News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

underdeveloped BIP thought echo

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, February 05, 2007, 04:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

you ever notice how (some) people go kinda weird when the power goes out?  no lights.. no TV.. no radio.. no interwebs..

some people act like they're more vulnerable when there's no electricity spinning their gadgets around and distracting them from whatever it is they don't want to think about.

children, unless they've been conditioned, tend to like it when the power goes out.  it's exciting.

i've always liked it when the power would go out.  it's better than just turning everything off and enjoying the silence (which is good too).  but when whole city blocks go dark, you even get a break from that constant electrical hum you're always hearing but usually tune out.

there's no point here, just an observation.  the Machine is definitely powered by electricity, and also by midgets.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

AFK

much troofpaste ITT, very minty.

We are a slave race, now, to the almighty electricity and the technology it fuels.  Many would go into shock if we were to lose it.  Of course, there are the unsavory issues of places like hospitals losing electricity and the literal loss of life that would occur if it were to be lost for good.  And also, candlelight dinners may lose its novelty after the first 2 or 3 nights. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

I find it quite bearable, except for the hot water issue.  Hot showers and coffee are signs of civilization.

LMNO

Candles, red wine, moonlight, and the company of my wife... Plenty of ways to spend time & have fun... and to keep warm, knowhatimean?

DJRubberducky

Damn it!  I never find these threads when I'm at home and can pull out the book that has the passage I want to quote.

In one of my favorites, the main character mentions how some schizophrenics feel like they have to plug into a machine and receive orders from it, and then he thinks about rock concerts and how all the audience is metaphorically plugged in to the band, and the band's instruments are all literally plugged into the wire, and all this fever of excitement depends on one big wire from the power company.  "Who says schizophrenics are crazy?"
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

B_M_W

The only thing that bothers me when the power goes out is the loss of the internets.

I can handle the other issues, but the internet is very primary in my social life.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A