News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: v3x on September 17, 2012, 06:31:33 PM
Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 17, 2012, 06:28:32 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 17, 2012, 06:28:01 PM
There has been a lot of this going on lately.

The FBI have been cracking down on people with anarchist literature for the last year or so.  One suspects, given the "anarchist threat" to national security is roughly on a par with the "Steppe People's Invasion Threat" to American security, this has more to do with Occupy, people hating on banks and deterrence than anything else.

I wonder what they'll make of us.

Anarchy is saying that Government Makes No Sense.

Discordians say Sense Makes No Sense.

I give it 24 months max before rubber chickens are classified as a Schedule I Narcotic.

And when half of us get hauled off to indefinite detention, Iason and all the other spags that abandoned us for Zuckerberg will start going on about how they knew us when.  Then they'll play some more farmville.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

tyrannosaurus vex

The trick is making it look like the Anarchists are just a militant subsidiary of Discordia.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

If you ever read any Emma Goldman, you're screwed.

Hell, quoting Voltaire is in dodgy territory...don't you know about Voltairine de Cleyre?  I think we need to check your library card and take you in for questioning.

In other news concerning a blossoming police state, this notice was seen in downtown Manhattan two days ago:

QuoteSeptember 14, 2012

Dear Pace Students, Faculty, and Staff,

Monday, September 17 is the first anniversary of Occupy Wall Street. As a precautionary measure, NYPD will establish check points throughout Lower Manhattan. It is important that employees and students carry Pace ID cards in order to gain access through these checkpoints. Locations of the checkpoints are still to be determined.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Vincent Beatty

Director of Security

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 17, 2012, 06:35:15 PM
If you ever read any Emma Goldman, you're screwed.

Hell, quoting Voltaire is in dodgy territory...don't you know about Voltairine de Cleyre?  I think we need to check your library card and take you in for questioning.

In other news concerning a blossoming police state, this notice was seen in downtown Manhattan two days ago:

QuoteSeptember 14, 2012

Dear Pace Students, Faculty, and Staff,

Monday, September 17 is the first anniversary of Occupy Wall Street. As a precautionary measure, NYPD will establish check points throughout Lower Manhattan. It is important that employees and students carry Pace ID cards in order to gain access through these checkpoints. Locations of the checkpoints are still to be determined.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Vincent Beatty

Director of Security

Emma Goldman, you say?  I'm on it.  I wonder how much a PDF copy of her stuff is at Amazon?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Unless the copyright has been renewed, most of her stuff is over 70 years old.  It's probably free, if not next to free.

That said, you should probably purchase some Bakunin, Tucker and Kropotkin, just to be sure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 17, 2012, 06:47:15 PM
Unless the copyright has been renewed, most of her stuff is over 70 years old.  It's probably free, if not next to free.

That said, you should probably purchase some Bakunin, Tucker and Kropotkin, just to be sure.

On it.  But I'm going to use Amazon regardless of its copyright status, on account of buying it from a known snitch using a credit card.

Cain

Yeah, I thought that might be the plan.

Just, if it was free, you could then use the Kindle.  It'd still leave an electronic paper trail, but it could be done for free.

If you really want to get onto the FBI's watchlist, I could probably name half a dozen books that would get their interest....I mean, apart from the back catalogue of Paladin Press, because that's just obvious.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 17, 2012, 06:50:00 PM
Yeah, I thought that might be the plan.

Just, if it was free, you could then use the Kindle.  It'd still leave an electronic paper trail, but it could be done for free.

If you really want to get onto the FBI's watchlist, I could probably name half a dozen books that would get their interest....I mean, apart from the back catalogue of Paladin Press, because that's just obvious.

Send em to me.

I love the idea of Mr Solid Middle Class being investigated for reading puerile blather.

And, yeah, Kindle is the way to go.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Shit, I'm gonna be in trouble. :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 17, 2012, 06:19:37 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on September 17, 2012, 10:02:53 AM
Portland WTF?
http://thesoundandnoise.com/2012/09/14/young-persons-called-to-private-grand-jury-for-owning-books/

I didn't even hear about that. Net, did you?

Nope.

I wonder if they've got a case file on me ever since I watched a PBS documentary on Emma Goldman a decade ago.

Fucking McCarthyist scumbags....
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Lenin McCarthy

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/18/world/europe/czechs-ban-hard-liquor-sales-after-methanol-poisonings.html

I'm going to Prague with my class for five days next month, and now they've just banned hard liquor sales. How nice of them to take precautions.

Cain

I bought back several bottles of hard liquor from Prague and now I'm not sure if they're safe to drink.

Cain

The UK is deporting 80 Tamils back to Sri Lanka, where they will almost certainly be tortured and executed.

Of course, this shouldn't be too surprising, for anyone who knows how Britain helped fuck up Sri Lanka by importing thousands of cheap Tamil labourers in the first place, spurring the development of Sinhalese Buddhist nationalism, spurring a reaction in the form of the Tamil Tigers, creating a reaction which culminated in mass slaughter and detention camps for the Tamil people a couple of years back.

But it's still pretty shitty.

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!