News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

State of a Union(?)

Started by hunter s.durden, February 06, 2007, 06:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

holy shit.

that was fucking great.

I'd like your permission to take this and tweak it just a bit (just the verbage, not the content) to maximize it's potential to reach my target demographic, which is poverty-ridden ghetto kids who don't speak conventional english. you mind?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Thurnez Isa

personally hunter
i think it need a "good bless america" at the end
:lol:
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

hunter s.durden

Feel free to change whatever you need to for maximum effect.

If it wakes someone out of their fashion serving, "I'm so edgy and cool for bucking the system, that I don't have to consider what a douchebag I am for simply succumbing to another system set of standards," then add or subtract whatever.

It's more of an idea than a piece.
This space for rent.

Sepia

Exceptionally written hate-ridden poetry. It's very good "beachhead piece" as my old english professor would say about pieces of literature one could use to breach other peoples predispositions about writers/styles they'd heard a lot about and and made their mind not to. Excellent.
Everyone will always be too late

Triple Zero

great rant!

that's what i like so much about this forum. and by forum, i didnt mean "discordianism" (cause really the 23s and pineal fnords are the green hair and spikes of discordianism, and except for perhaps some vague reference to the aneristic principle from time to time, we've left most of it far far far behind).
the way we keep cutting and hacking away at the bullshit, often just a little poke, sometimes a good bashing around the ears and once in a while a fullblown yihad.
so these things hurt once in a while, and i have found myself often disagreeing on the spot when it happens, only to realize later that it was indeed For Great Justice.
and we need to cut hard and weed it out, cause the machine grows everywhere, shit creeps in from every unattended shadow. pillars of foundations must be crushed when they become bars of the prison.
fortunately, we seem to grow new ideas at a much faster rate than it grows dullness of mind, so by disagreeing, vehemently crushing any idea that seems too settled in, anything we can get a good whack at, we may just end up ahead in this race (and have some lulz in the mean time). 
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

I feel like recording this, and just yelling the whole thing at the top of my lungs.

Neighbors would prolly call the police, though.

Verbal Mike

Excellent rant. :mittens:

This is going into BIP v3.2.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Raphaella

This is a great piece!! I was just writing something similar only addressed to myself, an exercise in breaking my own prison bars, so to speak. It's all to easy to get caught up in bitching and whining about change, and making excuses as to why you can seem to get your shit together and effect change for your self.

The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

wade

Bravo.
As a matter of fact, I have been feeling this as of late.   
I totally agree that this is the state of the union...
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

BootyBay

Good point(s).  I have to agree with you.  Only one thing is forgotten: that people will work for change if you make them (usually). Examples: the Civil Rights movement (MLK had plenty of fellow "activists" in that they talked about it.  He ,and others, had to make them actually do it), the Sexual Revolution, the New Deal (despite its flaws, it's chief success was giving people civic duty), the November Revolution (in Russia), the Conspiracy Theorists (in the here and now), and the American Revolution.  These things didn't just come about magically.  They were inspired by a few key "players" (like Thomas Paine or V.I. Lenin).  Getting fed up is only human, though.  I've been there myself (I'm actually almost always fed up! ;)
There are two kinds of people in this world.. Winners and losers.. I think we know which kind you are.