Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 13, 2013, 06:03:08 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 13, 2013, 05:49:08 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 12, 2013, 10:45:39 PM
http://www.kctv5.com/story/22820222/viral-video-the-worlds-scariest-rabbit

QuoteYoutube user Gunnar Boettcher believes he may have found a majestic and magical creature living around his house.

Gunnar Boettcher jokes in his YouTube posting that the rabbit he caught on video feeds off of the dying souls of other rabbits.

After watching the video, many Internet users are saying this may be the world's scariest rabbit.

Gunnar Boettcher believes the creature may have a skin disease called Shope papilloma virus.

AUGH THAT'S HORRIFYING!

Yeah. It's pretty scary looking. Parts of the internet are hating on that kid for not catching the rabbit and taking it to a vet.

Oh come on, it's a fucking wild rabbit with some kind of weird disease. I wouldn't catch it and take it to a vet, I'd shoot it and give the body to Fish and Game to figure out.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The internet is saturated with RETARDS.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 13, 2013, 06:34:52 PM

QuoteYoutube user Gunnar Boettcher believes he may have found a majestic and magical creature living around his house.

Gunnar Boettcher jokes in his YouTube posting that the rabbit he caught on video feeds off of the dying souls of other rabbits.

After watching the video, many Internet users are saying this may be the world's scariest rabbit.

Gunnar Boettcher believes the creature may have a skin disease called Shope papilloma virus.

AUGH THAT'S HORRIFYING!

Yeah. It's pretty scary looking. Parts of the internet are hating on that kid for not catching the rabbit and taking it to a vet.

Oh come on, it's a fucking wild rabbit with some kind of weird disease. I wouldn't catch it and take it to a vet, I'd shoot it and give the body to Fish and Game to figure out.

Yeah. That was my thought as well. But bleeding hearts do like to bleed.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 13, 2013, 07:52:54 PM

AUGH THAT'S HORRIFYING!

Indeed they do. It gives them an opportunity to be righteously indignant and full of moral rage without actually having to take action to demonstrate the virtues they espouse.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 13, 2013, 09:19:24 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 13, 2013, 07:52:54 PM

AUGH THAT'S HORRIFYING!

Indeed they do. It gives them an opportunity to be righteously indignant and full of moral rage without actually having to take action to demonstrate the virtues they espouse.

Which in itself is a weird disease. :P Righteous indignation should be taken seriously and treated early on before it develops into a full-blown case of craniumintherectumitis, which only has limited success in being treated with surgery and high doses of logic.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Junkenstein

Oh FFS Varg:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23327165
QuoteA Norwegian musician with links to mass killer Anders Behring Breivik has been arrested in France on "suspicion he was preparing a major terrorist act".

The French interior ministry said Kristian "Varg" Vikernes constituted "a potential threat to society".

He was arrested in central France after his wife bought four rifles.

Vikernes, described by French officials as a neo-Nazi, had in the past received a copy of a manifesto from Breivik, who killed 77 people in Norway in 2011.

He planted a bomb in central Oslo and went on a shooting spree on the nearby island of Utoeya in July 2011. He was imprisoned for the maximum 21-year term last year.

An official at the Paris Prosecutor Office said Breivik sent a copy of a manifesto setting out his ideology to Vikernes, who is also a convicted murderer.

Did not know about the Breivik link, though it's not a surprise.

Nicely timed though. Frances version of PRISM/GCHQ was getting some shit and outrage recently. I think this will guarantee their budget rises for the foreseeable future.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

AFK

I guess the new Burzum album was a flop then.  Not that any of his music was very good. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Junkenstein

That's the trouble with these Odin worshippers. Can't trust 'em. And the shit music too, obviously.

One day they're telling their mother they will flee, the next arrested for terrorism.

I kind of don't even care if he's actually done anything wrong. I've caught a couple of interviews from him as part of various black metal documentaries and the guy is clearly fucked up in several interesting ways.

Should be a cracking show trial though.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

UK's ongoing war against smut continues with a comical twist:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23312579

QuoteI've written before on the dialogue of the deaf between politicians and the internet industry over child internet safety - and now the relationship seems to be getting even worse. A letter sent to the UK's four leading ISPs from the government has made them very cross indeed. So cross that someone in the industry has passed it to me - you can read it in full below.

The letter comes from the Department for Education but it sets out a list of demands from Downing Street, with the stated aim of allowing the prime minister to make an announcement shortly. The companies are asked, among other things, for a commitment to fund an "awareness campaign" for parents. They're not particularly happy about promising cash for what the letter concedes is an "unknown campaign" but it's the next item on the menu which is the source of most of their anger.

This asks them to change the language they are using to describe the net safety filters they will be offering to internet users. Instead of talking of "active choice +", they are urged to use the term default-on. The letter says this can be done "without changing what you're offering".

A person at one ISP told me the request was "staggering - asking us to market active choice as default-on is both misleading and potentially harmful".

The letter in question:

QuoteDear All,

I am emailing to ask for some specific action which the prime minister plans to announce shortly. This follows a meeting yesterday at No 10 yesterday to discuss a range of child internet safety issues including parental controls and filters. The prime minister would like to make some further specific requests of industry and his office have asked us to ask you when you could deliver the following actions.

1. Implementing browser intercept

I understand that Talk Talk will be trialling a "browser intercept" to force existing customers to choose either to proceed with parental controls (pre-ticked), choose their own settings or turn them off completely. The prime minister wants to announce that by the end of the year, every household with a broadband internet connection will have had to make a decision to "opt-out" of installing filters. Will the other three ISPs consider making a commitment to adopting this approach - even before it has been trialled?

2. Age-verification systems/closed-loop

The prime minister expects customers to be required to prove their age/identity before any changes to the filters are made. I understand that you will all be implementing "closed-loop" systems which will notify account holders of any changes that are made to the filters and that you have robust systems in place but please could you all confirm the precise information that is required to enable customer to access, set-up and change their filters?

3. Awareness campaign for parents

I understand that it was agreed at Claire Perry's meeting a few weeks ago that Talk Talk, BT and others would undertake some further research to establish what the focus of the campaign should be. The prime minister would like to be able to announce a collective financial commitment from industry to fund this campaign. I know that it will be challenging for you to commit to an unknown campaign but please can you indicate what sum you will pledge to this work that the PM can announce.

4. Using the phrase "default-on" instead of "active-choice +"

The prime minister believes that there is much more that we can all do to improve how we communicate the current position on parental internet controls and that there is a need for a simplified message to reassure parents and the public more generally. Without changing what you will be offering (ie active-choice +), the prime minister would like to be able to refer to your solutions are "default-on" as people will have to make a choice not to have the filters (by unticking the box). Can you consider how to include this language (or similar) in the screens that begin the set-up process? For example, "this connection includes family-friendly filters as default [or as standard] - if you do not want to install this protection please un-tick the box" (obviously not intended to be drafting). Would you be able to commit to including "default-on" or similar language both in the set-up screen and public messaging?

We are all aware of the really excellent work that you are doing and but there are a number of specific areas that the prime minister thinks need further immediate action. You are likely to receive a further message from colleagues in DCMS and the Home Office regarding tackling illegal images but given the short deadline for this work we thought it better to give you some time to work on these issues in the meantime. I need to report back to No 10 by the end of the week on these points so I would be grateful if you could consider this request as a matter of urgency and respond by midday Friday.

Apologies for the very tight deadline and grateful for your help with this work.

Translation - PM desperate for PR win, wants to give the DM crowd a victory headline. Pls block all pr0n by default and make people ring you to say they want to see boobs or Maddox or anything the government deems inappropriate. Which at this rate, could be nearly anything and everything.

