If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

RIP The Discordian Network: The Highlights

Started by LHX, December 03, 2006, 07:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

Quote from: LMNO on December 15, 2006, 02:34:54 PM
Quote from: LHX on December 15, 2006, 02:06:38 PM
i mentioned back at TDN that the only thing i could find for 13 was that it was actually 13 tribes of Israel instead of 12

plus it has been argued that instead of being a clean 12 months in a year of 30 days each, there is actually 12+1 months or 12 months and 1 transition (5/6 days)

nothing else comes to mind right now

1 and 1 could be Tai Chi and Wu Chi as well

ill get that chart up soon

Put Xtianity in there - 13 apostles.  Judas counts.

boom

and then - after identifying a 13 figure, all you have to do is see where each element would fit into the chart

since 13 sandwiches between 21 and 8, it prolly wouldnt be hard to line something up if one was familiar with the distinguishing attributes of the 13 elements

from these same principles, a I Ching system could be developed at any level (the tarot system is already similar to the I Ching, but not as concise or with a universally agreed-upon technique)

instead of the 64 hexagrams of the i ching tho - at the tarot level there would be 21 x 21 = 442 elements

*it should be noted tho that the I Ching can be regarded as the 'cleanest' of these numbers because it breaks down into components that are also numbers in this pattern - the 8 elements are formed by 3 levels consisting of one of the 2 principles of yin/yang
neat hell

LMNO

Please to be re-creating said chart, LHX.  I believe a mystic Xtian site can get you apostle attributes.

If I wasn't so hungover, I'd look them up myself.

DJRubberducky

I vote for 1 and 1 being the Complete Universe and the Experienced Universe.  That flows into 2 as being a self/others duality (and I'm sure we can figure out how to tie those back to yin and yang).

Though really, it almost begs the idea of THREE Universes: The Complete Universe, the Universe as experienced by Self, and the Universe as experienced by Others - which is going to be different because we all create our own Reality Grids and each one is ultimately unique (if only minutely).

Oh, and to whomever asked: I'm not sure microcosm is the best word to describe the Experienced Universe.  I mean, I can see the logical tie between "Everything ever" and "Everything we can possibly perceive", but I really feel like it's more of a subset.  Microcosm to me implies a complete replication, and I think calling our Experienced Universes microcosms could fuel a dangerous attitude that we *can* learn everything.
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

LHX

i can see 'Universe' breaking down into the 2 other universes you describe - i can also see the "Universe as experienced by Self, and the Universe as experienced by Others" breaking down into yin/yang principles
neat hell

LMNO

DJ, the 3 universe thing begs solipsism-- that the universe I experience is somehow of a different subset than the Universes every one els is seeing.

Remembering to stay humble is tough work.  No need to entrench it into esoterica, as well.

LHX

still the same low-quality scan i been using since 2003

http://i10.tinypic.com/2qcgu3b.jpg
Netaungrot cleaned this up and made it easier to read on TDN before it crashed

the shaded area is just an example of how one element of the tarot would correspond with the systems in the inner-circles

so there you have it - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 13 - 21

in this case - the 15th element of tarot (The Devil) correspnds to a split between whatever the 9th and 10th elements of the ring of 13 would be

it would also correspond with the 6th trigram (Mountain) which i also related to Supreme Mathematics where it would correspond with 6 = Equality

this would correspond with Water from 5 Element theory

and so on

basically - if you understand any 1 system, you can transfer your understanding of 1 to an understanding of the other
since each system accomplishes the same thing
and they all describe the same process
neat hell

LMNO

This is SSOOKN approved, because it lends incredible persuasiveness to utter bullshit.

LHX

Quote from: LMNO on December 15, 2006, 03:24:32 PM
This is SSOOKN approved, because it lends incredible persuasiveness to utter bullshit.
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah

you know how we roll
neat hell

LHX

For those keeping score at home - here is a reference card to the known systems in relation to their numbers:

Tarot
1. The Magician
2. The High Priestess
3. The Empress
4. The Emperor
5. The Hierophant
6. The Lovers
7. The Chariot
8. Strength
9. The Hermit
10. Wheel of Fortune
11. Justice
12. The Hanged Man
13. Death
14. Temperance
15. The Devil
16. The Tower
17. The Star
18. The Moon
19. The Sun
20. Judgement
21. The World.

Trigrams of the I Ching
1. Fire
2. Earth
3. Lake
4. Air/Heaven
5. Water
6. Mountain
7. Thunder
8. Wind/Wood

Supreme Mathematics
1. Knowledge
2. Wisdom
3. Understanding
4. Culture/Freedom
5. Power/Refinement
6. Equality
7. Build/Destroy
8. Born

5 Elements
1. Fire
2. Earth
3. Metal
4. Water
5. Wind

If anybody knows of any other systems that may fit in - please experiment

take it apart and put it back together, etc
neat hell

LMNO

Ok, I'm gonna have to researc the apostles.

Just not today.

LMNO
-taking one for the team.

Cain

Moved to the BIP forum by request of the OP

DJRubberducky

Quote from: LMNO on December 15, 2006, 03:38:34 PM
Ok, I'm gonna have to researc the apostles.

Here's this if you can make any sense of it:

http://jesus8880.com/chapters/mk03-preview/mk03v13-19-making-12/index.htm

EDIT: Fuck it, never mind, they've deleted half the diagrams in an attempt to sell their book.  If someone can find the book online, tho...
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

LMNO

Mangrove

There's loads of cool stuff going on here that I'll have to read once I'm done with my exam (Thurs morning).

However, I'm going to throw in the inevitable Crowley and offer that the 1 & 1 be

-1 and +1

Add the -1 and the +1 to = 0.

0 would be Ain
+1 is when the various Ains contract to inspect itself. Like when a yogi contemplates himself.

Having had the realization of what one is (+1) you are instantaneously aware of what one is not (-1).

Thus 0 produces the Unity and the Duality which can be resolved back into itself as nothingness. Attaining Unity is the second to last goal of the qabbalist.

On the tree of life the 0 state is the Ains. Kether is when the Ains contemplate themselves, Chokmah the realization of what is is, Binah teh realization of what is not. So in that model you get 0, 1, 2 & 3 - or your basic supernal triad. However, you could rephrase that as 0 = +1 Plus -1.

Ok, now I'm going to grab some leftovers for lunch.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

AFK

I'm bumping this for an anti-climatic update:

Ever since the place crashed and burned I've been trying to get someone, anyone over at attheforum to tell me if there was anyway to retrieve anything from the server.  Well, I FINALLY got an answer:

QuoteRegarding the crash back on 2006, The service provider would never ship us the harddrive to get professional recovery services performed on the drive. Our new server has better RAID hardware that will better protect the site from failures.

I also asked them why they never responded to my other 50 odd e-mails.  They just played dumb with that one.  Idiots.  So there you have it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.