Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

Rant 110: 3-Headed Mind Pollution

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, August 19, 2005, 10:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

:lol:

Hugh has acted to preserve a thread.

Until now, this has been noticably lacking.

OTOH, this was his thread...:lol:

Worst.  Mod.  EVAR.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

8)

Thank you thank you.

Now move along folks.

Don't mind them bodies. They'll pass.

EdIT: Re-merged, for clarity and raging goodness.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSC8)

Thank you thank you.

Now move along folks.

Don't mind them bodies. They'll pass.

True.  But there are always more where they came from.

TGRR,
Is emulating his hero Hugh, in the quest to promote serious writing on this forum.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSC on August 24, 2005, 10:01:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
I thought you were all my fwends!

Just tripped across this.

This, right there, was the moment that I stopped being friends with Hugh.  We'd had trouble before this, of course, but that was the moment at which he decided that my friendship was a subject for mockery.

I don't miss that son of a bitch even a bit.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2016, 05:08:32 PM
Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSC on August 24, 2005, 10:01:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
I thought you were all my fwends!

Just tripped across this.

This, right there, was the moment that I stopped being friends with Hugh.  We'd had trouble before this, of course, but that was the moment at which he decided that my friendship was a subject for mockery.

I don't miss that son of a bitch even a bit.

I was not too convinced of his character after the OP. Concept was pretty good and all. Writing was fair. What stuck in my craw was the bit at the end slightly demeaning the reader and suggesting that the rest of the "cure" shit and symptomology or whatever was hidden in the post and (of course) the reader was too dim to have caught it. I got the distinct impression that he just didn't want to develop it and was being a twat hoping to draw work out of the readers. Thread confirms shittyness in several instances. Pretty sure he was the sort to take ideas in this way and... "rebrand" them to take credit.

Are my impressions far off?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman