Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 02, 2012, 09:04:58 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on June 02, 2012, 08:45:01 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on June 02, 2012, 07:40:39 PM
Whoooooo if we're gonna have that discussion here Imma request a thread split please (not yet, but you know, 30 pages and all that).

If it happens, maybe just merge it with the other crap thread like some chernobyl siamese twin.

Also, re: special attention: Possibly. It occurred to me too.
What did that sick fuck have to post here for, anyway?

My guess it's because he wants to be famous and was trying to get exposure on a lot of bigger forums for his eventual ickyness. Betcha he posted once or twice on a shit ton of forums, anticipating exactly this kind of reaction.

AUGH AUGH AUGH AUGH. My skin is crawling.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on June 02, 2012, 02:59:18 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on May 31, 2012, 02:02:06 PM

Holy fuck. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the fuck "Bath Salts" actually are? If they are actual bath salts this could be a rather fragrant zombie apocalypse.

Bad shit!  Mephedrone is a component, although there are about 4 different chemicals that have gone into bath salts in varying combinations.  And no, they definitely aren't for bathing.  They essentially provide an effect on the user that is like meth and cocaine combined.  Causes wild hallucinations and breaks from reality while doing a number on the circulatory system. 

There was an incident in Maine where a guy ran into the police HQ claiming the parking meters were chasing him. 

Seasoned drug addicts are saying "no thanks" to this stuff, it's THAT BAD.

It's being banned in many states and it has been banned federally for a year while more research is conducted.  I imagine there will eventually be a permanent ban. 

This is part of the new trend of substance abuse,namely, the synthetics.  We are seeing more and more of these substances enter into communities,  such as the. synthetic cannibinoids like K2 and now K3.  They get banned but the way they are banned is. by making certain chemicals or chemical "recipes" illegal.  So all the drug pushers need to do is tweak the formula just a bit and they are back in business.  And even then, these things can still easily be ordered over the internet.

It's really scary stuff.

It's important to note that so far there is no evidence that the zombie guy was actually on bath salts.  The toxicology reports aren't in yet, bath salts is speculation on the part of the cops who think it is similar to LSD, which chemically it isn't at all.  Mephedrone is a stimulant, not a psychedelic, similar to meth but not to LSD.

Given that inaccuracy I'm not too convinced by the cop's evaluation of the situation.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

AFK

I dunno, it is pretty consistent with the reports I've seen regarding people on bath salts.  People are pretty out of their gourd when they're on that stuff.

Also, the guy being naked is also consistent because many people who use bath salts will have an elevated body temperature to go along with the break from reality.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/attachements.cfm/att_102496_EN_Europol-EMCDDA_Joint_Report_Mephedrone.pdf

QuoteThe ECMDDA reported that mephedrone can cause various unintended side effects including: dilated pupils, poor concentration, teeth grinding, problems focusing visually, poor short-term memory, hallucinations, delusions, and erratic behaviour.

QuoteAlmost nothing is known about the long-term effects of the drug due to the short history of its use. BBC News reported that one person who used the drug for 18 months became dependent on the drug, in the end using it twice a week, had to be admitted to a psychiatric unit after he started experiencing hallucinations, agitation, excitability and mania.

tyrannosaurus vex

Besides being a somewhat less than ideal gift for your girlfriend on your second date, the synthetic drug known as "bath salts" can also be considered a screaming example of why drug prohibition doesn't work.

It would appear that every time you make something illegal and harder to get on the street, some asshole throws together his chemistry set and comes up with something at least five times worse than the thing you just prohibited.

Gee, it's almost like people are going to get high no matter how many times the government wags their finger at them. Go figure.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Triple Zero

Quote from: v3x on June 04, 2012, 06:36:58 AM
Besides being a somewhat less than ideal gift for your girlfriend on your second date, the synthetic drug known as "bath salts" can also be considered a screaming example of why drug prohibition doesn't work.

It would appear that every time you make something illegal and harder to get on the street, some asshole throws together his chemistry set and comes up with something at least five times worse than the thing you just prohibited.

Gee, it's almost like people are going to get high no matter how many times the government wags their finger at them. Go figure.

