: Frenzied Destruction on July 06, 2007, 04:45:12 PM
currently reading ''shadows over bakersfield'' awesome h.p. lovecraft meets sherlock home short story collection. And i finished reading illuminatus(wtf) a week ago.

what did you think of Illuminatus?

That One Guy

http://mihd.net/k7v4w8

There it is, and I just submitted the link to POEE | UK for their linkage. Enjoy!  8)