News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 03, 2006, 04:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

that's a cool idea. I'm a notorious note-taker in margins. That's why I often prefer printouts to actual books - you feel less bad about marking them, crossing stuff out, getting in arguments in the margins.

I'm a big fan of Flow My Tears. I read it on a PKD binge that DCup set me on two years ago.

LMNO

The Kindle has a keyboard where you can type your notes out.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I'm not particularly far in Flow My Tears. PKD's writing style gets on my nerves a lot... It is very much early-60s scifi style, which is one of the two things I usually try very hard to avoid in sci fi (the other being post-singularity stuff so out there that it more closely resembles fantasy -- nanomachines that do everything or become everything being one of the staples). PKD's stuff is awesome if you can get through it, though.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Cain

I'm downloading copes of "Republic", which is apparently "the Patriot Movement magazine" (obviously got tired of the Ron Paul Survival Report).

Hilarity will no doubt ensue, as I read page after page blaming "international bankers" of a certain ethnicity being the source of all our woes, and how trust in the Lord Jesus Christ can restore a racially pure America.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Downloaded and read The Filth yesterday, in one sitting. Needless to say, my dreams were pretty fucked up last night.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Bu🤠ns

Was it the black sperms?  Or the Giant ones? 

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Actually, it was the space monkeys and the garbage trucks with teeth. And Tony, the dying cat.

Epimetheus

Quote from: Enki-][ on May 24, 2009, 05:10:30 PM
Downloaded and read The Filth yesterday, in one sitting. Needless to say, my dreams were pretty fucked up last night.

Nice! I didn't get to experience that after reading... :sad:
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Epimetheus

Anyway, I just starting reading Steppenwolf by Hesse.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

The Wizard

I'm reading Imajica by Clive Barker.
Insanity we trust.

The Good Reverend Roger

Fucking users manual for this new "Zune" thingie.

All this shit for a fucking walkman?  WTF?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard

Don't bother with the User's manual. Just figure it out as you go along. Much easier and much, much more interesting.
Insanity we trust.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on June 08, 2009, 04:15:49 AM
Don't bother with the User's manual. Just figure it out as you go along. Much easier and much, much more interesting.

I'm STILL waiting for the fucking laptop software to download.  And I have a fucking CABLE MODEM.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard

Insanity we trust.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I finished Thud, and tried Hyperion again. Found out why it was so hard to get into: it's based on canterbury tales, which not only cannot I read the original (I don't speak middle english), but I have found almost all the modern-day adaptations I've come across horribly difficult to get into as well.