News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

BIP lyrics audio prototype part 1

Started by LHX, January 29, 2007, 03:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Same principle as the cassete deck, you just need a 1/4" -> 1/8" cable to go from the amplifier to the audio input.

The Littlest Ubermensch

Quote from: triple zero on January 31, 2007, 03:52:00 PM
i nominate "pseudo wu-tang" for word of the day :-)

how do you do this cutting and re-arranging? sounds like a LOT of work or are there good tools for it?

you use soundforge or something?

I use Acid (which works in pretty much the exact same way as Soundforge), and it's pretty good for chopping and editing (though it takes a hella long time to get it right.)
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

LMNO

If it helps, the human ear can't really distinguish any difference below 10ms.

The Littlest Ubermensch

Quote from: LMNO on January 31, 2007, 03:44:02 PM
yup.  I couldn't work out exactly what the BPM was, so I cut it up & arranged it so that a stressed word landed on a down, or back, beat.

*loves that idea*
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

LMNO

It helps that LHX has a pretty loose & languid flow to begin with.

Triple Zero

*really curious as to how it will turn out*
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Are you paying attention?

Check the "propoganda" baby section in "O:M".

Triple Zero

i just logged on, heading there right now :-)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

LMNO

Before you say anything, yes, the vocals are too loud.

Triple Zero

IT'S FUCKING AWESOME MAN

you DO love you the reverb don't you? ;-)

i don't think the vocals are too loud, i'd cut a bit on the reverb cause it makes the words hard to distinguish -- for me at least. (and since i'm a littlebit deaf when there's background noise, it annoys me)

love the way you made the intro text sound like a jamaican ragga voice somehow btw :-)

LMNO

Reverb = imperfection corrector.

But yeah, it's a bit heavy handed.

I was thinking of the way the beastie boys sounded on almost the entirety of "Ill Communication" and "Hello Nasty", all distorted and delayed.

Essentially, that's the pure vox through an amp emulator, with a little distortion, some reverb, and echo.

AFK

I didn't think it was that bad, though I didn't turn it up too much not wanting to attract unwanted attention.  And I didn't have the commitment to go through the 12 minutes of Mang's thing but I'll check it out at home tonite. 

I also checked out a couple of Empties tunes.  good stuff.   
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Heh.  I do what I say.  Sometimes.

(Ripping off Silly, ITT>)

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on February 01, 2007, 07:31:12 PMvocoder = imperfection corrector.

fix'd ;-)

you can wet/dry mix a vocoder as well, you know that, just to not make it sounds totally robotic.

QuoteI was thinking of the way the beastie boys sounded on almost the entirety of "Ill Communication" and "Hello Nasty", all distorted and delayed.

Essentially, that's the pure vox through an amp emulator, with a little distortion, some reverb, and echo.

it's the echo that makes it hard to distinguish (i guess -- have to try it out to make sure of course) cause you get delayed syllables getting in the way of eachother... i think.

i coded a vocoder once. it sucked.

i made a VST effect once, it was pretty cool, a combination of a bitcrusher, waveshaper and lowpass.

the problem with me coding audio effects is that i never get anywhere because as soon as something cool comes out, i can play for hours tweaking the parameters and enjoying all the squeaky/noisy/bassy/plain weird/ringmodulated goodness :)

that, and my knowledge is mosly limited to a theoretical understanding of DSP, and i either don't have the experience (never played an instrument unfortuantely) or perhaps the talent to make a decent tune.
drums, i could kind of make those.

this is the only "song" i made once: http://download.yousendit.com/F5D853146C08E037 (hope your winamp can play .ogg files?)
it's programmed into about 1200 bytes (!) of assembly code. all squeeks bleeps and crushing noises were handcrafted from scratch by yours truly. the notes (chord?) from which i put together the "melody" were suggested by a friend.

if you think this is interesting, i've got a few more projects, which were "random music generators" (something, despite my lack of musical knowledge, which has always interested me, the algorithmic generation of music .. some of the random tracks it generates are actually better than the one i linked above hahaha)

LMNO

You sound like a perfect candidate for Cubase.