News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

the illegitimate son of convention

Started by AFK, February 12, 2007, 04:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Man, I should make that into a T-Shirt:

The Illegitimate Son of Convention.

Would you rather be listening to Arlo? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on July 28, 2008, 06:59:26 PM
Man, I should make that into a T-Shirt:

The Illegitimate Son of Convention.

It's either this, or "In A Gadda Da Vida".

AFK

:lulz:

I have a difficult time writing songs that don't go into the double-digit minute mark. 

AFK

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on July 28, 2008, 01:50:14 AM
It's been awhile but here is a new TISC track.  It's called "do you know?"

It is a little long, but please give it a listen anyway.  I think you might like it.  It has some BIP-themed lyrics.  Also the distortion/feedback freak-out at about 10:00 is dedicated to Cram.   :wink:

Here's the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GCPVFU3D

Let me know what you think.

Quote bump to make the link easier to find. 

AFK

Hey, hey, hey, I've gotta new track.  It's called "glurp".  Not sure why, something I recorded a while ago that I just got around to mixing and encoding.  Some weird instrumental thing featuring slightly distorted dulcimer, drum-n-bass, some synth stuff, and some ambient noises.  Check it out.  www.myspace.com/theillegitimatesonofconvention

Payne

I'm really liking the texture of the sound in that, WHN. It's odd, but listenable.

Glurp is really the perfect name for it.

AFK

Payne

I'd give you a more in depth critique than that, but my musical analysis usually comes down to LIKE/DISLIKE.

See my review of St. Syns music for an example of what happens when I try harder than that...

Jenne

See now, Payne, I just TODAY made a suggestion you put that to recording or something because that was some FINE critiquing you did there.

Well, *I* enjoyed it, anyway.

AFK

just recorded a new song today: echoes

You know the drill, go to: www.myspace.com/theillegitimatesonofconvention

I spent the better part of 8 hours putting this one together.  It features dulcimer, melodica, a little trumpet, a little shaker action, and some spoken word.  Hope you like it.  Great listening for an autumn day.  In other words, it's a little dreary in places. 

ETA:  bleh, I had to re-load it because there was some weird clipping.  Should work now. 

Cramulus

I like it. Very relaxing. Good background music for working this morning.

AFK

AFK

Well, I had decided to shelve TISC while I worked on my kids music, but, I was plucking the ukelele the other day and I came up with this little line that has been stuck in my head ever since.  I had to record it to get it out of my system.  So, you get to enjoy this new tune which I call "fleeting whispers".  I did it in one take and other than the aforementioned line, the rest of it was composed in the moment.  The song consists mainly of ukelele but has a bit of harmonica at the end and, another bonus sound/noise.  Let me know what you think.  As always, go to www.myspace.com/theillegitimatesonofconvention  It will be the first track you hear. 

I also put "the flying donkey honky tonk" back up.  I had a lot of acoustic/mellow stuff on the site, I had to throw up something that had a bit more electricity to it.   

the last yatto

SOMEONES PRINTING THIS PAGE, MAYBES ITS A RECORD PRODUCER
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.