News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 03, 2006, 04:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I know.  But luckily, I have a job that pays me to work for 4 hours, and spend 4 hours on the Intertrucks, and still have enough to buy Pratchett books to read during lunch.

I think I just figured out why I haven't quit my job and tried to become a full-time music producer.

Jasper

Quote from: That One Guy on July 16, 2007, 03:52:15 PM
They're a great, fast read - low-key but cerebral and entertaining. I have yet to read any of them and NOT enjoy it. The books ARE addictive, however, so just be aware that now that you've caught the bug it'll run you $7 a pop till you have them all  :mrgreen:

True.  I read everything he had over the course of a high school semester.

hunter s.durden

This space for rent.

Mangrove

Quote from: hunter s.durden on July 20, 2007, 04:04:52 AM
American Shaolin by Matthew Polly.

Lemme know how that pans out. I"ve heard good stuff about it and I keep seeing it at the bookstore saying "For god's sake Mang' won't you just buy me already?'
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

B_M_W

Chaos Curse, last book of RA Salvatore's Cleric Quintet. Finally bummed it off Cain, after looking for years.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Cain

The Management of Savagery, by Obvious Fake Arabic Name.

The things I do to keep the Carlyle Group off my back.....

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Thurnez Isa

A brief History of the Future How visionary thinkers changed the world and tommorrow's trends are "made" and marketed by Oona Strathern

Im seriously hoping the rest of the book is as good as the first chapter was
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Darth Cupcake

LMNO-PI.

It's a slow day at work, so it's about time I got versed in this majestic classic of modern literature. 8)
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

LMNO

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- Katherine Kerr's new Deverry trilogy. Fantasy that isn't just a repeat of the old memes. ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Darth Cupcake

LMNO, plz don't let your editors remove the sex scene.

I feel so denied. :cry:

I hope the next one isn't replaced with italics about unnecessary sex.

NO SEX IS UNNECESSARY. NEVAR.

Otherwise, I am riding high on roflcopters and speeding around on lollerskates. It is pretty great.

LMNO

DC, the sex scene will be included for a nominal, one-time fee.

Darth Cupcake

I will consider my payment to be waived in exchange for A) you ditching us for the Boston invasion last month and B) the fact that I didn't hunt you down on whitepages.com and plaster your house with propaganda while I was in your 'hood this weekend. :D

That seems quite fair, I do believe!

LMNO