News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

In today's "both sides are the same" news:

QuoteExperts on comparative politics say the GOP is an extremist outlier, no longer belonging in the same conversation with "normal" right-wing parties like Canada's Conservative Party (CPC) or Germany's Christian Democratic Party (CDU).

Instead, it more closely resembles more extreme right parties — like Viktor Orbán's Fidesz in Hungary or Recep Tayyip Erdogan's AKP in Turkey — that have actively worked to dismantle democracy in their own countries

Cain

Well there's 75 Republican candidates who are either Qanon tards or happy sucking up to Qanon tards. Given Qanon is a Neo-Nazi cult, that tells you all you need to know.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Wait...that got through international mail screening? And there were six previous letters in Texas? I can't say I know US procedures well, but that's fucking suspicious as shit.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on September 23, 2020, 07:26:07 PM
Wait...that got through international mail screening? And there were six previous letters in Texas? I can't say I know US procedures well, but that's fucking suspicious as shit.

It was stopped by the USPS so probably not.
Molon Lube

Cain

Ah, I hadn't been following it too closely but I thought it had gotten further than that.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on September 23, 2020, 09:13:52 PM
Ah, I hadn't been following it too closely but I thought it had gotten further than that.

The one to the WH was stopped at the USPS.  The ones to Texas, I don't know.
Molon Lube

CorbeauEtRenard

https://academictimes.com/first-vaccine-to-fully-immunize-against-malaria-builds-on-pandemic-driven-rna-tech/

Sometimes a news story reminds me of something Howl said many years ago about how 99% of engineers have their head up completely up their ass but the remaining 1% can put a man on the moon.

Some of the advancements for the current vaccine are apparently giving a new angle at potentially dealing with malaria. A.K.A. the cause of death of half of all the humans who have ever lived. At least solving it in humans, probably not feasible to eliminate the wildlife reservoir and completely smallpox it. But still.
Art is Dead! (If You Want It)

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

minuspace

QuoteA huge fatberg has been removed from a city sewer after engineers came up with a new idea to clear it which "literally ate it from the inside out"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-57203734

Doktor Howl

Netanyahu refuses to leave the prime minister's residence and has Trump ex-officials visiting to call him "prime minister"  I shit you not.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/gb-news-week-1-it-takes-until-tuesday-to-go-full-wingnut-1.4596133?mode=amp

Accurately sums up launch of gb news. No one yet pushing the legatum links but from a quick look that's a whole other shitshow.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 18, 2021, 07:13:58 PM
Netanyahu refuses to leave the prime minister's residence and has Trump ex-officials visiting to call him "prime minister"  I shit you not.

There's similar shit happening in Peru.

Thanks to Trump, basically all these populist new right leaders are never going to concede an election again.

Doktor Howl

To avoid having to raise wages post-pandemic, Russell Stover is now using prison labor in their facilities.

I expect a lot of this to go around.
Molon Lube

altered

I hope someone is maintaining a publicly accessible list.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.