News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

the illegitimate son of convention

Started by AFK, February 12, 2007, 04:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

New song on MySpace page.  (or it will be in a few minutes)

It's called "rings"

www.myspace.com/theillegitimatesonofconvention

thanks for listening.   
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

the dreadful hours

AFK

New tune up on the MySpace page.  Called "the ridge"  (no, nothing to do with Tom Ridge) 

A 3 minute ditty composed and performed on Appalachian Dulcimer.  Enjoy.

www.myspace.com/theillegitimatesonofconvention

Roo

I really enjoyed "rings" and "the ridge"...got "the nose" on now, and it's ok...except for that weird little skip in the beat. it's almost like watching a toddler walk. toddle, toddle, toddle...whoops. toddle, toddle, toddle...whoops. :wink:

AFK

Heh, yeah I thought it could be annoying for some, which is why I put it in there.   :D

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I really like "Rings". I've listened to it maybe 3 times now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Another new track is up at www.myspace.com/theillegitimatesonofconvention

The track is called "the uncertain scout".  It is mostly instrumental though there are some snippets of spoken word.  There are 3 meme-bombs included in the piece.  In order they are from Silly, The Dreadful Hours, RWHN, and LHX. 

The music is somewhat inspired by Sonic Youth vis-a-vis the unconventional/dis-chordant tunings of the instruments used.  (which by the way are dulcimer, ukulele, and melodica.) 

enjoy. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Deliciously post-apocalyptic mouthfeel.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Thanks, I'm really happy about how this one came out.  I also like my voice much more when it doesn't sound like my voice. 

AFK

It's been awhile but here is a new TISC track.  It's called "do you know?"

It is a little long, but please give it a listen anyway.  I think you might like it.  It has some BIP-themed lyrics.  Also the distortion/feedback freak-out at about 10:00 is dedicated to Cram.   :wink:

Here's the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GCPVFU3D

Let me know what you think.

Cainad (dec.)

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR USERNAME?

Also, yuo broke teh link.

AFK

Cainad (dec.)

:lulz:

ETA: 3 and a half minutes into it and I'm liking it quite a bit.

AFK

Only 17 more to go.   :D

I know that sounds overwhelming, but it really goes by fast.  At least it did for me when I was recording it. 

Cainad (dec.)

If I can listen to Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant Massacree," I can listen to this.