Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Junkenstein

So we're seriously expected to believe NK can afford Windows 8?

And the second, A French study encouraging less Bras. I can get behind that, but I suspect it to be total bullshit. The wife was less than favourable in her observations. More science must be done.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Elder Iptuous

i'm just wondering why it says the guy needed a slide rule to measure tits...

Telarus

Apparently, the younger women who didn't wear bras had their nipple-to-shoulder distance grow smaller over time, the opposite of sagging.... so then obviously, slide rules?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

... by 7mm per year. Which, over 15 years, means that if you stop wearing a bra your nipples will relocate to your shoulders.

The whole thing reads like a very elaborate joke.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

QuoteA West Virginia high school student is filing an injunction against her principal, who she claims is threatening to punish her for speaking out against a factually inaccurate abstinence assembly at her school. Katelyn Campbell, who is the student body vice president at George Washington High School, alleges her principal threatened to call the college where she's been accepted to report that she has "bad character."
George Washington High School recently hosted a conservative speaker, Pam Stenzel, who travels around the country to advocate an abstinence-only approach to teen sexuality. Stenzel has a long history of using inflammatory rhetoric to convince young people that they will face dire consequences for becoming sexually active. At GW's assembly, Stenzel allegedly told students that "if you take birth control, your mother probably hates you" and "I could look at any one of you in the eyes right now and tell if you're going to be promiscuous." She also asserted that condoms aren't safe, and every instance of sexual contact will lead to a sexually transmitted infection.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/04/17/1883121/west-virginia-abstinence-assembly/
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

This appears to have come to a conclusion:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/04/the-madness-ends-lawyer-charles-carreon-to-pay-46100/

QuoteLast summer, Tucson lawyer Charles Carreon dashed off a letter requesting that Matt Inman, the creator of popular webcomic The Oatmeal, "deliver to me a check in the amount of $20,000" as payment for some things Inman had said about a site called FunnyJunk.

Carreon didn't get his check, though. Instead, Inman drew a crude picture of woman—who might or might not have been Carreon's mother—seducing a bear. "There are some things that you accept with grace," Carreon told Ars in an interview last summer. "But I do not accept that my mother engaged in bestiality and I do not accept that FunnyJunk slept with its mother, as it does not have a mother."

Inman also raised $200,000 online and said he would photograph it for Carreon before sending it off to a pair of charities. Carreon responded by suing The Oatmeal's creator, the National Wildlife Federation, the American Cancer Society, and 100 anonymous "Does" who had allegedly mocked or bullied him online.

The entire Carreon affair became a long and bizarre story that only got weirder as it lurched along. By the end of it:

Carreon threatened to subpoena Ars Technica
He wrote a song about Inman that included the lines, "Your humor's scatological / Your mind is pathological / Did someone drop you on your head / When you were in your baby-bed?"
His wife called critics "Nazi scumbags," among many, many other names
"Satirical Charles" created a website designed to mock Carreon; Carreon exposed the man behind it and began threatening libel action, warning that "I have the known capacity to litigate appeals for years"
Satirical Charles sued Carreon for a declarative judgment that his site was legal
Carreon voluntarily dropped his lawsuit against Inman et al., telling Ars: "Mission accomplished"
Carreon set up his own website, claiming to be the victim of a "rapeutation" attack and putting up a video for a song called "Psycho Santa" (which was, naturally, about Inman)
Carreon took extreme measures to avoid being served in the Satirical Charles case—a lawyer eventually had to track him down outside a federal courtroom as he emerged from a hearing
In December 2012, Carreon gave Satirical Charles everything he wanted, admitting that the site was legal and agreeing to pay "costs" of $725
When Satirical Charles' lawyer then demanded $77,765.25 in compensation for his time, Carreon tied the matter up in paperwork for months, objecting vociferously to just about any further payout and finally agreeing to cough up... $200
All of which brings us to today, when the federal judge overseeing the Satirical Charles litigation finally handed down his order on fees. "While defendant [Charles Carreon's] threatened claims were not 'exceptional' at the outset of this case, defendant's actions throughout the litigation certainly transformed this case into an 'exceptional' matter, deserving of an award of attorney fees," concluded the judge. "Evidence supports a finding of malicious conduct during the course of this case."

