News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 20, 2010, 06:39:23 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on October 20, 2010, 06:16:09 PM
More bullets struck the Pentagon in a shooting Tuesday than initially thought, officials said.

"It has been determined that at least six shots were fired," Steven Calvery, director of the Pentagon Force Protection Agency, said in a statement Wednesday. "As previously stated, two exterior windows were impacted by bullets. Upon investigation, it has been determined that four other bullets hit the Pentagon's facade."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/20/dc.pentagon.shots.fired/index.html?hpt=T2

:lulz:

WHERE IS THE "T" WORD, DAMMIT?

We don't use the T word anymore. This is the era of HOPE dammit!   :lulz:

All lulzing aside, CB has noticed something that was put into media policy a few months ago.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

Gaddafi said the turmoil would only be justified if Tunisia adopts his model of rule -- known as the Third Universal Theory -- which replaces representative democracy with direct rule by the people through institutions called popular committees. :lulz:

http://af.reuters.com/article/topNews/idAFJOE70F00A20110116
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Disco Pickle

Comcast ok'd to buy majority stake in NBC from General Electric

http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/18/technology/fcc_comcast_nbc/

QuoteNEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The Federal Communications Commission and the Department of Justice on Tuesday approved -- with several conditions -- a merger of the country's largest cable operator, Comcast, and broadcasting company NBC Universal.

The FCC voted 4-1 in favor of the deal.

"After a thorough review, we have adopted strong and fair merger conditions to ensure this transaction serves the public interest," FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski said in a statement.

The FCC said the Comcast-NBC Universal combination will be required to take steps to increase competition in the video marketplace. The merger will also require Comcast to expand local news coverage, expand programs for Spanish-speaking viewers and offer Internet access to schools and libraries.

The lone dissenter, Commissioner Michael Copps, expressed concern that the merger will limit communications choices and drive up costs to consumers.

"At the end of the day, the public interest requires more -- much more -- than it is receiving," Copps said in a statement
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

LMNO

Adios

LMNO

If comcast controls my cable, and also owns NBC, one way to deprive them of money while keeping the glowing box is to use alternate forms of visual media not directly associated with either.  Hence, netflix.

AFK

"At the end of the day, the public interest requires more -- much more -- than it is receiving," Copps said in a statement

Yes, like funnier shows.  They can start by firing Jay Leno.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Adios

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 18, 2011, 08:33:21 PM
If comcast controls my cable, and also owns NBC, one way to deprive them of money while keeping the glowing box is to use alternate forms of visual media not directly associated with either.  Hence, netflix.

Gotcha, thanks. Satellite is an option, but when the weather is the worst and you need it.......

Jenne

Requia ☣

Quote from: Pickled Starfish on January 18, 2011, 08:28:12 PM
Comcast ok'd to buy majority stake in NBC from General Electric

http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/18/technology/fcc_comcast_nbc/

QuoteNEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The Federal Communications Commission and the Department of Justice on Tuesday approved -- with several conditions -- a merger of the country's largest cable operator, Comcast, and broadcasting company NBC Universal.

The FCC voted 4-1 in favor of the deal.

"After a thorough review, we have adopted strong and fair merger conditions to ensure this transaction serves the public interest," FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski said in a statement.

The FCC said the Comcast-NBC Universal combination will be required to take steps to increase competition in the video marketplace. The merger will also require Comcast to expand local news coverage, expand programs for Spanish-speaking viewers and offer Internet access to schools and libraries.

The lone dissenter, Commissioner Michael Copps, expressed concern that the merger will limit communications choices and drive up costs to consumers.

Doesn't it violate pretty much every anti trust law ever written for them to own both the television station and the delivery network?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 01, 2011, 09:41:18 PM
Doesn't it violate pretty much every anti trust law ever written for them to own both the television station and the delivery network?

You're so 20th Century.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

A couple of blocks from Villager's apartment:

http://www.dotnews.com/2011/man-sponge-bob-hat-charged-exposing-himself-ashmont-t-stop

I'd also like to point out that this man pulled it out outside in Boston in January. Deduce.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Doktor Blight on February 02, 2011, 04:55:09 AM

http://www.dotnews.com/2011/man-sponge-bob-hat-charged-exposing-himself-ashmont-t-stop

I'd also like to point out that this man pulled it out outside in Boston in January. Deduce.

He was probably looking to make sure it was still even there.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on February 02, 2011, 04:56:00 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on February 02, 2011, 04:55:09 AM

He was probably looking to make sure it was still even there.

:mittens: :mittens: :mittens:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS