News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter s.durden

Don't know who your talking about. I'm only moderatly interested in politics.

I pick a candidate to vote for, and a reason to hate everyone else, and I run with it.

Do you mean McCain from Arizona? I liked him, but he's losing stock because he is catering to the Religious Right, instead of fight for what he believes in. He is a moderate Republican, that feel he needs to blow the far right to get elected.
Hard to respect that.
This space for rent.

Cain

No, the Dem governor of New Mexico, can't remember his name.  With him the Dem race is shaping up to be between a woman, a black guy and a latino.  Which will certainly make the election interesting.....

hunter s.durden

Not familiar with him, offhand.
The news here is all about Hillary and Obama right now.
America is all about the "rock star" candidates.
This space for rent.

Thurnez Isa

theres alot of buzz around viginian senator jim Webb
he hasnt officially announced and he doesn't have a lot of experience, but his mid-fifties, white, former military and a former republican
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

LMNO

So, the next president will either be a black guy, a woman, or a moderate Republican white guy....

Smooth move, dems.

AFK

Quote from: Cain on January 22, 2007, 11:59:41 AM
No, the Dem governor of New Mexico, can't remember his name.  With him the Dem race is shaping up to be between a woman, a black guy and a latino.  Which will certainly make the election interesting.....

Bill Richardson, former Energy Secretary during the Clinton administration.  And I'd vote for him over Hillary and Obama.  He has more leadership experience and is probably better equipped to handle the immigration stuff. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

hunter s.durden

Immigration is not an issue for me.
Stay, go, I don't give a fuck.
This space for rent.

AFK

Yes but it IS an issue for a large portion of the electorate.  If you are going to support a candidate, while you want them to be somewhat in sync with your own personal beliefs, its a bonus if they also may be in sync with others on the issues you are less concerned about, especially one like immigration. 

Cramulus

I'm waiting for the political pendulum's back-swing. I anticipate that 08 will be the end of a ridiculous period of American history characterized by far-right absurdity and the beginning of a ridiculous period of American history characterized by far-left absurdity.

Personally, I vote based on die rolls. I feel its a rational response to idiocracy.

Suu

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 22, 2007, 04:31:53 PM

Personally, I vote based on die rolls. I feel its a rational response to idiocracy.

...That's not a bad idea. I can probably steal some of my husband's D20s for extra flair.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Careful with that approach, do you really want Dennis Kucinich as your next president?

Cain

No, Hillary will win, initiate war with Iran, lose badly and ensure Republican dominance of American politics for the next 20 years.  She has her orders too, you know.

hunter s.durden

I genuinely don't care about immigration policy.
I'm just going to let someone else formulate my opinion on it.
Any takers? Next thing that sounds good is my new opinion on immigration.
This space for rent.

Triple Zero

immigration is good for the fertility of the land
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

hunter s.durden

We have a winner.

Hurray for immigration! Everyone meet in America for the after-party!

Immigration is the best!

This space for rent.