Lenin McCarthy

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 16, 2013, 02:40:59 PM
Oh FFS Varg:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23327165
QuoteA Norwegian musician with links to mass killer Anders Behring Breivik has been arrested in France on "suspicion he was preparing a major terrorist act".

The French interior ministry said Kristian "Varg" Vikernes constituted "a potential threat to society".

He was arrested in central France after his wife bought four rifles.

Vikernes, described by French officials as a neo-Nazi, had in the past received a copy of a manifesto from Breivik, who killed 77 people in Norway in 2011.

He planted a bomb in central Oslo and went on a shooting spree on the nearby island of Utoeya in July 2011. He was imprisoned for the maximum 21-year term last year.

An official at the Paris Prosecutor Office said Breivik sent a copy of a manifesto setting out his ideology to Vikernes, who is also a convicted murderer.

Did not know about the Breivik link, though it's not a surprise.

Nicely timed though. Frances version of PRISM/GCHQ was getting some shit and outrage recently. I think this will guarantee their budget rises for the foreseeable future.

Being one of hundreds he mailed the manifesto to is hardly a link.

Junkenstein

Varg's got a bit of history with the right wing, so I'm guessing that there's a bit more to that than stated. From what I recall he was pretty prolific in contacting/interacting with various groups while in prison. His beliefs have swung around pretty wildly at times too, so   prior contact seems at least possible.

Don't get me wrong. Varg is a perfectly shitty person on his own without adding Breivik to the mix. I'd say the most interesting thing about the whole thing is the timing.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 13, 2013, 06:35:34 PM
The internet is saturated with RETARDS.

Wait until the news gets hold of this. Chupacabra Devil Bunnies in 3...2...
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Junkenstein

This is awesome:
http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/baba-jukwa-zimbabwe-whistleblower

QuoteA taste for whistleblowing, recently reignited by Edward Snowden, has spread down to the bottom of Africa, into the corrupt corners of Zimbabwe. With less than a fortnight to go until the nation attempts to topple Robert Mugabe from a 33-year rule of terror and violence, an anonymous Facebook figure has been creating quite a stir.

Baba Jukwa claims to be a powerful member in Mugabe's political party, ZANU-PF, who is trying to bring the party down from the inside. He has been using Facebook to publish detailed allegations of corruption and violence, including the supposed perpetrators' names and phone numbers and disclosing dishonest election tactics. This is all in an attempt to galvanise the opposition party, MDC, into securing a victory that many believe they are long overdue.

Baba Jukwa labels himself as "a concerned father, fighting nepotism and directly linking the community with their leaders, government, MPs and ministers". Only last month, in an attempt to deliver truth and re-establish Zimbabwe's democratic right to a transparent government, he partnered with WikiLeaks.

Since Baba Jukwa started spilling secrets, the government has brought in ITC experts from China and Israel, and employed an Australia-based hacker/spy to try to identify the self-described saboteur. But Baba Jukwa's identity is still a mystery and his supporters continue to multiply, regardless of the brutal consequences Zimbabweans often face for opposing Mugabe.

Hopefully the start of things getting less shitty in Zimbabwe. Interesting credibility test too:
QuoteBaba Jukwa has also published claims regarding Mugabe's health, announcing that he is dying of prostate cancer and is undergoing regular chemotherapy in Singapore. This reinforces information WikiLeaked a few years ago, which stated Mugabe had been given until the end of 2013 to live.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cramulus

The Satanic Temple Performs Same-Sex Ceremony At Westboro Baptist Church Leaders Family Gravesite

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/28311/The-Satanic-Temple-Performs-Same-Sex-Ceremony-At-Westboro-Baptist-Church-Leaders-Family-Gravesite?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Thegauntletcom+%28thegauntlet.com%29

"The Satanic Temple now believes that Fred Phelps must believe that his mother is now gay, in the afterlife, due to our Pink Mass... And nobody can challenge our right to our beliefs."

edit: http://www.westboro-baptist.com/  :lulz: