News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 03, 2006, 04:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reeducation

Ayn Rand : Atlas Shrugged

Huxley : The Doors of Perception and Heaven and Hell
I am very calm

VIDEODROME

Philip K. Dick     A Scanner Darkly
The experiments will continue...    film at 11.

LMNO

I just started Reich's "Mass Psychology of Facism."

Another good model to incorporate. 

Cain

You should read Anti-Oedipus by Deleuze and Guattari after that.  Its a critique of Freudo-Marxism that builds on Reich and R.D. Laing to try and explain the appeal of fascism, among many other things.

LMNO

I really need to find a copy of "listen, little man!"  I had a copy once, and of course I lent it to a friend...

Now I have no friends, and my books are safe.

Cain

LMNO

"There is currently no text in this page, you can search for this page title in other pages or edit this page. "

CANADAAAAAA!
  \
:argh!:

Cain

The exclamation mark is meant to be part of the URL  :argh!:

LMNO

LMNO

Honey

I like Listen, Little Man.  Timely to re-read now.  Thanks.

QuoteYou knew better how to win your freedom than how to safeguard it for yourself and others.

The less you understand, the more ready you are to give reverence.

This is why I am afraid of you Little Man, deadly afraid. For on you depends the fate of humanity I am afraid of you because there is nothing you flee as much from as yourself. You are sick, very sick, Little Man. It is not your fault. But it is your responsibility to rid yourself of this sickness. You would have long since shaken off your oppressors had you not tolerated oppression and often actively supported it. No police force in the world would be powerful enough to suppress you if you had only a mite of self-respect in practical everyday living, if you knew, deep down, that without you life would not go on for even an hour. Did your liberator tell you that? No. He called you the 'Proletarian of the World', but he did not tell you that you, and only you, are responsible for your life (instead of being responsible for the 'honor of the fatherland')
-Listen, Little Man! written by Wilhelm Reich, translated by Theodore P. Wolfe 
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

Mangrove

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Iason Ouabache

"Your Inner Fish: A Journey into the 3.5-Billion-Year History of the Human Body" by Neil Shubin.  It's dry but interesting, like a fine brandy.  I now know more about tetrapod anatomy than I ever cared to.  It's still a good book though. 
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Just finished Neil Stephensons Baroque Trilogy.

Moving on to God Emperor of Dune.

Xooxe

Quote from: LMNO on March 18, 2009, 03:48:59 PM
Found it.

"Determining a word's number is only the beginning of the fun… Turning to one of  our number texts we find that "31" has several entries.  The two most important , in my opinion, are AL (אל) which is the simplest way to say God in Hebrew, and LA (לא) which means "not".  This reminds us of the first two [principles of my Kaballah teachings]; All is One, and All is Nothing.  Say what you want about Islam, but Allah is a great name for God!"

That makes a lot of sense. Do you know if that's pretty well known to muslims in general?

Quote from: Cain on March 27, 2009, 02:10:10 PM
You should read Anti-Oedipus by Deleuze and Guattari after that.  Its a critique of Freudo-Marxism that builds on Reich and R.D. Laing to try and explain the appeal of fascism, among many other things.

I'll have to give this a read too. Thank you.

Quote from: LMNO on March 27, 2009, 02:13:01 PM
I really need to find a copy of "listen, little man!"  I had a copy once, and of course I lent it to a friend...

Now I have no friends, and my books are safe.

I lent mine to my girlfriend and she ran away with it. I hope they're happy together.

At least she read it. I hate lending books if no one bothers and then keeps them.