News:

PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

Rev Roger's Least Fit Monkey Theory:

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 23, 2007, 06:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fomenter

nailed it in one, Robert Tilton. its been a few years but i recognized the name the second i saw it..

:lulz:  that guy has given me hours of entertainment
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fomenter on May 14, 2009, 06:04:32 AM
nailed it in one, Robert Tilton. its been a few years but i recognized the name the second i saw it..

:lulz:  that guy has given me hours of entertainment

His meltdown in the 90s was LEGENDARY.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

fomenter

the talking in tongues always gave me the impression the schizophrenia was on the edge of taking over and he was about to give in and roll with that shit ..

what was the break down? i missed it. any links to see it?
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fomenter on May 15, 2009, 04:32:04 AM

the talking in tongues always gave me the impression the schizophrenia was on the edge of taking over and he was about to give in and roll with that shit ..

what was the break down? i missed it. any links to see it?

Basically, he woke up one night screaming that he was the pope, threw his wife down a flight of stairs (amazingly, she was not seriously injured), and ran down the street naked shrieking that rats were eating his brains.  He then disappeared for a few years, and came back on BET, peddling miracle water like nothing ever happened.

There's a million sources, some good, some not-so-good.  Just google "robert tilton meltdown".

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

fomenter

it couldn't have happened to a better man  :lulz: 

i will look it up

hmroogp

fomenter

he went nuts  :D.. i wish he had done it on camera  :lulz:

hmroogp

Doktor Howl

Bump.

Because I miss Robert Tilton.

But not Fomentor.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 10, 2011, 09:34:13 PM
Bump.

But not Fomentor.

Still don't miss Fomentor.
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 01, 2019, 06:56:00 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 10, 2011, 09:34:13 PM
Bump.

But not Fomentor.

Still don't miss Fomentor.

He was the guy who decided to start stinking up the forum for a moderator position at the Church of Google, right?

Yeah, I don't miss him either. I do miss the lols when I saw his crummy little kingdom turn to mulch at his feet, leaving him nowhere to go.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Fujikoma

That was an interesting read. Is BMW still around? If so I've read just a tiny smidge about epigenetics and I know for a fact I didn't get much from it, and what I thought I understood was actually horse-shit... guess it's lazy to ask for someone smart to spell it out for me, I should probably tear through a bazillion words trying to parse it and come out actually understanding less.

It keeps coming up in the news from time to time, with some very interesting implications.

EDIT: Also, I haven't really checked this forum in ages... can someone please summarize what happened with the mulch kingdom?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on March 31, 2019, 04:48:24 PM
That was an interesting read. Is BMW still around? If so I've read just a tiny smidge about epigenetics and I know for a fact I didn't get much from it, and what I thought I understood was actually horse-shit... guess it's lazy to ask for someone smart to spell it out for me, I should probably tear through a bazillion words trying to parse it and come out actually understanding less.

It keeps coming up in the news from time to time, with some very interesting implications.

EDIT: Also, I haven't really checked this forum in ages... can someone please summarize what happened with the mulch kingdom?

BMW, aka Kai, is around from time to time.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Least Fit Monkey theory reminds me of a rule of the corporate world - that people get promoted to their highest level of incompetence.

They give you an easy job, you can handle it, you get promoted
to a slightly harder job, you can handle it, you get promoted
to a slightly harder job, you can handle it, you get promoted etc etc etc

eventually, you reach a level where you're struggling

because you don't excel at that job, you stop getting promoted and land there forever

Therefore, corporations are loaded up with people that suck ass at their jobs.

Faust

Quote from: Cramulus on April 01, 2019, 03:29:40 PM
Least Fit Monkey theory reminds me of a rule of the corporate world - that people get promoted to their highest level of incompetence.

They give you an easy job, you can handle it, you get promoted
to a slightly harder job, you can handle it, you get promoted etc etc etc

eventually, you reach a level where you're struggling

because you don't excel at that job, you stop getting promoted and land there forever

Therefore, corporations are loaded up with people that suck ass at their jobs.

The Peter principle, I have seen it. But there is a modifier, that sometimes these jobs are hard for anyone to handle and that anyone promoted into it would have a comparable level of incompetence, it's not that people wind up in jobs they suck at, its just that a lot of higher level jobs are sucky.

Faust,
Used to code for a living and enjoyed it, now writes emails and sits in meetings and does not enjoy it
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Fujikoma

I always got stuck at ground-level employee. I mean, I've been handed odd tasks like, "Train this entire team"... but I never got a promotion out of it, nor did I want one.

EDIT: I guess it's like Bruce Lee used to say, a belt is just something to hold your pants up.