News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

The BIP applied to policy decision making

Started by Cain, March 06, 2007, 09:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangrove

foxes & hedgehogs on the cover? interesting. i was reading about that today on a completely unrelated topic.

hmmmm.....coincidence. [drool]
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

Reference to Isiah Berlin.  Hedgehogs are powerful but single minded intellects - they usually succeed in whatever field they chose, but tend to stretch their theories to explain everything.  Foxs on the other hand, know a little bit about everything and so are willing to use compromise and ad hoc inventions to stay ahead in a rapidly changing world.

Apparently.

rygD

I keep seeing "antiwar" in links you are posting.  Why is that, fucking hippie fuck?
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

Cain

Actually, I find these things via Stumble.  Fucking hippies keep rating shit and passing it on.  :D

rygD

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mangrove

Quote from: Cain on March 06, 2007, 11:43:25 PM
Reference to Isiah Berlin.  Hedgehogs are powerful but single minded intellects - they usually succeed in whatever field they chose, but tend to stretch their theories to explain everything.  Foxs on the other hand, know a little bit about everything and so are willing to use compromise and ad hoc inventions to stay ahead in a rapidly changing world.

Apparently.

thanks, cain  :D
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

rygD

Sorry, 000.  I should have thought to do that.  I have pretty much quit using google as 9/10 of the time what I search for brings up a wikipedia page.  Or many of them, as is the case when I was trying to find my old high school.  2 or 3 pages of results, all on wikipedia.