News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Completely random post

Started by Satans_Santa, January 20, 2007, 10:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix Mackay on January 22, 2007, 05:17:45 AM
I can think of something likable about nowadays.

Toilets.  Windex.  TP.  Cheap paper and pens.  Coffee for all.  Education.  Global instant communication.  Discordia and the CotSG.  Raised racial and sexual equality, not perfect yet but closer.  Clean water.  

It's sort of depressing to see you smart folks thinking you don't lead blessed existences.  Let's have some perspective, here.

1.  That's all 20th century shit.  What's the 21st century given you?

2.  Blessed existence my ass.  All of those things are MEANINGLESS, nothing but ASHES IN OUR MOUTHS, because we aren't free, anymore.  Keep your trinkets.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

The dominant ideologies of the 21st century are going to be radical monotheism with a touch of conspiracy theory, postmodernism, technological authoritarianism and nationalism.  Not much good can come of these.

Thurnez Isa

unless theres a popular backlash
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Jasper

*Sigh*

I'm a bit frustrated at the bleakness of it all.  As a futurist myself, I have a hard time as seeing the world of mankind being worse off as time goes on.

Cain

Depends, I can see the far future being more hopeful.  But the present century is gearing up to be a clusterfuck.

Jasper

Isn't that always the prediction?  Nevertheless, things always seem to get slightly better over long periods of time.  Perhaps that's bad in the long run, but I think humanity as a whole isn't to be worried about.  It'll do fine for itself, run it's course, and the next thing will start (whatever that ends up being).

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix Mackay on January 22, 2007, 05:25:05 AM
*Sigh*

I'm a bit frustrated at the bleakness of it all.  As a futurist myself, I have a hard time as seeing the world of mankind being worse off as time goes on.

Har har!  People were saying the same shit in 1900.  

"Oh, we've put the worst parts of our nature behind us!  We've conquered war, and we have a pretty good handle on disease!  WHAT COULD GO WRONG?"

:lol:

Fortunately for the human race, most of the assholes jabbering that nonsense sucked gas in trenches, thus making the world a slightly quieter place for a couple of decades.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix Mackay on January 22, 2007, 05:38:47 AM
Isn't that always the prediction?  Nevertheless, things always seem to get slightly better over long periods of time.  Perhaps that's bad in the long run, but I think humanity as a whole isn't to be worried about.  It'll do fine for itself, run it's course, and the next thing will start (whatever that ends up being).

Bet on rats.  Always bet on rats.

Cain

Jasper

Perhaps being young and in love casts a rosier picture than is really there, but I'm sticking with my hope until things seem different.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 22, 2007, 05:40:47 AM
I thought it was roaches.

Them, too.  But never bet against rats.  Roaches may survive anything, but rats find a way to capitalize on ANYTHING.

Jasper

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 22, 2007, 05:39:22 AM
Isn't that always the prediction?  Nevertheless, things always seem to get slightly better over long periods of time.  Perhaps that's bad in the long run, but I think humanity as a whole isn't to be worried about.  It'll do fine for itself, run it's course, and the next thing will start (whatever that ends up being).

Bet on rats. Always bet on rats.

I'd be more wary of betting agaist technology.  Who says our tools will always need or want us?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix Mackay on January 22, 2007, 05:41:51 AM
Perhaps being young and in love casts a rosier picture than is really there, but I'm sticking with my hope until things seem different.

Oh, go right ahead.  Don't let ME stop you.

TGRR,
Loves the look on their innocent little faces when they realize the hideous troof.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix Mackay on January 22, 2007, 05:42:40 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 22, 2007, 05:39:22 AM
Isn't that always the prediction?  Nevertheless, things always seem to get slightly better over long periods of time.  Perhaps that's bad in the long run, but I think humanity as a whole isn't to be worried about.  It'll do fine for itself, run it's course, and the next thing will start (whatever that ends up being).

Bet on rats. Always bet on rats.

I'd be more wary of betting agaist technology.  Who says our tools will always need or want us?

Machines don't think.  Rats, on the other hand never STOP.

Jasper

Did I play at innocence?  

I said, "I'm sticking with hope".  

Hideous truths have less surprise than comedy value these days.