News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 03, 2006, 04:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Outlining Renaissance Girl more than reading an actual novel. Been doing all sorts of gnarly researchness though.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

The Belgariad by David Eddings.

A friend of mine keeps saying I'm like one of the characters in this, but refuses to elaborate.  So I am forced to read, if only to see if I owe him a pint or a slip of tabasco in his next meal.

I also have a new translation of The Iliad I want to look over.  So far, its ranking fairly highly, certainly better than most Greek to English dictionary jobs that are out there.

DarkStar

I great series Cain.  I hope you enjoy it.
Freedom should never be taken for granted.  When you give yours away, you give mine.  Fuck you.

Cain

Thankyou, I certainly am so far.  And welcome to the forum, btw.

DarkStar

I am very glad to be here. When you figure out which character you may be, please present it. 

eta.  Thank you for the welcome Cain.
Freedom should never be taken for granted.  When you give yours away, you give mine.  Fuck you.

Cain

Cool.  Feel free to introduce yourself in Apple Chat, we've got a thread up there specially for it.

I suspect my friend meant Silk.  I'm noting a certain similar type of humour....or my affinity for (when posting pictures of myself on the internet) being mostly in the shadows.  One reason or the other.

DarkStar

I will go visit Apple chat.

For whatever it's worth, Silk is probably my favorite character.  Certainly, the most resourceful, and a wonderful whit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: DarkStar on September 29, 2007, 02:05:14 AM
I am very glad to be here. When you figure out which character you may be, please present it. 

eta.  Thank you for the welcome Cain.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

DarkStar

That One Guy

Philip K. Dick, Man in the High Castle

I love this book. While so much of PKD's stuff is amazing, this one is far and away my favorite, although that's probably in large part due to my love of "what if" fiction.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Mother John Frumm

Reading Cultures of Secrecy by Andrew Lattas and Dune: House Harkonnen, (reading the whole series)
"He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots"

"...I also move for GPS drone fighting forces to guard McVeighs grave in case he re-rises like the messiah and plays games with me like Patrick Swaze did to Demi Moore in Ghost..."

Riches v. McVeigh et al  http://news.justia.com/cases/jonathan-lee-riches/

Triple Zero

holy fuck that is a scary fucking avatar
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mother John Frumm

Ha Ha. From an old Italian movie, Lucio Fulci's Demonia. Nunsploitation all the way.

"...I also move for GPS drone fighting forces to guard McVeighs grave in case he re-rises like the messiah and plays games with me like Patrick Swaze did to Demi Moore in Ghost..."

Triple Zero

it kinda ranks up there with the think davedim used to have

good job :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mother John Frumm

thanks   I've been into the nunsploitation lately