News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 03, 2006, 04:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu🤠ns

Cramulus

At Mangrove's advice,
I'm reading Chicken Qabalah
by Lon Milo Duquette

I'd tried to read up on Qabalah about a half dozen times prior to this. This is the first writer I've come across that's explained in a way which doesn't make me want to reach through the book and punch him in the vau.

ETA: right in the zain? right in the samekh? right in the ayin?

there's too many letters which might be a cock.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on May 08, 2008, 10:40:54 PM
At Mangrove's advice,
I'm reading Chicken Qabalah
by Lon Milo Duquette

I'd tried to read up on Qabalah about a half dozen times prior to this. This is the first writer I've come across that's explained in a way which doesn't make me want to reach through the book and punch him in the vau.

ETA: right in the zain? right in the samekh? right in the ayin?

there's too many letters which might be a cock.

ITT, Cram learns the secret of all Hebrew symbolism.

Jews,
Making penis jokes for as long as people have been using them

Iason Ouabache

Just finished "The Art and Science of Cold Reading". Interesting read.  Not sure if I'm ready to do any psychic readings yet though.  Probably going to try reading "Cosmic Trigger" over the weekend since I'll be stuck at work with almost nothing to do on Friday and Saturday.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Triple Zero

Quote from: IasonOuabache on May 09, 2008, 07:12:21 AM"The Art and Science of Cold Reading"

now that sounds really interesting.

i always wanted to read up on that.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

fomenter

fight club, loved the movie thought i would give the book a try
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

e

Quote from: fnord mote eris on May 09, 2008, 04:26:25 PM
fight club, loved the movie thought i would give the book a try

The book was much more interesting.  The movie blew the "lol men fighting each other" thing out of all proportion compared to the book, which discussed it for about 10 pages and then moved on.  Also, the book's ending was about 2,000,000 times better.  Seriously.

Currently I'm reading and enjoying Aleister Horne's Seven Ages of Paris and Donald Keene's Yoshimasa and the Silver Pavilion

fomenter

enjoyed the book fight club and the ending as well i would rate it a good read
  i may start buried my heart at wounded knee next
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Micro Ice

Nothing fancy for me, just more sci fi.

Currently reading "Descent of Angels" by someoneorother. Cant remember his name because the great people making the Horus Heresy decided to have a different person write each novel in the thus far 8 book series. Although the change in authors seems to work really well.
Let me Go, Gravity, Whats On My Shoulder?, Little by Little I Feel a Bit Better.

Suu

I've finally caved and moved onto the 2nd book in the Star Wars: Legacy of the Force Series, Bloodlines...even though THE ENTIRE FUCKING SERIES HAS BEEN SPOILED FOR ME. AND THE AUTHOR, KAREN TRAVISS, IS A TOP CHOICE GRADE A DOUCHENOZZLE.

But it has Boba Fett.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: fnord mote eris on May 10, 2008, 12:12:29 AM

Chuck Palahniuk said the movie was better. although i have to disagree.

vosti

Consciousness Explained, by Daniel Dennett
Finite and Infinite Games, by James P. Carse

both great

e

Quote from: burnstoupee on May 11, 2008, 07:07:44 AM
Quote from: fnord mote eris on May 10, 2008, 12:12:29 AM

Chuck Palahniuk said the movie was better. although i have to disagree.

Really?  That's interesting.  I mean, I loved both, but the book was more interesting to me.  Maybe he just got to have sex with Brad Pitt as part of the movie deal.  And actually, I bet he's only saying that because the movie made him zillions of dollars and firmly established his fame, and he got paid a "We don't really want to publish this, but..." pittance for the book at first. 

fomenter

tough call for me - i thought they were both real good , most book / movies i will all ways pick the book but on this one i am giving it a draw  - a rare level of quality for this movie..

hmroogp

Cain

Quote from: vosti on May 12, 2008, 01:04:19 AM
Consciousness Explained, by Daniel Dennett
Finite and Infinite Games, by James P. Carse

both great

Dennett's written some very interesting stuff on consciousness.  I may have that book somewhere, I should check it out.