News:

Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on February 24, 2020, 12:59:47 PM
Remember that guy who was trying to make a rocket to prove the Earth is flat?  He's dead, now.   :|

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/daredevil-mad-mike-hughes-dies-in-crash-of-his-homemade-rocket-in-california

Yeah, the last independent mad scientist.  :(

This was his third launch.  I expect he had parachute issues.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

LMNO

Three rusty hex bolts say he gets pardoned a month after sentencing.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 24, 2020, 07:12:33 PM
Three rusty hex bolts say he gets pardoned a month after sentencing.

I ain't touching that money.  Word is that Trump might pardon Bernie Madoff.
Molon Lube

Cain

I'm just hoping Weinstein has to share a cell with a really big (in both senses of the word) fan of Rose McGowan's acting career.

Cain

This is fine

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/21/world/asia/south-korea-coronavirus-shincheonji.html?fbclid=IwAR0WStyVx8RwBs-atm5jWeKpnrETAo4XTfyF6SINkDXpmQ98kKl3zS39FXs

QuoteAt meetings of the secretive Shincheonji Church of Jesus, worshipers sit packed together on the floor, forbidden to wear glasses — or face masks. They come to church even when sick, former members say. After services, they split up into groups for Bible study, or to go out into the streets and proselytize.

After the first coronavirus infection was reported among its members, they were told to lie about being followers, though the church later said that was not its policy.

Now, health officials are zeroing in on the church's practices as they seek to contain South Korea's alarming coronavirus outbreak, in which members of Shincheonji, along with their relatives and others who got the virus from them, account for more than half of the confirmed infections. On Saturday, the number of cases in the country soared to 346 — second only to mainland China, if the outbreak on the Diamond Princess cruise ship is excluded from Japan's count.

More than 1,250 other church members have reported potential symptoms, health officials said, raising the possibility that the nation's caseload could soon skyrocket further. In response, the government is shutting down thousands of day-care facilities, nursing homes and community centers, even banning the outdoor political rallies that are a feature of life in downtown Seoul.

As of Saturday, more than 700 members of Shincheonji, which mainstream South Korean churches consider a cult, still could not be reached, according to health officials, who were frantically hoping to screen them for signs of infection.

Especially when you take all of this into account

https://twitter.com/Spainkiller/status/1231869865205620742

QuoteThe Coronavirus Chronicles keep getting weirder and weirder.

You've probably heard about the sudden outbreak of the virus in South Korea. Well, did you also know that this is, in large part, to thank to an actual death cult? It's called #Shincheonji, and it's super scary.

QuoteMost dangerously, Lee Man-hee is very eschatology-focused, in such a way that people within Schincheonji have claimed that they are not simply beholding the End Times, but are actively *bringing it about*.

This is also why some believe that they've purposefully spread the virus.

LMNO

Isn't this how 12 Monkeys happened?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 25, 2020, 01:09:23 PM

Nope.  Remember, that turned out to be one crazy dude.
Molon Lube

PopeTom

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 25, 2020, 01:55:00 PM
Quote from: LMNO on February 25, 2020, 01:09:23 PM

Nope.  Remember, that turned out to be one crazy dude.

ie. Terry Gilliam
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 27, 2020, 08:27:48 PM
Additional good news.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/02/marine-general-orders-removal-confederate-flag-paraphernalia-bases-installations-white-nationalism.html

When I was in the army, a confederate flag got you thrown out.  Nazi symbolism meant you spent 90 days in the stockade on your way out.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube