News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Fleshing out Occult - refinement of diagrams

Started by LHX, February 15, 2007, 04:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Howl

Quote from: LHX on February 15, 2007, 10:53:41 PM
when i fix the flux capacitor on my delorean, ill go back in time and ask around

It's okay if you run.

This wouldn't be the first time a threatened primate threw feces, to paraphase some dead guy.
GET IT OFF ME!

LHX

are you gonna expect me to believe a historical claim that you type on teh intranet?

i wont throw anything

im also not gonna pretend like a obscure historical fact has validity

at least not in 2007
neat hell

Doc Howl

Quote from: LHX on February 15, 2007, 11:03:32 PM
are you gonna expect me to believe a historical claim that you type on teh intranet?

i wont throw anything

im also not gonna pretend like a obscure historical fact has validity

at least not in 2007

Easy.  Hit google, and look for yourself.  Weapons were our first real tools.

And you can pretend anything you like...such as the fact that burying your head in the sand will make inconvenient facts go away.
GET IT OFF ME!

LHX

the inconvenient fact is that there is no point of reference

where does google get his information from?

people?
experts?

there is a lot of 'convenient' websites that can provide a lot of 'convenient' facts

some people think dinosaurs didnt happen
and google has websites to prove it

EDIT:
WITH expert testimony
neat hell

B_M_W

Quote from: Doc Howl on February 15, 2007, 10:51:55 PM
Quote from: LHX on February 15, 2007, 10:49:27 PM
ill bet my nutsack and my Wu-Tang Forever CD

and my construction boots

and whatever else i got

Okay.  Which is older:  The first known stone axe (weapon), or the first known stone adze (tool)?

Adze, axe, scraper, knife, atlatl point. Whatever. Those people had to survive and they used them for that purpose: survival. A tool is a tool. Someone will likely find a different purpose for them later, but history shows their origins out of utility for survival.

Now, I'll agree with you that divination in use to predict the future is complete bullshit. Through and through. And if thats all there was to it, then we might as well throw it away. However, theres a second use (which was already stated): to open our minds to new connections and possibilities. It took years of proding by Mang, LHX, LMNO and all to realize that.

Also, tools on their own are neither bad nor good. They have no teleos, therefore they have no moral alignment (no mater what D&D has taught you).

What use a tool is, thats up to the weilder.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Doc Howl

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on February 16, 2007, 01:19:25 AM

and whatever else i got

Okay.  Which is older:  The first known stone axe (weapon), or the first known stone adze (tool)?

Adze, axe, scraper, knife, atlatl point. Whatever. Those people had to survive and they used them for that purpose: survival. A tool is a tool. Someone will likely find a different purpose for them later, but history shows their origins out of utility for survival.

Now, I'll agree with you that divination in use to predict the future is complete bullshit. Through and through. And if thats all there was to it, then we might as well throw it away. However, theres a second use (which was already stated): to open our minds to new connections and possibilities. It took years of proding by Mang, LHX, LMNO and all to realize that.

Also, tools on their own are neither bad nor good. They have no teleos, therefore they have no moral alignment (no mater what D&D has taught you).

Never mind.  Apparently, I have stumbled across a nest of those who believe that science is no different than "any other religion".  I see no reason to advance my point.  Instead, I shall allow you all to continue your search for the perfect occult theory.
GET IT OFF ME!

B_M_W

Quote from: Doc Howl on February 16, 2007, 01:42:26 AM
Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on February 16, 2007, 01:19:25 AM

and whatever else i got

Never mind.  Apparently, I have stumbled across a nest of those who believe that science is no different than "any other religion".  I see no reason to advance my point.  Instead, I shall allow you all to continue your search for the perfect occult theory.

WTF?

Did you just suggest that I see my own life work as nothing more than religion?

X, did he really say that?

Im finding I like this person less and less.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

Doc Howl

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on February 16, 2007, 01:48:44 AM

WTF?

Well, LHX was busy telling me how science was not an adequate way of looking at the world, and you came along to support his argument.

And I honestly don't give a fuck if you like me.  I prefer to hang out with rational people, not primitives who go looking for auspices in I-Ching sets or bulls' entrails...or feel the need to indulge in cheap shit like the D&D comment above.  Sorry about that.

GET IT OFF ME!

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Doc Howl on February 15, 2007, 11:06:28 PM

heard that quite a bit too
but I cant remember what from
we're not really good at defending ourselves without tools
and before the end of the ice age the world was a pretty dangerious place
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Doc Howl

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on February 16, 2007, 01:57:10 AM
Quote from: Doc Howl on February 15, 2007, 11:06:28 PM

heard that quite a bit too
but I cant remember what from
we're not really good at defending ourselves without tools
and before the end of the ice age the world was a pretty dangerious place

Apparently, we were making adzes first, and we never used weapions as weapons.  Monkeys are just that way, I guess. *snicker*
GET IT OFF ME!

