News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

What is this section about (n00bs read this!)

Started by Cain, January 25, 2007, 09:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Well, that's just, like, your subjective opinion.

:insert 7500 words of blather:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on June 26, 2009, 04:16:49 PM
Well, that's just, like, your subjective opinion.

:insert 7500 words of blather:

EATING TEH MENU, MUCH? 

:hosrie:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

AFK

I haven't posted here much anymore because I don't have any more good ideas to contribute, assuming I ever had any. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cainad (dec.)

I remember when I posted something in here long ago and everyone was like "What the hell this place has been dead for ages wtf r u doin posting in here?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on June 29, 2009, 07:33:26 PM
I remember when I posted something in here long ago and everyone was like "What the hell this place has been dead for ages wtf r u doin posting in here?"

I remember when I posted something in here long ago and everyone (well, 2 people) were like "Get off my ideological toes WTF is wrong with you eat the menu much the map is not the territory jargon jargon chest-beating jargon jargon don't make me think urp hork puke".

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Caliginos Gnosticos

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 28, 2009, 09:52:10 PM

I remember when I posted something in here long ago and everyone (well, 2 people) were like "Get off my ideological toes WTF is wrong with you eat the menu much the map is not the territory jargon jargon chest-beating jargon jargon don't make me think urp hork puke".

I remember when I thought about posting something in here but didn't. It makes for a much less interesting story than either of yours.
I found Eris dancing atop the hill, hair the color of spring rainbows, eyes the color of a hippy commune seen through a kaleidoscope, laughing with a sweet, gentle voice like the sound of bells recorded on a warped record and played back on an over-wound Victrola.
   "My Goddess, why do you laugh?" I asked.
   "Why do you not?" She asked in return.
   "Because life is difficult. The world is not a friendly place." I replied.
   "My poor child. I am your Goddess, and My love for you is without bounds." She giggled "Hear my words and find comfort and wisdom: Laugh in the face of adversity, and I shall laugh with you. Cry in the face of adversity, and I shall laugh at you."
   And I heard Her words and laughed.

The One Right and True Cabal of the Sacred Sock Monkey

Visit The Sock Monkey Cabal Discordian Library

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Caliginos Gnosticos on October 05, 2009, 08:48:37 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 28, 2009, 09:52:10 PM

I remember when I thought about posting something in here but didn't. It makes for a much less interesting story than either of yours.

WAY TO EAT THE MENU!

:lol:

Mourning Star

I remember this one time when a clown...wait, this isn't group therapy? HOW DID YOU PEOPLE GET IN MY TV?

AFK

Caliginos Gnosticos

Quote from: Mourning Star on October 06, 2009, 07:22:09 AM
I remember this one time when a clown...wait, this isn't group therapy? HOW DID YOU PEOPLE GET IN MY TV?

We secretly replaced your TV with Folger's Crystals. We didn't think you'd notice.
I found Eris dancing atop the hill, hair the color of spring rainbows, eyes the color of a hippy commune seen through a kaleidoscope, laughing with a sweet, gentle voice like the sound of bells recorded on a warped record and played back on an over-wound Victrola.
   "My Goddess, why do you laugh?" I asked.
   "Why do you not?" She asked in return.
   "Because life is difficult. The world is not a friendly place." I replied.
   "My poor child. I am your Goddess, and My love for you is without bounds." She giggled "Hear my words and find comfort and wisdom: Laugh in the face of adversity, and I shall laugh with you. Cry in the face of adversity, and I shall laugh at you."
   And I heard Her words and laughed.

The One Right and True Cabal of the Sacred Sock Monkey

Visit The Sock Monkey Cabal Discordian Library

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Caliginos Gnosticos on October 06, 2009, 07:02:09 PM
Quote from: Mourning Star on October 06, 2009, 07:22:09 AM

We secretly replaced your TV with Folger's Crystals. We didn't think you'd notice.

For no reason at all:
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Folgers_Crystals

BadBeast

Quote from: LHX on January 26, 2007, 02:34:38 AM
This is a tough thing to summarize in clear simple terms, but lemme give it a shot.

See if I can shoot some darts here - feel free to edit/refine/critic:

There seems to be a few things that we do here:

- the map is not the territory, but we seek to compile the most effective map to use to navigate the territory

- we investigate obstacles to see whether they are real or illusions

- we investigate the limitations of working as individuals and working as a group

- there seems to be a relationship between freedom and responsibility, so we work to determine what nature of responsibilities a person could possibly have in this context

- we seem to have become comfortable with an approach at discussing new issues that seems to combine Occam's Razor and Maybe Logic
- this approach seems to be effective at getting to the core of any new issues that come up

- we dont claim to 'know' anything 'special', but rather we just seem to have developed a real effective system of deconstructing complex things so that they can be made useful

- the real tie that seems to bind people together here is a burning desire to cut thru the bullshit wherever it may appear
like a anti-bullshit task force

im gonna post this and then re-read it later to see how much of it is bullshit

But none of us are above occasionally using this, the enemy's primary weapon
against him!

edit; (Or at least, I'm not)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1NK85Z_uiU
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Felix

Quote from: R.W.H.N. on January 25, 2007, 09:53:41 PM
Alright, I'm going to approach this from an organizational perspective and leave the philosophy to LMNO and LHX as they are much more adept at describing those things than I am.

The Black Iron Prison was/is an effort to revisit Discordia in written form.  The general consensus, if it can be called that, was that while the original Principia Discordia holds important messages and philosophies, we wondered if some of the humor and language might be dated and lost on a younger generation of Discordians.  Also, we are all egotistical blowhards who like to see our thoughts in print.   :-D

So, we discussed ideas, memes, philosophies, etc., then we all started writing.  The first result was The Black Iron Prison: Discordia Revisited.  Click here to download it and read it if you haven't already.  Plans were made while this first pamphlet was being put together to produce more pamphlets, we even had titles like "Lollercaust" which would have been a more "humorous" effort with more modern humor infused into the writings.  Of course, we all have lives, jobs, etc. so things did stall a bit.  And then came the pd.com crash...

...so during the downtime a new message board was created where we could continue to discuss more ideas, philosophies, memes, definitions, deconstructions, so on and so forth.  When pd.com came back up for good, and was under new management, the effort was moved back here.  (of course the Black Iron Prison Forum crash kind of turned that into a necessity).

And so that is where we are today.  That is the logistics of it.  Again, LMNO and LHX can fill in the philosophical details and other things I'm sure I missed.  Hope this is of some benefit.  I encourage n00bs, lurkers, etc. to download the pamphlet and read it.  Share it with their friends and family.  And then, join the fray!

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but your download is 404.
ooooh, you touch my tralala...
mmmmm... my ding ding dong.

AFK

You can download the revised version here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/25101030/The-Black-Iron-Prison

Dunno if the original exists anymore.  If it does, we really should get it back up on the wiki, even if just for posterity's sake.