News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Pagans Are Idiots

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, December 22, 2006, 07:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Discord on December 23, 2006, 06:52:46 AM

The video was funny, but he refered to goths, wiccans and magicians whenever he said pagans, and that was his fucking mistakes, his limited christian view.

He isn't a Christian.

Other than that, GREAT point.  Well, not really.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Quote from: hunter s.durden on December 23, 2006, 01:12:49 AM
Will somebody join me in a new trend i'm trying to start?

I want to start a new goth movement, but REAL goths. Basically we wear bear fur, get drunk, and raid villages (especially Roman villages). As opposed to todays fake goths we will not wear makeup, unless dirt and rage are considered makeup. Our jewelry will be pieces of our enemy, our tattoos will be battle scars.

Any takers? If not, next stop: Norse Worship.

I'm in.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on December 23, 2006, 07:10:32 AM
Quote from: hunter s.durden on December 23, 2006, 01:12:49 AM
Will somebody join me in a new trend i'm trying to start?

I want to start a new goth movement, but REAL goths. Basically we wear bear fur, get drunk, and raid villages (especially Roman villages). As opposed to todays fake goths we will not wear makeup, unless dirt and rage are considered makeup. Our jewelry will be pieces of our enemy, our tattoos will be battle scars.

Any takers? If not, next stop: Norse Worship.

I'm in.

Fuck that Norse worship bullshit.

That's how we got Wolfpoet.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Jenne

He said, "If Not."

I'm his indemnity clause.

*bandwagonning or lose 2007*

Jenne

Or, were you not talking bout what I said?

*scratches head*

Bhode_Sativa

I'm not a pagan, in any sense of the word.  I am an agnostic, due to my opinion that nobody really knows The Truth.  I have seen amazing synchronicities in my own life that have usually been accompanied by a particular frame of mind, but I don't "Cast Spells" or pretend to have all the answers like the Christians and Atheists.  There seems to be more to life than what is found in any religious text or petri dish, so I try to keep an open mind.  Heaping scorn on a person due to their being different is a totally expected response.  Conform or Leave or Suffer.  Makes me wanna giggle.

Goth =/= Pagan  ~  Visual =/= Audio  ~  Poorly made  ~  My assertion = true

His purpose may have been to rant, but reacting in the Emotional/Territorial circuit to my disagreement in matters of opinion seems to be slightly childish.

As far as evidence for Nature based religions being better for the planet than the current system of Christianity/Science/Capitalism I offer the entire history of the human race until pollution started, which you might notice happened under the watch of the Church State and Corporate Leaders. 

If you're looking for rolemodels of Anti-Christianity, I'd suggest going with the ever popular Richard Dawkins, or the slightly less well known Sam Harris.  Though, even Sam talks about humans having a wide range of spiritual experiences. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bhode_Sativa on December 23, 2006, 07:34:28 AM

If you're looking for rolemodels of Anti-Christianity, I'd suggest going with the ever popular Richard Dawkins, or the slightly less well known Sam Harris.  Though, even Sam talks about humans having a wide range of spiritual experiences. 

:lol:

What the FUCK are you jabbering about?  I was enjoying a good rant, not looking for a guru.

Hey, fuckstick...how about you try just replying to what is actually SAID, without trying to be an amateur psychologist, eh?

TGRR,
Is laughing at you, boy.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bhode_Sativa on December 23, 2006, 07:34:28 AM
As far as evidence for Nature based religions being better for the planet than the current system of Christianity/Science/Capitalism I offer the entire history of the human race until pollution started, which you might notice happened under the watch of the Church State and Corporate Leaders. 

Okay, you're a fucking idiot.

Pollution is a function of population.  Now, if these Pagans had the numbers we have today, and still burned wood for fuel, what shape do you think the planet would be in?

Christ on a pogo stick, dude...use your head for something besides a hat rack.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: mian tiao noodle on December 23, 2006, 07:54:18 AM
JUST KILL THEM ROGER

NOT UNTIL YOU HAVE SUPREME EXECUTIVE POWER, FRED!

TGRR,
Doesn't "Fargo" people without a legal shield.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

The Good Reverend Roger

Makes a great visual, doesn't it?

BADGE OF HONOR

If only whywiccanssuck.com still existed.  That was articulate and entertaining.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Discord on December 23, 2006, 06:52:46 AM
Funny in what way you reject his statements, simply by taking phrases out and put them into different or absolute irrelevant context.

He refered the nature thing to the nature based pagans. you should read more carefully, cause hes definitly right in that point.
Sure its not all pagans, but he wasnt saying so.

The video was funny, but he refered to goths, wiccans and magicians whenever he said pagans, and that was his fucking mistakes, his limited christian view.

It was nothing more than a bad made hate video against above mentioned group, and evey1 not able to think enough for himself will agree. its wuite much the same than all the books like "men are from mars women from venus" all statements true, all statements shit if u take a close look.

ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER!
\

/
DO YOU SPEAK IT!

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Bhode_Sativa

Okay, the thing about atheist rolemodels was to something said by Vexaph0d.  But it also goes with the whole, why are you listening to that asshat when there are SO many more intelligent people poking holes in the beliefs of others, thing.

Pollution is NOT a function of the amount of people, rather it is a function of the use of technology that pollutes that was invented by scientists and sold to people by their capitalist masters to make their lives "better" (although I fail to see how ruining the landbase for greed makes anyone's life better).  Ten thousand years ago at the birth of "civilization" there were approximately ten million people living on the earth, yet there was no pollution.  Civilization today is just the result of Totalitarian Agriculture and people realizing that they individually could live more comfortably if they took advantage of others.

Indigenous populations around the world take an animistic view of their existence, meaning, Tribes live in harmony with their environment which is their god/s.  They also happen to work on average 2 to 4 hours a day each (compare that to how much time we lose out of our day doing stuff we hate for people we don't like, and all so we can afford to buy more shit that ruins the environment).  Point being, it's simply greed and powerlust that got us into this whole mess, and in order to get us out it's going to take a change of perspective for the vast majority of the world from thinking Humanity has the God-Given Right to control its surroundings, to a reverence for the systems that allowed us to live here in the first place.

Bhode_Sativa,
is laughing right back Old Man