News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

Fleshing out Occult - refinement of diagrams

Started by LHX, February 15, 2007, 04:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

here is a refinement of the diagrams from yesterday

included are a attempt at making a connection between 'physical universe' and LMNO's proposal of 'shared input source'
---> and then a attempt at trying to connect that observation to what 'occult' is, where it is derived from, and what it can be used for

also included are 000's observations about possible 'reality' / input situations
- from where i am sitting right now, i see all 3 as being possible, the third being the least likely, and im a little bit torn between the first 2 right now

they both seem pretty reasonable

either way - pull up a barstool and throw some feedback

and

original diagrams:
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=11620.0
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=11627.0
neat hell

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

LMNO

On the matter of "occult" knowledge:

It would seem to me that this would merely be another way to shape your cell, but it's one that takes a long time to do (yoga, q'bala), or views society in a radically different way that the majority of society (thelemites, et al)*.

I'd say that these ideas are not automatically translatable between each other.  Just because you're able to see the universe a bit differently than other people doesn't mean you've revealed truth, or can see the universe "more clearly".

*Please note I'm referring to those who get deeply, truly into it, not the fakers/posers.

LHX

hmmm

the same tool can be used to spring a jailbreak - or re-enforce the walls...?
neat hell

LMNO

Quote from: LHX on February 15, 2007, 04:20:17 PM
hmmm

Exactly.

Look at any system of occult knowledge.  You have a small handful of people who get into it heavy, and figure out a few things that not too many people know.

Then you have a large amount of people that isn't really affected by what they learned at all.

Finally, you have a handful of people who constrict themselves tightly with the knowledge, and trap themselves even further.

Bell curve, ftw.

LHX

Quote from: LMNO on February 15, 2007, 04:24:49 PM
Quote from: LHX on February 15, 2007, 04:20:17 PM
hmmm

Exactly.

Look at any system of occult knowledge.  You have a small handful of people who get into it heavy, and figure out a few things that not too many people know.

Then you have a large amount of people that isn't really affected by what they learned at all.

Finally, you have a handful of people who constrict themselves tightly with the knowledge, and trap themselves even further.

Bell curve, ftw.

beautiful

your words blossom into images in my head

refinement refinement refinement

(and 000 just happened to mention a online-graphing program the other day, didnt he?)

back to the drawing board
neat hell

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: LMNO on February 15, 2007, 04:16:45 PM

It would seem to me that this would merely be another way to shape your cell, but it's one that takes a long time to do (yoga, q'bala), or views society in a radically different way that the majority of society (thelemites, et al)*.

*Please note I'm referring to those who get deeply, truly into it, not the fakers/posers.

Wrong.

It may only take a few weeks or a few months to set it all off.

You don't have to pause and acclimatize every time you get to another level, but it does make things more comfortable and less risky.

Netaungrot,
faker/poser
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Quote from: LHX on February 15, 2007, 04:07:29 PM
here is a refinement of the diagrams from yesterday

included are a attempt at making a connection between 'physical universe' and LMNO's proposal of 'shared input source'
---> and then a attempt at trying to connect that observation to what 'occult' is, where it is derived from, and what it can be used for

also included are 000's observations about possible 'reality' / input situations
- from where i am sitting right now, i see all 3 as being possible, the third being the least likely, and im a little bit torn between the first 2 right now

they both seem pretty reasonable

either way - pull up a barstool and throw some feedback

and

original diagrams:
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=11620.0
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=11627.0

:mittens:

Now what to do with these models?  What can they help facilitate?

LMNO

Quote from: Netaungrot on February 15, 2007, 05:54:27 PM
Quote from: LMNO on February 15, 2007, 04:16:45 PM

Wrong.

It may only take a few weeks or a few months to set it all off.

You don't have to pause and acclimatize every time you get to another level, but it does make things more comfortable and less risky.

Netaungrot,
faker/poser

You're saying that if you practice yoga, all it takes is a few stretches, maybe some breathing excercizes, and bam! in a week you attain satori?

I call bullshit.

However more unlikely than the timeframe I suggested, that's all it might take for someone to make profound connections.

Trying to proclaim otherwise assumes knowledge you cannot have.

LMNO

Fine.  I concede that somewhere, somewhen, there is (are) an adept that doesn't need the discipline and concentration that the rest of humanity seems to need to experience some sort of experience that is approximated by the word "enlightenment".

It still sounds like a guy who claims he reached Nirvana after reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Of course yoga and q'bala are the only avenues available for developing discipline and concentration.

:roll:

By doing much more unacceptable things in your eyes LMNO, people have attained "ooglyboogly."

LMNO

Dude, that was an example.

You're reading too much into my posts.

There are plenty of types of occult knowledge.

However, what did you have in mind as a "short-form" way to enlightenment?  Because that would come in very handy.

Mangrove

(side note: Hui Neng, the 6th patriarch of Zen Buddhism was an illiterate woodcutter who apparently attained enlightenment when he heard a monk teach from the Diamond Sutra.

However, if the story is even true, it represents the thin end of the wedge.)

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

And then there's always Paul, on the road to Damascus.

However, I think it would be much safer to say that this is really hard work, and not to assume that one might be .00001% of the world's population.