News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 03, 2006, 04:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Forteetu

Quote from: That One Guy on July 06, 2007, 04:54:31 PM
http://mihd.net/k7v4w8

There it is, and I just submitted the link to POEE | UK for their linkage. Enjoy!  8)

:news:
YOU ROCK! Thanks man.
WOMP'd

Episkopos of the Discordian Society

http://42.dia.net.au - Forteetu

Cain

The Game - Neil Strauss

Pretty interesting, especially since I had heard of a few of the main personalities in there before now.

I will upload later, for those who want it.

Slarti

that'd be nice, i read part of it but lost it due to my computer getting a bad case of the HIV, and i haven't been able to find it since.

Payne

Quote from: Cain on July 07, 2007, 12:54:27 PM
The Game - Neil Strauss

Pretty interesting, especially since I had heard of a few of the main personalities in there before now.

DO want. Seeing as I finished reading that scary alien thingy you recomended...

Cain

Well, its going to have to be whenever I get my laptop returned by PC World.

Apparently they are shipping the parts from Shanghai.   :roll:  Either way, I can't see myself getting it back for at least another coupe of weeks.  If you can't wait that long, try the backpages of Bookchan, I think that was where I found it.

Payne

Quote from: Cain on July 08, 2007, 12:46:46 PM
Well, its going to have to be whenever I get my laptop returned by PC World.

Apparently they are shipping the parts from Shanghai.   :roll:  Either way, I can't see myself getting it back for at least another coupe of weeks.  If you can't wait that long, try the backpages of Bookchan, I think that was where I found it.

Righty! Thanks man.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on July 07, 2007, 12:54:27 PM
The Game - Neil Strauss

read that one too. the dutch translation was HORRIBLE :)

it's a good read, i especially enjoyed the bit where they set up that house and it all blows up because everybody is trying to out-alphamale the others  :lulz:

i had heard of some of the names in the book as well .. only thing i do not understand is why he completely fails to mention maniac_high. all the big names are in there, but maniac isn't even in the acknowledgements. probably some kinda grudge thing perhaps.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Yeah, that house towards the end...well, to be honest, it kind of reminded me of this forum at its worst.

I never heard of Maniac High however.  Mystery, Jefferies and DeAngelo, sure, but not him.  Could be a time thing, Style was only really playing for a couple of years, as far as I can see

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on July 14, 2007, 01:10:19 PM
Yeah, that house towards the end...well, to be honest, it kind of reminded me of this forum at its worst.

heh.

yep. guess we got quite a few too many "alpha males" not wanting to share their territory with eachother as well  :)

QuoteI never heard of Maniac High however.  Mystery, Jefferies and DeAngelo, sure, but not him.  Could be a time thing, Style was only really playing for a couple of years, as far as I can see

someone from tokyo, afaik. he wrote pickupguide.com, which was the first thing i saw of this whole "scene", years and years ago, which was indeed before Style appeared.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Slarti

just started reading the tree of life by israel regardie. pretty interesting stuff so far.

Cain

Mangrove

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

Just finished Pratchett's "Small Gods".  Took about 2 days, max.

Damn, I like his writing style.  Will probably pick up another of his this week.

That One Guy

They're a great, fast read - low-key but cerebral and entertaining. I have yet to read any of them and NOT enjoy it. The books ARE addictive, however, so just be aware that now that you've caught the bug it'll run you $7 a pop till you have them all  :mrgreen:
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.