News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEldritchGod

Quote from: Cain on February 17, 2017, 02:55:22 AM
It's basically a conspiracy theory that the Frankfurt School was a way to spread Marxism via culture and that now all the universities and tv stations and vidya games are dominated by closet leftists seeking to ruin society by undermining traditional families and Christian values.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LaughingAtLiberals

Lose a few hours on that youtube channel and you'll be hard pressed to think its not a conspiracy. Alas, it's not. You're just seeing what happens after the machine chewed up all the leaders of the conspiracy and now there are just armies useful idiots with no leaders. The rampaging mouth breathing mobs are more like a self-replicating memetic virus then a social movement. I wish there was a conspiracy. It'd mean that somewhere there is a face that one could justify punching.
I am fallible and I love to fail for without error there is no clear path to truth.

Cain

I dealt with the history and use of cultural marxism significantly in my masters dissertation, thanks.  I don't need a random Youtube channel to tell me about it.

Junkenstein

What's most annoying for me is there is some decent content on YouTube but these cretins never link to that. It's always just the same shit like "the real troof about mooslems".

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Maybe I should set up a random Youtube channel, so I too can be considered an expert.

I just have all these worthless "degrees" from "accredited universities".  Obviously I could stand to learn a lot from this guy.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 24, 2017, 03:28:51 AM
There really are no words.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/899?utm_content=bufferdaca7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

:eek:

You can't get much more straight forward that the text.

seems they're shooting for this by the end of 2018. Would this basically mean that the mid-term election could be unable to reverse the bill because Trump could just veto any new legislation if this gets passed?

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on February 24, 2017, 08:13:34 PM
Maybe I should set up a random Youtube channel, so I too can be considered an expert.

I just have all these worthless "degrees" from "accredited universities".  Obviously I could stand to learn a lot from this guy.

Seriously consider that. I for one would watch the hell out of it.

If random racists can make decent cash from it you should be able to get a few quid out of it.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

You should click the link, if you haven't already.  It's quite enlightening.

And I honestly doubt it.  The internet economy runs on clickbait, which I am not especially interested in pursuing.  Also people who do Youtube videos about politics from their bedroom are invariably douchebags.

MMIX

Or irony junkies:
                          "Guilty: Man who pulled gun out at 'Don't Shoot PDX' protest"

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on February 24, 2017, 09:45:12 PM
You should click the link, if you haven't already.  It's quite enlightening.

And I honestly doubt it.  The internet economy runs on clickbait, which I am not especially interested in pursuing.  Also people who do Youtube videos about politics from their bedroom are invariably douchebags.

I did. Imagine my face of surprise.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TheEldritchGod on February 24, 2017, 08:24:50 AM
It's basically a conspiracy theory that the Frankfurt School was a way to spread Marxism via culture and that now all the universities and tv stations and vidya games are dominated by closet leftists seeking to ruin society by undermining traditional families and Christian values.

Lose a few hours on that youtube channel and you'll be hard pressed to think its not a conspiracy. Alas, it's not. You're just seeing what happens after the machine chewed up all the leaders of the conspiracy and now there are just armies useful idiots with no leaders. The rampaging mouth breathing mobs are more like a self-replicating memetic virus then a social movement. I wish there was a conspiracy. It'd mean that somewhere there is a face that one could justify punching.

Yeah, I mean "years of study" and "original Graduate research" and "advanced degrees in political science" don't have anything on some Youtuber's conspiracy videos.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Just IMAGINE everything we could learn if we just spent hours upon hours watching Youtube videos in our moms' rec room instead of wasting all this time with University? Rigor, pfffft, give me passive absorption of random people saying whatever they think.

Because I mean, if someone THINKS it, it's probably just as valid as anything these so-called "academics" concoct with their "facts" and "statistics".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TheEldritchGod on February 24, 2017, 08:24:50 AM

So long, AKK.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cain

And another Jewish graveyard has been vandalised. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on February 28, 2017, 01:12:42 AM
And another Jewish graveyard has been vandalised.

Also more bomb threats.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.