Class act.

Junkenstein

HO HO HO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22204072

HE HE HE

QuoteA former deputy editor at the Sun has been charged with conspiring to commit misconduct in public office, the Crown Prosecution Service has announced.

It is claimed that Fergus Shanahan authorised one of his journalists to make two payments totalling £7,000 to a public official for information.

It is alleged to have occurred between August 2006 and August 2007.

Mr Shanahan, now executive editor at the Sun, will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on 8 May.

The charges arise from Operation Elveden, which is investigating allegedly inappropriate payments from journalists to public officials.

Alison Levitt, QC, principal legal advisor to the Director of Public Prosecutions, said: "This announcement relates to a file of evidence from the Metropolitan Police Service that was received by the CPS on 4 March 2013.

"Following a careful review of the evidence, we have concluded that Fergus Shanahan, who served as an Editor at the Sun newspaper, should be charged with an offence of conspiring to commit misconduct in public office."

And remember, Murdoch(s) never knew about any of this. At all. Allegedly.

Junkenstein

http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/alleged-ricin-mailer-appears-obsessed-with-illegal-organ-har

I have no fucking idea:

QuoteWASHINGTON — Following the arrest of Paul Kevin Curtis in connection with the mailing of letters to President Barack Obama and U.S Senator Roger Wicker (R-Miss) that initially tested positive for the poison ricin, NBC reported that "both letters are signed: 'I am KC and I approve this message.'"
Now, other writings from a "Kevin Curtis" — focused on his experience as a former employee of North Mississippi Medical Center — have been found, and both pages end on a similar note:
"This is Kevin Curtis& I approve this message."
And:
"This is Kevin Curtis and I approve this report."
The writings of this Kevin Curtis, also of Mississippi, appear connected to each other — as well as several social media accounts, active as recently as earlier Wednesday. The writings document "the actions of what I believe to be that of a secret shadow government in which I feel have been put into place by higher powers to be in order to hide the truth behind the illegal organ harvesting market which I began investigating in 2000."
A newspaper photograph of a Kevin Curtis, who is an Elvis impersonator and runs a cleaning business, is both on a Facebook page for a Kevin Curtis and at one of the sites on which his writings are found.
The profile picture on the Facebook page is the same as for Kevin Curtis on Twitter. Two different YouTube accounts — Elvisguy and KEVINCURTISLIVE — also appear to come from the same person.
In a video on one of the accounts dated from 2001, the person references having been in jail earlier and says, "My whole name is Paul Kevin Curtis." The video was tweeted recently from Kevin Curtis' Twitter account. The video is being made because, according to the video's description, "This is how I roll when my home is burned down while I'm in Memphis, Tn performing in the largest Elvis Persley Impersonator's Contest 'Images of the King'."
In a a photo posted to Facebook two years ago — on April 15, 2011 — he remained focused on the obsession from the hospital days. In the caption, he wrote: "I won't get into the illegal black market of fetus parts sold each day for Profits in the United States on the Black Market. I'll save that for another time, place & day. God bless. KC"
As recently as October 2012, he tweeted about how "i blew whistle on illegal bone, tissue, organ & body parts trade in 1999 in Ms."
Less than 20 hours ago, he wrote on Facebook:
I'm on the hidden front lines of a secret war. A war that is making Billions of dollars for corrupt mafia related organizations and people. (bone, tissue, organ, body parts harvesting black market) when we lay our loved ones to rest....we hope and pray their bodies are not violated but I am here to tell you, as long as the bone, tissue & organ harvesting indu$try is NOT REGULATED....on any level(s) whether it be local, state, federal or national...........your loved ones body parts are NOT $AFE. It's not fun for me to be the Me$$enger here. It was not fun in 1999 when I made accidental discovery and became a "Person of interest".
My mother wants me to SHUT UP. My brothers fear me. My sister hates me. My cousins have hostility towards me (they work in healthcare) I have lost most of my friends. I have spent more than $130,000.00 on legal fee's in 13.5 yrs. They burned down my home, killed my dogs, my cat, my rabbit, blew up my 1966 Plymouth Valent. They destroyed my marriage, they distracted my career, they stalked, they trolled, they came in to my home, took my computers, had me arrested 22 times and guess what? I am still a thorn in their corrupt anals! I will remain here until Jesus Christ decides its time for me to go. (ur welcome and amen. :)

People be crazy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 18, 2013, 10:27:00 AM

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/04/the-madness-ends-lawyer-charles-carreon-to-pay-46100/

QuoteLast summer, Tucson lawyer Charles Carreon dashed off a letter requesting that Matt Inman, the creator of popular webcomic The Oatmeal, "deliver to me a check in the amount of $20,000" as payment for some things Inman had said about a site called FunnyJunk.

Carreon didn't get his check, though. Instead, Inman drew a crude picture of woman—who might or might not have been Carreon's mother—seducing a bear. "There are some things that you accept with grace," Carreon told Ars in an interview last summer. "But I do not accept that my mother engaged in bestiality and I do not accept that FunnyJunk slept with its mother, as it does not have a mother."

Inman also raised $200,000 online and said he would photograph it for Carreon before sending it off to a pair of charities. Carreon responded by suing The Oatmeal's creator, the National Wildlife Federation, the American Cancer Society, and 100 anonymous "Does" who had allegedly mocked or bullied him online.

The entire Carreon affair became a long and bizarre story that only got weirder as it lurched along. By the end of it:

He wrote a song about Inman that included the lines, "Your humor's scatological / Your mind is pathological / Did someone drop you on your head / When you were in your baby-bed?"
"Satirical Charles" created a website designed to mock Carreon; Carreon exposed the man behind it and began threatening libel action, warning that "I have the known capacity to litigate appeals for years"
Satirical Charles sued Carreon for a declarative judgment that his site was legal
Carreon voluntarily dropped his lawsuit against Inman et al., telling Ars: "Mission accomplished"
Carreon set up his own website, claiming to be the victim of a "rapeutation" attack and putting up a video for a song called "Psycho Santa" (which was, naturally, about Inman)
Carreon took extreme measures to avoid being served in the Satirical Charles case—a lawyer eventually had to track him down outside a federal courtroom as he emerged from a hearing
In December 2012, Carreon gave Satirical Charles everything he wanted, admitting that the site was legal and agreeing to pay "costs" of $725
When Satirical Charles' lawyer then demanded $77,765.25 in compensation for his time, Carreon tied the matter up in paperwork for months, objecting vociferously to just about any further payout and finally agreeing to cough up... $200
All of which brings us to today, when the federal judge overseeing the Satirical Charles litigation finally handed down his order on fees. "While defendant [Charles Carreon's] threatened claims were not 'exceptional' at the outset of this case, defendant's actions throughout the litigation certainly transformed this case into an 'exceptional' matter, deserving of an award of attorney fees," concluded the judge. "Evidence supports a finding of malicious conduct during the course of this case."

Class act.

Damn, that's... special.  :lulz:

Kind of reminds me of my litigation-happy sister. She will sue anyone for anything.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

It's well worth reading the full thing, that's a very abbreviated summary. The Oatmeal and "Satirical Charles" pulled out a wonder here.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 18, 2013, 04:35:09 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/alleged-ricin-mailer-appears-obsessed-with-illegal-organ-har

I have no fucking idea:

QuoteWASHINGTON — Following the arrest of Paul Kevin Curtis in connection with the mailing of letters to President Barack Obama and U.S Senator Roger Wicker (R-Miss) that initially tested positive for the poison ricin, NBC reported that "both letters are signed: 'I am KC and I approve this message.'"
Now, other writings from a "Kevin Curtis" — focused on his experience as a former employee of North Mississippi Medical Center — have been found, and both pages end on a similar note:
"This is Kevin Curtis& I approve this message."
And:
"This is Kevin Curtis and I approve this report."
The writings of this Kevin Curtis, also of Mississippi, appear connected to each other — as well as several social media accounts, active as recently as earlier Wednesday. The writings document "the actions of what I believe to be that of a secret shadow government in which I feel have been put into place by higher powers to be in order to hide the truth behind the illegal organ harvesting market which I began investigating in 2000."
A newspaper photograph of a Kevin Curtis, who is an Elvis impersonator and runs a cleaning business, is both on a Facebook page for a Kevin Curtis and at one of the sites on which his writings are found.
The profile picture on the Facebook page is the same as for Kevin Curtis on Twitter. Two different YouTube accounts — Elvisguy and KEVINCURTISLIVE — also appear to come from the same person.
In a video on one of the accounts dated from 2001, the person references having been in jail earlier and says, "My whole name is Paul Kevin Curtis." The video was tweeted recently from Kevin Curtis' Twitter account. The video is being made because, according to the video's description, "This is how I roll when my home is burned down while I'm in Memphis, Tn performing in the largest Elvis Persley Impersonator's Contest 'Images of the King'."
In a a photo posted to Facebook two years ago — on April 15, 2011 — he remained focused on the obsession from the hospital days. In the caption, he wrote: "I won't get into the illegal black market of fetus parts sold each day for Profits in the United States on the Black Market. I'll save that for another time, place & day. God bless. KC"
As recently as October 2012, he tweeted about how "i blew whistle on illegal bone, tissue, organ & body parts trade in 1999 in Ms."
Less than 20 hours ago, he wrote on Facebook:
I'm on the hidden front lines of a secret war. A war that is making Billions of dollars for corrupt mafia related organizations and people. (bone, tissue, organ, body parts harvesting black market) when we lay our loved ones to rest....we hope and pray their bodies are not violated but I am here to tell you, as long as the bone, tissue & organ harvesting indu$try is NOT REGULATED....on any level(s) whether it be local, state, federal or national...........your loved ones body parts are NOT $AFE. It's not fun for me to be the Me$$enger here. It was not fun in 1999 when I made accidental discovery and became a "Person of interest".
My mother wants me to SHUT UP. My brothers fear me. My sister hates me. My cousins have hostility towards me (they work in healthcare) I have lost most of my friends. I have spent more than $130,000.00 on legal fee's in 13.5 yrs. They burned down my home, killed my dogs, my cat, my rabbit, blew up my 1966 Plymouth Valent. They destroyed my marriage, they distracted my career, they stalked, they trolled, they came in to my home, took my computers, had me arrested 22 times and guess what? I am still a thorn in their corrupt anals! I will remain here until Jesus Christ decides its time for me to go. (ur welcome and amen. :)

People be crazy.

He does a kind of not-so-subtle Branson/ethnic "humor" thing, too. I threw up in my mouth a little.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hqoM6Gk2CM
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Elder Iptuous

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 18, 2013, 10:27:00 AM

Class act.

I was following the story up until Carreon dropped the lawsuit against the Oatmeal. I had no idea it went completely balls to the wall. Wow.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Junkenstein

Florida Part #??zrirhfr123/E

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/fl-naked-cops-massage-20130418,0,2407612.story

QuoteThe police officer lay face down on the massage table, on duty, unarmed and naked.

For 30 minutes Shu Yuan Sun worked the muscles of the officer's back, his shoulders and legs, and then told him, "Turn over." And that, said Hallandale Beach Police Sgt. Todd Crevier, is when the crime went down.

While the arrests this month of three women on charges of prostitution and practicing health care without a license are described as part of an ongoing investigation into human trafficking, having undercover officers strip naked and engage in skin-to-skin contact to make arrests has revived an old debate.

QuoteDuring one visit, the woman identified as Nikki "brushed her hand across my penis" and then "made an up and down motion with her hand" to indicate an offer of masturbation, wrote one officer. The officer said he declined, saying, "Maybe next time."

"It sounds like a lot of fun, but it's a nasty, tough job," said Charlie Fuller, a retired Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agent who now runs the International Association of Undercover Officers. "The prostitutes have a better intelligence system than any agency in the world. You have to disrobe or they won't talk to you."

Flournoy said detectives themselves decide how far to go when working an undercover assignment.

"Sometimes officers have to make their own moral decision as it relates what they feel comfortable with," he said. "But I have had massages and they are unclothed. [These officers] are portraying themselves not as police but as regular customers."

Points awarded for not calling it a "Hard job"