News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

the illegitimate son of convention

Started by AFK, February 12, 2007, 04:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

New song on MySpace page.  (or it will be in a few minutes)

It's called "rings"

www.myspace.com/theillegitimatesonofconvention

thanks for listening.   
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

the dreadful hours

AFK

New tune up on the MySpace page.  Called "the ridge"  (no, nothing to do with Tom Ridge) 

A 3 minute ditty composed and performed on Appalachian Dulcimer.  Enjoy.

www.myspace.com/theillegitimatesonofconvention

Roo

I really enjoyed "rings" and "the ridge"...got "the nose" on now, and it's ok...except for that weird little skip in the beat. it's almost like watching a toddler walk. toddle, toddle, toddle...whoops. toddle, toddle, toddle...whoops. :wink:

AFK

Heh, yeah I thought it could be annoying for some, which is why I put it in there.   :D

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I really like "Rings". I've listened to it maybe 3 times now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Another new track is up at www.myspace.com/theillegitimatesonofconvention

The track is called "the uncertain scout".  It is mostly instrumental though there are some snippets of spoken word.  There are 3 meme-bombs included in the piece.  In order they are from Silly, The Dreadful Hours, RWHN, and LHX. 

The music is somewhat inspired by Sonic Youth vis-a-vis the unconventional/dis-chordant tunings of the instruments used.  (which by the way are dulcimer, ukulele, and melodica.) 

enjoy. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Deliciously post-apocalyptic mouthfeel.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Thanks, I'm really happy about how this one came out.  I also like my voice much more when it doesn't sound like my voice. 

AFK

It's been awhile but here is a new TISC track.  It's called "do you know?"

It is a little long, but please give it a listen anyway.  I think you might like it.  It has some BIP-themed lyrics.  Also the distortion/feedback freak-out at about 10:00 is dedicated to Cram.   :wink:

Here's the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GCPVFU3D

Let me know what you think.

Cainad (dec.)

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR USERNAME?

Also, yuo broke teh link.

AFK

Cainad (dec.)

:lulz:

ETA: 3 and a half minutes into it and I'm liking it quite a bit.

AFK

Only 17 more to go.   :D

I know that sounds overwhelming, but it really goes by fast.  At least it did for me when I was recording it. 

Cainad (dec.)

If I can listen to Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant Massacree," I can listen to this.