News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

Rant 110: 3-Headed Mind Pollution

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, August 19, 2005, 10:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: VerthaineUnfortunately,some of the people here are important to discordianism the way an asshole is essential to digestion. What they spew out may be good for the flowers,but goddess,it sure does stink to Limbo.
I really wonder how they can go through life being the Sphincter of Eris.
Doesn't it kind of affect their psyche adversely knowing that everything that comes out of them is pure shit.
You would think.  You're my hero that you can keep your cool and sound so cool about everything all the time and not get dragged into the shit slinging.  Maybe someday I'll be more like you :wink:

Donkeyotay

I doubt it since he's a big black brother and you are a white chic :twisted:

Quote from: DonkeyotayI doubt it since he's a big black brother and you are a white chic :twisted:
Actually, I think we are both part Native American.  I may have more genetic similarity to him  than I do to you :roll:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy
Quote from: DonkeyotayI doubt it since he's a big black brother and you are a white chic :twisted:
Actually, I think we are both part Native American.  I may have more genetic similarity to him  than I do to you :roll:

The return of the Cherohonkey. :roll:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: VerthaineUnfortunately,some of the people here are important to discordianism the way an asshole is essential to digestion. What they spew out may be good for the flowers,but goddess,it sure does stink to Limbo.
I really wonder how they can go through life being the Sphincter of Eris.
Doesn't it kind of affect their psyche adversely knowing that everything that comes out of them is pure shit.

You get used to the smell, after a decade or two.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

That would be ChippeScotIriGermFrenDutcCanadian :roll: We've gone over this before.

agent compassion

Quote from: HughThree-headed mind pollution is everywhere. Many people will tell you that this world, or society, or the "system," is wrong, corrupt, and/or evil...a machine that must be smashed. But that is nothing more than Fundamentalism talking.

Yep.

I've seen that up close. So many of my friends who talk about "the machine" or "the system" and while the criticisms are valid, they have no idea what the system would be replaced with that could work any better....they just bitch, and assume that if everyone did it THEIR way, that we'd magically get along.

These are hippies, these are granola-heads, conflict resolution students, worshippers of the consensus paradigm...and COMPLETELY INCAPABLE OF GETTING THEIR SHIT TOGETHER.

Yeah, I'd love to see THEM run the show for a day. We'd still fall apart, just differently.

Yeah, that turned into a rant against passive granola-ism, I know. But substitute any genre, any belief system, and the result's the same - people who have a laundry list of complaints about how things SHOULDN'T be done, and no substantive offering as to how it SHOULD be done, or even COULD be.

:roll:

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Donkeyotay

Quote from: agent compassion
Quote from: HughThree-headed mind pollution is everywhere. Many people will tell you that this world, or society, or the "system," is wrong, corrupt, and/or evil...a machine that must be smashed. But that is nothing more than Fundamentalism talking.

Yep.

I've seen that up close. So many of my friends who talk about "the machine" or "the system" and while the criticisms are valid, they have no idea what the system would be replaced with that could work any better....they just bitch, and assume that if everyone did it THEIR way, that we'd magically get along.

These are hippies, these are granola-heads, conflict resolution students, worshippers of the consensus paradigm...and COMPLETELY INCAPABLE OF GETTING THEIR SHIT TOGETHER.

Yeah, I'd love to see THEM run the show for a day. We'd still fall apart, just differently.

Yeah, that turned into a rant against passive granola-ism, I know. But substitute any genre, any belief system, and the result's the same - people who have a laundry list of complaints about how things SHOULDN'T be done, and no substantive offering as to how it SHOULD be done, or even COULD be.

:roll:

Welll..i do agree that Consensus resolution would not work well on a large scale but, I have seen it work in action..albeit not smoothly, but what ever does work completely smoothl?..One key ingredient is self-motivated people and cooperation..It has worked pretty well for the Rainbow Gatherings, which is at most 30,000 or so people, give or take a few thousand...With people who have a sense of responsibility and, some motivation, and the desire to take part in community and help others, a lot can happen..Of course there are always gonna be bliss-ninnys and vampires but, I have always gotten more out of the experience taking part, even if its in a small way like helping dig a shitter or going on a few water runs...But, until everyone on Earth reaches that certain level of conscious enlightenment and can function peacefully and responsibly...It will definitely never work...So we either got a long long long looooonnnnnnnngggg way to go or we are just DOOMED :shock:  :twisted:

agent compassion

Yeah, I mean, I've seen CR principles in action as well Donk, I know they work when applied correctly, and some people are just good hard workers and/or strong leaders even if they have granola-esque tendencies(myself included, I may be all peace love and understanding but I can also put a boot in a lazy ass when necessary) but mainly it's the whole subsect of "Fight the power, man!" burnouts who think that eating the odd organic apple and smoking tons of pot is the way to somehow "rebel"....well, whatever! Doesn't mean spit how long you can hold that hit if the garden never gets planted, or the bad guy gets re-elected, now DOES it?

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: agent compassion

Yep.

I've seen that up close. So many of my friends who talk about "the machine" or "the system" and while the criticisms are valid, they have no idea what the system would be replaced with that could work any better....

1.  I always figured Hugh for a statist.

2.  Who said anything about making things BETTER?

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Verthaine
Goddess forbid discordianism ever becomes relevent.

Awomen!

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
You're yelling into the void, Verthaine.

Hugh is trying to use his mod & admin status to make himself some kind "authority" in the Discordian paradigm.

Well, let him try.  Authority figures = targets, IMO.

Hehhehehe! That's the funniest shit you have said yet. And ironic for you to say.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
1.  I always figured Hugh for a statist.
2.  Who said anything about making things BETTER?

You must be outta your Bobdamned mind.

East Coast Hustle

statism is statism, regardless of whether or not it's cloaked in some pseudo-antiautoritarianism or garnished with a dash of irony.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: East Coast Hustlestatism is statism, regardless of whether or not it's cloaked in some pseudo-antiautoritarianism or garnished with a dash of irony.

8)

Or whether it's cloaked in some pseudo-revolutionary "smash the thing" rhetoric.

But he still must be outta his goddamned mind.

East Coast Hustle

we're not talking about me, we're talking about YUO. I've never said that I thought states were a bad idea, just that I'm not sure that I care for the way they're being run right now.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"