News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Flyers, leaflets and other assorted tomfoolery

Started by Cain, January 26, 2007, 01:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

FP, a tip if you're having problems with the contrast in an image and legibility of the text, try this trick. you use the dark colour (in this case black) you'd like to use for the bright areas of the image as a shadow, offsetted 1 or 2 points to the bottom-right (usually), and the bright colour (white in your case) on top of that:

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dimocritus

Quote from: FP on December 16, 2009, 08:03:19 AM

I felt like making something silly, inspired by the evangelism thread - Come, and I accidentally did it in A4 as well.

I dig it. I may hang a few of those today.
Quote from: Triple Zero on December 16, 2009, 03:04:38 PM
FP, a tip if you're having problems with the contrast in an image and legibility of the text, try this trick. you use the dark colour (in this case black) you'd like to use for the bright areas of the image as a shadow, offsetted 1 or 2 points to the bottom-right (usually), and the bright colour (white in your case) on top of that:

I also like this quite a bit. Neat-o!
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Captain Utopia

Thanks guys!

Quote from: Cramulus on December 16, 2009, 02:50:14 PM
alright I printed it out and answered my own question

the answer is:
-yes you can read the tiny text
-the rest of the text didn't show up for some reason
-only 3 of the pope cards showed up printed, and they're cut off. This might just be because this isn't an 8x11 image?

weeeird

anyhow, I dig the poster! Cool logo, too!
Glad to know the tiny text came out. I've fixed the main text to match 000's suggestion - thanks! Do you mind if I borrow that text and upload it as a variant pdf?

I'll upload new versions once I figure a solution to the margin issue.

The US letter version should be the regular 8.5x11 inches, and there is no margin - it's supposed to bleed a little, but I don't know enough about printers to know whether most can actually support that mode of printing.. because the alternative of just scaling it to fit a page and manually guillotining it sounds like more effort than its worth.

I had this idea of doing completely different PD logos for each poster, but if anyone wants to reuse that one, let me know and I'll put it up somewhere - the .svg is only ~12kb.

Dimocritus

Triple Zero

> Do you mind if I borrow that text and upload it as a variant pdf?

was that to me? of course I made the example for you anyway, it's yours, as far as I care :)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Cainad (dec.)

Posting ITT to say that that logo is sweet. The rest of the poster, too.

Dimocritus

Hey,Fiction. Just wanted to let you know that the cabal really enjoyed your poster. I threw a handful of them up yesterday.  :thumb:

Captain Utopia

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

If anyone else wants to post these somewhere, I will record and report any messages I get: http://www.scribd.com/doc/24244617/Lost-Moustache
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dimocritus

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 17, 2009, 10:18:57 PM
If anyone else wants to post these somewhere, I will record and report any messages I get: http://www.scribd.com/doc/24244617/Lost-Moustache

I think I could get some mileage out of that. Semester's just about over, though, so it won't be for a couple of months. I can't wait to hear the messages.  :lulz:

Dimocritus

I was bored, so I made this (hastily,mind you) to hang on windows on the top floors of taller buildings.

Emergency Flood Exit

My sense of humor is a little fucked, is this even as funny as I think it is?

Cramulus

:lulz: that is funny

protip: add the instructions ("hang on windows on the top floors of taller buildings.") into the file's description on scribd, so when people from the net find it they'll know what to do with it.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Cramulus on February 17, 2010, 02:47:34 PM

protip: add the instructions ("hang on windows on the top floors of taller buildings.") into the file's description on scribd, so when people from the net find it they'll know what to do with it.

Cool beans. Will do.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cramulus on February 17, 2010, 02:47:34 PM

protip: add the instructions ("hang on windows on the top floors of taller buildings.") i

I was reading these as instructions on what to do in case of flood, at first :lol: