News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Cain on January 23, 2007, 07:00:48 PM
I think you need nukes to make it work.

This is America! Someone is selling them SOMEWHERE.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 23, 2007, 06:56:16 PM

If I remember correctly that vote in 95 was really, really close.  Like 49/51 or something like that. 

yes very close
remember watching when i was a teenager
strange thing being french and living in ontario
the "yes" side was winning half the night
it wasn't untill they counted the votes from the cities that the "no" side pulled ahead and kept the lead
the polls are far different now
most in quebec now dont want to seperate and the french population of quebec is one the decline
the seperatists are still very strong in the province but now have to play a role of pushing for seperation but not seeming they are pushing for one
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Cain

Quote from: kaousuu on January 23, 2007, 07:05:01 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 23, 2007, 07:00:48 PM
I think you need nukes to make it work.

This is America! Someone is selling them SOMEWHERE.

Try Wal-Mart, they stock everything.

Thurnez Isa

Wal-Mart is cheap 3rd world shit
Sears is where you have to go for the good nukes
and pics of woman in their underwear
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.

Dante

AFK

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on January 23, 2007, 07:05:19 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 23, 2007, 06:56:16 PM

If I remember correctly that vote in 95 was really, really close.  Like 49/51 or something like that. 

yes very close
remember watching when i was a teenager
strange thing being french and living in ontario
the "yes" side was winning half the night
it wasn't untill they counted the votes from the cities that the "no" side pulled ahead and kept the lead
the polls are far different now
most in quebec now dont want to seperate and the french population of quebec is one the decline
the seperatists are still very strong in the province but now have to play a role of pushing for seperation but not seeming they are pushing for one

Are the french people moving out to other parts of Canada or are they just dying faster than they are procreating?
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Thurnez Isa

Imigration dialuting the local french population
Half the city of Montreal is completely english (the boring half)
I remember going through Montreal with my friends
We got lost and they sent me into a coffee get directions and the buggers working there didn't speak a word of french
Plus the french imigrates they're getting from African countries are coming to "Canada" and not "Quebec"
Plus their not procreating as fast enough rate
and the Quebec born youth aren't as interested in seperation... they're more interested in rebelling against free trade

IMO I think the seperatists will have one last push and if they don't win they probably going to go the way of the Christian Allience and slowly be sucked into the other political movements

EDIT: Quebec City and the area around Ruoyn are very much still french though

Dante

AFK

Makes sense.  It would be interesting to see a predominately English Quebec, especially Montreal and Quebec City.  I really need to get back their some day.  When I grew up in Northern Maine my family used to take quite a few trips to Quebec City.  It was a long ass drive but it was cool to see the different, kind of European architecture.  But yeah, it was tricky asking for directions when you could only say hello and goodbye in French. 

Cain

Suu

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 23, 2007, 07:37:33 PM
Makes sense.  It would be interesting to see a predominately English Quebec, especially Montreal and Quebec City.  I really need to get back their some day.  When I grew up in Northern Maine my family used to take quite a few trips to Quebec City.  It was a long ass drive but it was cool to see the different, kind of European architecture.  But yeah, it was tricky asking for directions when you could only say hello and goodbye in French. 

I hear Quebec City is gorgeous though. I do really need to get to Montreal this year though.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Thurnez Isa

Quebec city is still very much french
its quite a lovely city in terms of aesthetics, but I've only been through the city, and only once
Almost got arrested near the border once cause apparently the van we were traveling in was classified in Quebec as a "mini-bus" and we didnt have the currect papers or something
We just pulled the whole "Im just a stupid English Ontarian" manuver.. and besides I was working for an inventory company at the time and we had a few fine looking ladies working for us so that helped us as well
we didn't even get a ticket

Dante

Thurnez Isa

Dante

Thurnez Isa

I miss our old Prime Minister

"No, a proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." - Jean Chretien

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aX6XMIldkRU

Dante

AFK

He was funny.  I loved watching his press conferences.  Much funnier than Mulrooney. 

Thurnez Isa

That and he chocked a protestor
and pepper spreyed a bounch of others
:lol:

Dante

Suu

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on January 24, 2007, 03:22:43 PM
I miss our old Prime Minister

"No, a proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." - Jean Chretien

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aX6XMIldkRU

That reminds me of Rummy's Known knowns quote:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."