News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 03, 2006, 04:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raphaella

I have been touting the benefits of the Illuminatus Trilogy for years! Taken with large doses of T.H.C. and properly meditated upon, it shall bring you one step closer to illumination! (Also the T.H.C. should knock out the head ache, but only if used responsibly.)

I am reading Ultraculture Journal one in PDF and now I too have a head ache! Man, I cant wait for reasonable digital paper.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Cain

I suggest Kindle or whatever its called.

Reading Researching Terrorism: Trends, Achievements and Failures by Andrew Silke.

Raphaella

Good lord! Where did you get that? (I want one!)
Terrorism: Trends, Achievements and Failures, I mean. I don't have the cash to order it, any torrents?
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Cain

Uh no, afraid not.  It was for my course.  Put me back $50 too.  I have Bruce Hoffman's Understanding Terrorism in pdf though, if you're interested.  Its not so researched orientated, but still fairly good.

Raphaella

I would be most interested! The Amazon list price for Research into Terrorism: Trends, Achievements and Failures has risen sharply! It's going used for $162. (I'll have to wait till rush dies down they'll knock the price down a bit then) 

Cain

Really? Damn.  I bought mine a year ago, I wouldn't expect that fast a price-rise, especially for a text book.  Maybe its a UK/USA thing?

http://mihd.net/dfgqz6p

Its 12.6 MB in total, I left a few other papers I had in the folder in there as well, in case you wanted anything else on terrorism too.

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Cain

Switching between Terrorism vs Democracy: The Liberal State Response by the mac-daddy of terrorism research, Paul Wilkinson, and The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman.

Because if I cant get through this exam by methodical application of knowledge, I'll get through it by appealing to the Atheist Conspiracy that apparently runs our liberal institutions and media.

Raphaella

The Golden Compass was not all as Atheist as it's cracked up to be. (Sadly, I went out and bought all three of those books when I heard there was controversy over them) Not nearly as Atheist, or as unsettling as Harry Potter.
:fnord: And I don't know how it's done over there, but here in Amerika our liberal institutions and media are run by Nabisco. That Conspiracy is too frightening to delve into here though.   :fnord:

Cain

I'm picking up hints and there, but I'm not expecting it to be obvious until at least the end of the first book.  To be honest, its probably preferable that way.  In your face atheism a la Richard Dawkins, for 3 novels, wouldn't be very much fun.

LMNO

It's not Atheist, it's Anti-Church.

There's a subtle difference.

Cain

NO THERE'S NOT.  SECULARISTS HATE OUR RELIGIOUS FREEDOM, THE VATICAN AND MELANIE PHILLIPS SAY SO.

LMNO

Ah.  Right.

Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking...

:lol:

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on May 23, 2008, 04:32:26 PM
Ah.  Right.

Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking...

:lol:

http://www.ministryoftruth.me.uk/2007/11/29/no-one-expects-the-secular-inquisition/

Quotehe full force of the secular inquisition will not hesitate in pronouncing its anathema upon him [Blair] for committing this heresy of religious belief.

Triple Zero

i finished the art of memetics, and i figured out how to read PDFs comfortable on my Vario phone (without pictures, but meh), so i'm slowly digesting the load of PDFs i have on my computer.

currently going through Liber Null. just started, i have no idea what to expect, any good bits i need to be on the lookout for?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.