News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

What is this section about (n00bs read this!)

Started by Cain, January 25, 2007, 09:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

by all means, post some stuff!

we've always wanted to have a zillion pamphlets like the BIP, but we're limited in our effort and resources. And have you ever tried to motivate a bunch of Discordians to all do the same thing? It's haaard! The best method is to throw a snowball and hope it turns into an avalanche. If it doesn't work, keep throwing.

And if you make flyers and post them, I highly highly encourage you to take a picture of it, upload it to flickr, and tag it "postergasm".  :mrgreen:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 19, 2008, 02:30:11 PM
Well, part of the idea with the pamphlets, flyers, etc., is to get them to come here.  Many have the pd.com and poee urls on them.  Then, if they are really miscontruing things, we can set them straight.  Besides, in the end, the more people questioning the better.  We don't pretend to know the answers, we just know what questions to ask. 

Or perhaps they will discover that we are misconstruing things, and set US straight.

Hilarity ensues.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Politician168023

I was wondering whether our disagreement is fueled in part by the fact that I don't live in America... I'm a (Czech/)Dutchie.
lol I'm European too, maybe you are on to something ;) j/k
This message is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. I disclaim all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall I be liable for any damages of any kind.

Disclaimer appropriated from Microsoft Corporation.

Thelaughingman421

Quote from: triple zero on February 19, 2008, 03:31:14 PM
Quote from: Thelaughingman421 on February 19, 2008, 02:04:18 PMMultiple texts might cause people to misconstrue the true meaning behind the whole thing, though.

please tell us what this true meaning is you speak of. we shall try to make sure our future writings focus on this exclusively.

No one knows the True meaning.  we're using truth to find Truth....

That sounded alot better in my head than it looks here....
Use in open areas as fumes may be harmful....

TheLastLump

I think the best way to say it is, "Everyone knows truth. truth is what you make of it. However, NOT everyone wants to find Truth.Truth is inconvenient. Truth is depressing. Truth requires work. Truth is 2 c00l ph0r ewe."

We all make our own Gods. We all walk our own way. But none of us save a solemn few have ever tried to show us a better way.
"It's a dog-eat-dog world, Jesus, please holla back..." -The Game

doughboy359: Don't be angry cause you're a heretical pagan, we'll still accept you if you convert. Doughboy, on being a Catholic.

Ari

Quote from: TheLastLump on April 07, 2008, 01:20:27 PM
[...]
We all make our own Gods. We all walk our own way. But none of us save a solemn few have ever tried to show us a better way.

We all are our own Gods. We all want to walk on a way...
A 'better' way can only be found through comparison and applying some rather subjective rating: and as long as you don't have any real idea about the way you are taking into consideration there will be no chance to actually KNOW which one is better... And even similar ways are own ways in their own way, but I sway off. Of course we can give rough estimates and rate different ways filtered through a table of priorities and earlier experiences; t ex survival will always be way up there: with death being rather terminal and all.

Now my head is just drifting off so I will leave it like that. Skål!
パンクビッチ

Janvier

Quote from: Nigel on February 20, 2008, 05:30:37 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 19, 2008, 02:30:11 PM
Well, part of the idea with the pamphlets, flyers, etc., is to get them to come here.  Many have the pd.com and poee urls on them.  Then, if they are really miscontruing things, we can set them straight.  Besides, in the end, the more people questioning the better.  We don't pretend to know the answers, we just know what questions to ask. 

Or perhaps they will discover that we are misconstruing things, and set US straight.

Hilarity ensues.

This.

Which is to say...
PRISON BREAK BITCHES!
THE LUNATICS HAVE TAKEN OVER THE ASYLUM!

AFK

Janvier

AFK

Mourning Star

AFK

Payne

I was just coming back to this thread to post that.

Took me a minute to figure it out.