News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 26, 2019, 06:40:33 AM
Quote from: The Johnny on November 26, 2019, 04:02:24 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 23, 2019, 03:38:46 AM
Quote from: The Johnny on November 22, 2019, 11:31:34 PM

"Animal rights militia"...

On one hand it's one of the logical/practical ramifications of PETA that one could see coming from a 1000 miles... on the other hand im here shaking my head and repeating the words and can't help think

QuoteO wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in't.

You have to remember that everyone between Mexico and Canada is bugshit crazy in one way or another.  I have explained the REASON for this, not sure if you were around at the time.

Well, I have several reasons I can think of, but if you can break it down to a single one I'd like to hear it  :lulz:

Europe dumped all their crazy people here and then "lost" the revolution and left us.  Basically, they're bad parents.

Just think of the USA as a gigantic emotionally-compromised teenager with nukes.

It's like you guys ran away in a tantrum to the woods and were never looked after. 

But then Australia it's like they got sent off to a permanent time-out in the trodden down backyard shed. :lulz:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

PopeTom

Europe dumped all their crazy people here and then "lost" the revolution and left us.  Basically, they're bad parents.

Just think of the USA as a gigantic emotionally-compromised teenager with nukes.

"No, you go on ahead.  We'll send the Aprilflower (with the thinkers) and the Juneflower (with the doers) later.  We want you there first to make sure the telephones are clean." - Europe circa 1620
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Johnny on November 26, 2019, 04:55:58 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on November 26, 2019, 04:02:24 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 23, 2019, 03:38:46 AM
Quote from: The Johnny on November 22, 2019, 11:31:34 PM

"Animal rights militia"...

On one hand it's one of the logical/practical ramifications of PETA that one could see coming from a 1000 miles... on the other hand im here shaking my head and repeating the words and can't help think

QuoteO wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in't.

You have to remember that everyone between Mexico and Canada is bugshit crazy in one way or another.  I have explained the REASON for this, not sure if you were around at the time.

Well, I have several reasons I can think of, but if you can break it down to a single one I'd like to hear it  :lulz:

It's like you guys ran away in a tantrum to the woods and were never looked after. 

But then Australia it's like they got sent off to a permanent time-out in the trodden down backyard shed. :lulz:

And they are even nuttier than us, in all respects.  It's just that there's only a couple of them and they're WAY THE FUCK OVER THERE.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: PopeTom on November 26, 2019, 10:16:45 PM

"No, you go on ahead.  We'll send the Aprilflower (with the thinkers) and the Juneflower (with the doers) later.  We want you there first to make sure the telephones are clean." - Europe circa 1620

Such a shame!  Have to go!  Ta ta!
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Yeah, that was pretty clearly a Russian hit once you looked into it.

Not that Russia doesn't also have form for having hit teams wandering Europe and the Middle East looking for defectors and enemies of the regime.

Cain

QuoteJust one week after the murder, which targeted a Georgian man by the name of Zelimkhan Khangoshvili, DER SPIEGEL and its partners reported that the identity of the alleged perpetrator had been faked. Berlin police arrested a Russian citizen claiming the name Vadim Sokolov shortly after the murder. But there was nobody by that name registered in the Russian passport system. Furthermore, he had provided a false address in his Schengen visa application. His passport had been issued by a division of the Russian Interior Ministry that has also issued passports to agents of the GRU, the Russian military secret service, in the past.

The Georgian victim fought against Russia in the second Chechen war. Later, he spent years working as an informant and intermediary for the Georgian and Ukrainian anti-terror agencies. U.S. officials also profited from his contacts in the difficult-to-access Caucasus region. Following constant threats and an attack on his person, he initially fled to Ukraine and then onward to Germany.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on December 06, 2019, 02:51:07 PM
Yeah, that was pretty clearly a Russian hit once you looked into it.

Not that Russia doesn't also have form for having hit teams wandering Europe and the Middle East looking for defectors and enemies of the regime.

The moment it said a Georgian was slain in Berlin, I knew it was Russia.  The adorable part is that they're angry that Germany cared.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

https://apnews.com/55954f982c56744b4b0f6e4b2d8ff2be

Saudi Arabia condemns 5 to death over Kashoggi.

The odds of these 5 people being the ones who did it are between zero and potato.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

So, what happens when everyone makes category errors driven by paranoia and butthurt?

https://apnews.com/5c01f233f4a80281e8b65259352a878c
Molon Lube

altered

Oh, the usual. The brutally violent deaths of people who aren't white.

Followed shortly by the ... third? Fourth? Resurgence of the Islamic State... or whatever terror group is smart enough to stick their ass in the power vacuum first.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on January 02, 2020, 04:59:06 PM
Oh, the usual. The brutally violent deaths of people who aren't white.

Followed shortly by the ... third? Fourth? Resurgence of the Islamic State... or whatever terror group is smart enough to stick their ass in the power vacuum first.

I have stopped using the term "terror group," because it is now redundant.  Everyone from the Taliban to the US government routinely uses terror as the go-to solution for everything, because they've forgotten how to do anything else.

Imagine a century where James Polk would be considered a statesman and a diplomat.
Molon Lube

altered

Mmmm. Fair. I guess what I meant to say is non-state actor.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

It'll be ISIS. They're still active in northern Iraq, and likely actively recruiting from those who are dismayed at seeing the Iraqi protest movement being violently put down.

Cain

JUST LIKE IN 2010.

Oh yes, this has happened before.