B_M_W

Quote from: Doc Howl on February 16, 2007, 01:51:41 AM
Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on February 16, 2007, 01:48:44 AM

WTF?

Well, LHX was busy telling me how science was not an adequate way of looking at the world, and you came along to support his argument.

And I honestly don't give a fuck if you like me.  I prefer to hang out with rational people, not primitives who go looking for auspices in I-Ching sets or bulls' entrails...or feel the need to indulge in cheap shit like the D&D comment above.  Sorry about that.

No, he was telling you that science doesn't have all the answers. And it doesn't.

Seriously, if you used science for morality, it would be NAZI Germany all over again. The idea of Eugenics is a scientifically sound one, yet morally its about as out there as you can get.

On the other hand, if you take the above sarcastic D&D comment as seriously as I think you do, you prolly wouldn't fit in here anyway.

And about the I-Ching and entrail divination. LHX a half a year back actually debunked astrology by showing the process by which these "mystics" go about calculating it (unfortunatly lost it when the Discordian Network went down) I personally have written an essay on how totally full of shit intelligent design creationism is, which is layed out in a logical and cohesive manner. As for the SSKOOON stuff, its partially a satire, and partially a mind excercise.l

Doc Howl

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on February 16, 2007, 02:10:42 AM
No, he was telling you that science doesn't have all the answers. And it doesn't.

Yeah, that's why we have healing crystals.  Right?

Seriously, if you used science for morality, it would be NAZI Germany all over again. The idea of Eugenics is a scientifically sound one, yet morally its about as out there as you can get.

Actually, from a biological point of view, it's a TERRIBLE idea. 

On the other hand, if you take the above sarcastic D&D comment as seriously as I think you do, you prolly wouldn't fit in here anyway.

Who cares?  You're stuck with me until I hear from Roger.  He's the only reason I'm here.

And about the I-Ching and entrail divination. LHX a half a year back actually debunked astrology by showing the process by which these "mystics" go about calculating it (unfortunatly lost it when the Discordian Network went down) I personally have written an essay on how totally full of shit intelligent design creationism is, which is layed out in a logical and cohesive manner. As for the SSKOOON stuff, its partially a satire, and partially a mind excercise.l

Sure.  And this is why we are looking, apparently, for the "underlying theory" of divination.  And getting reallty irate about how "modern science", as he put it, is too full of "gee-whiz progressions".

Sorry, man.  I really wish I could get in the cave with you and beat on a hollow log to keep the evil spirits away, but it's just not my bag, ya know?

:lol:
GET IT OFF ME!

Slarti

Quote from: Doc Howl on February 16, 2007, 02:17:07 AM

Sorry, man.  I really wish I could get in the cave with you and beat on a hollow log to keep the evil spirits away, but it's just not my bag, ya know?

wouldn't you say there's a difference between "beating on a hollow log to keep the evil spirits away" and  using "a collection of arbitrary symbols overlaid upon a theoretical structure & employed for purposes of interpretation with regards to the future or for gaining alternative perspective/insight in connection with a present situation" ?  no madjuickalness required there.

Doc Howl

Quote from: Slarti on February 16, 2007, 02:23:11 AM

wouldn't you say there's a difference between "beating on a hollow log to keep the evil spirits away" and  using "a collection of arbitrary symbols overlaid upon a theoretical structure & employed for purposes of interpretation with regards to the future or for gaining alternative perspective/insight in connection with a present situation" ?  no madjuickalness required there.

No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.
GET IT OFF ME!

B_M_W

Yeah, that's why we have healing crystals.  Right?

Healing crystals....is that more of that MysticWicks shit like "Holding up the astral pillars" that we always joke about?

Actually, from a biological point of view, it's a TERRIBLE idea.

I didn't say it was a GOOD idea, I said it was a SOUND idea. By removing those individuals from the population that have certain genetic makeup, you can force evolutionary processes in a certain direction. That is basic premise of the eugenics idea, without all the extra baggage. And, having gone to a couple genetic classes, its pretty damn sound.

Now, if we used what was scientifically sound as a basis for moral decisions, then we would have stuff like eugenics going on.

Who cares?  You're stuck with me until I hear from Roger.  He's the only reason I'm here.

I think hes out in the desert right now.

Sure.  And this is why we are looking, apparently, for the "underlying theory" of divination.  And getting reallty irate about how "modern science", as he put it, is too full of "gee-whiz progressions".

Wait...stop there. I want quotes, because those are outrageous claims. And if they were true, I would totally bring him to terms with them, because that is opposite of what we have talked about before.

As for evil spirits, I have no fucking clue what you are talking about.