News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Parable possibility

Started by LMNO, January 23, 2007, 01:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

This morning, I was in that hypnogogic state, and a concept popped into my head.  It's unclear, but it had to do witha king, a yardstick, and a pun on the word "ruler".

The point that it seemed to be making was "it doesn't matter how good your tools are; you still have to know when and how to use them."

So, I'd like to offer this skeleton of a stepping stone to anyone who wishes to write a parable based around this. 

Jasper

Use wordplay with rulers and kings to illustrate that measure is all the same, and it's important to understand when to measure the way that makes sense.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on January 23, 2007, 01:02:57 PM
This morning, I was in that hypnogogic state, and a concept popped into my head.  It's unclear, but it had to do witha king, a yardstick, and a pun on the word "ruler".

:lol:

http://www.idler.co.uk/archives/?page_id=41

(will give some thought to an actual parable btw)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Wow, those are horrible.  I like.

QuoteSomething along the lines of a musical being written about September 11th - called Osama Time Blues. Perhaps one of the key protagonists could take his problem to the United Nations.