Now now, Vex, I'm sure that after banning the next generation of drugs, and perhaps one more after that, people will naturally come to see how silly all this is and they won't make new kinds of drugs but instead just give up. Besides, at some point the only drugs left will be so awful that nobody will want to use them anymore! Right? We just have to make sure the only thing left is a substance that combines Jenkem's disgusting method of preparation with the gruesome side-effects of Krokodil and then surely our children will be safe!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Junkenstein

This is almost admirable. I have visions of legislators trying to pull a Cnut while they start to drown. Incidentally "Cnut" is a fantastic name for a child.

In other news...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18330411
QuoteThousands of Egyptians are continuing to protest against the verdicts in the trial of ex-President Hosni Mubarak.

Two runners-up in the presidential election first round joined the demonstration in Cairo's Tahrir Square.

Mr Mubarak and his interior minister, Habib al-Adly, were sentenced to life in prison for not stopping the killing of protesters in last year's uprising.

But six security chiefs were acquitted. Mr Mubarak and his two sons were also cleared of separate corruption charges.

Thousands of protesters are staying in Tahrir Square overnight, urging a renewal of the revolution that toppled Mr Mubarak last year.

"We are now at a crossroad. It's either the revolution or back to the Mubarak regime," Abdellah Mahmoud, one of the demonstrators, was quoted as saying by the Associated Press.

Huge crowds took to the streets on Saturday and Sunday to express their outrage that no-one had been found guilty of ordering police to open fire in January and February 2011, in attacks which left more than 850 people dead.

Many people were also angry that Mr Mubarak did not receive the death penalty, as the prosecution had demanded. The 84-year-old and his sons were acquitted of corruption under the statute of limitations.

Egypt continues to be fun. Looks like it may just continue until someone hangs. No idea who but armies have always excelled at finding scapegoats. TAKING ALL BETS.

Further news....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18334377

QuoteSenior al-Qaeda leader Abu Yahya al-Libi was killed in a drone strike in Pakistan on Monday, US officials say.

US officials said Libi was the target of an attack which hit a volatile tribal area of Pakistan's north-west, killing 15 suspected militants.

So far, so war on terror...

QuoteBut drone strikes have increased in frequency since President Barack Obama took office in 2009 and hundreds of people have been killed.

The dead include senior al-Qaeda and Taliban leaders, as well as an unknown number of other militants and civilians, stoking public anger in Pakistan.

The US does not normally comment on individual drone operations, but this strike came after it emerged in the New York Times that the US president personally approves or vetoes each drone strike.

While not unexpected, this did make me pause for a moment. This guy has a Nobel peace prize. Surely there is some kind of mental magic involved where a person can order drone strikes for peace?

If I'm missing something help me out, because this all makes as much sense as giving Ron Jeremy an award for celibacy.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Telarus

Malfunctioning Cake Ruins Party and Spews Liquor All Over Oil Tycoons

Sea-raping mega-oil firm Shell has a new rig to launch, and like any enormous company, it decided to celebrate with a private party atop Seattle's Space Needle. The crown jewel? An oil rig-shaped cake which sprays liquor! Into your face.

http://gizmodo.com/5916538/malfunctioning-cake-ruins-party-and-spews-liquor-all-over-rich-people
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Telarus on June 07, 2012, 06:59:14 PM
Malfunctioning Cake Ruins Party and Spews Liquor All Over Oil Tycoons

Sea-raping mega-oil firm Shell has a new rig to launch, and like any enormous company, it decided to celebrate with a private party atop Seattle's Space Needle. The crown jewel? An oil rig-shaped cake which sprays liquor! Into your face.

http://gizmodo.com/5916538/malfunctioning-cake-ruins-party-and-spews-liquor-all-over-rich-people

Ooooh, this is a good one! It has layers upon layers. Fake video, fake Shell lawsuit threats, fake agencies, all kinds of greatness!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BabylonHoruv

You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on June 08, 2012, 08:36:20 PM
http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/06/08/060812-news-miami-zombie/

No bathsalts.

From your link:

QuoteBut Miami police spokesman Detective William Moreno wasn't giving up on the bath salts theory just yet.

"To the best of my knowledge, I'm being told we're not in possession of any such report," Moreno said. "It could be several months before the full toxicology report is released."

LEARN TO READ, ASSHOLE.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

I'm not too worried about any bathsalt zombies anymore.

Because of THESE

http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax

Yes, you can really buy some.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Anna Mae Bollocks

It looks like it's just regular 12 gauge 00 buck with a zombie label?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division