News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Defensive Personalities

Started by AFK, December 12, 2006, 02:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laz

Quoterather than bringing up issues that we have already discussed here

With a forum as big as this one, you are going to get repeats over and over, I am trying to read as much of what has gone before but i am new here! looking forward to my 50th post ;0)

Quotewhat has led you to be of the nature of making so many assumptions?

My human frailty? i don't know, why do you do it?

Quotedoes it have something to do with this soul torturing business?

What's that then?
Laz.

AFK

Quote from: Laz on December 20, 2006, 03:42:48 PM
Quoterather than bringing up issues that we have already discussed here

With a forum as big as this one, you are going to get repeats over and over, I am trying to read as much of what has gone before but i am new here! looking forward to my 50th post ;0)

I don't know.  I think things around here evolve and flow enough.  I think there is far less repetition here as compared to other message boards I've been on. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

yea no but seriously, please answer the question

> why wouldnt you give us the benefit of the doubt and/or do some archiving to see whether we had some dogmatic agenda?

cause you conveniently left the one interesting question out?

also,

> are you the guy from NIN?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Laz

Quotewhy wouldnt you give us the benefit of the doubt and/or do some archiving to see whether we had some dogmatic agenda?

But i have, but you do!

Quoteare you the guy from NIN?
Trent Reznor i am not. try myspace ;0)
Laz.

B_M_W

Quote from: Laz on December 20, 2006, 03:54:27 PM
Quotewhy wouldnt you give us the benefit of the doubt and/or do some archiving to see whether we had some dogmatic agenda?

But i have, but you do!

Please to be quoting said dogmatisms.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Laz

ah! they are all coming out now, even those that just sit and watch, offence is rife here eh? well you know what goes with offence, attachment.

Just what is the principia discordia if its not the dogma of chaos? This a joke religion, or a religion disguised as a joke! please to be correcting me if i have made a fatal error. Chaos is uncontrollable, unmanageable, and free, following the rules of chaos is not freedom.
Laz.

LHX

Quote from: Laz on December 20, 2006, 03:42:48 PM
My human frailty? i don't know, why do you do it?
lol human frailty card

thats gonna get you far

throw rocks then back down right?

and if your debating skills are good enough, you might just get out of it...
neat hell

B_M_W

Quote from: Laz on December 20, 2006, 04:04:00 PM
ah! they are all coming out now, even those that just sit and watch, offence is rife here eh? well you know what goes with offence, attachment.

Just what is the principia discordia if its not the dogma of chaos? This a joke religion, or a religion disguised as a joke! please to be correcting me if i have made a fatal error. Chaos is uncontrollable, unmanageable, and free, following the rules of chaos is not freedom.

Dude, we got past the PD a long time ago. We actually don't even like talking about it anymore, really. Moved on to other subjects.

Just sayin'.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

Laz

Quotethrow rocks then back down right?

and if your debating skills are good enough, you might just get out of it...

And there's the double dare again, do you really think that debating a particular point makes you anything or gets you anywhere at all? Wasn't it you that insisted on the Original Post being gospel to peoples subsequent statements?
Laz.

Laz

QuoteDude, we got past the PD a long time ago. We actually don't even like talking about it anymore, really. Moved on to other subjects.

Just sayin'.

So whats your problem, what are you just saying?
Laz.

LMNO

1.  Don't take it personally.  You made the accusation of dogma; you should expect more than a few people to respond to that.

2.  The PD does not seem to be the dogma of chaos.  Because it is chaos, it does not have a predictable order.  Since it does not have a predictable order, it cannot be dogma, commonly defined as, "a specific tenet or doctrine authoritatively laid down, as by a church".  The PD "is" neither a religion, nor a joke.  It "is" whatever the individual sees it as.  

In fact, the PD itself actually calls it's suggestions "catmas" for this very reason.  The fact that you even attempted to classify the PD as a dogma makes very clear that you have not read the PD thoroughly.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Laz on December 20, 2006, 04:04:00 PMJust what is the principia discordia if its not the dogma of chaos? This a joke religion, or a religion disguised as a joke! please to be correcting me if i have made a fatal error. Chaos is uncontrollable, unmanageable, and free, following the rules of chaos is not freedom.

actually, this is sort of what we are discussing here. feel free to join in, but don't be all smartypants like "explain to me what you think you are doing here so i can shoot it down", it's not getting anybody any further. and you probably wouldn't enjoy it as much as your past ~48 posts
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

B_M_W

Quote from: Laz on December 20, 2006, 04:10:56 PM
QuoteDude, we got past the PD a long time ago. We actually don't even like talking about it anymore, really. Moved on to other subjects.

Just sayin'.

So whats your problem, what are you just saying?

QuoteJust what is the principia discordia if its not the dogma of chaos? This a joke religion, or a religion disguised as a joke! please to be correcting me if i have made a fatal error. Chaos is uncontrollable, unmanageable, and free, following the rules of chaos is not freedom.

Thats what Im saying. You continuously contradict yourself, and you still want us to take you seriously. We're a bit jaded here.

Really just sayin'.

LHX

o gee

we havent been over that yet either

maybe we can learn to move in the Right Direction,Ñ¢ like Real Discordians,Ñ¢

Search the archives around late summer - fall 2005 and previous
neat hell

AFK

I would still be interested in a quoting of some dogma that has come forth from this site.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.