News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Also, "Liz Warren can still pull the D" isn't exactly the worst campaign slogan.

Cain

If anything, it'll make her more popular with Republican men, especially in the Senate.

You can't tell me that Mitch McConnell isn't into financial domination.

Cain

2 dead and a graveyard hand-grenaded on an attack outside a synagogue in Halle, Germany. One suspect is in custody at this time, but other(s) are believed to be on the run.

No word on the motivations of the suspects, but it is Yom Kippur and one of the gunmen appeared to be dressed up in some kind of German military uniform. So...

Cain

I haven't seen it, but there's a 35 minute video of one of the Halle attackers where he rants about Jews being the source of all the world's evils just before carrying out the attack. Both SITE Intel and Spiegel are reporting the same thing, and while the former's ethics are often suspect, their information is always very credible.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I have said a million times, climate change isn't an event, it's a process.  There is no magic date.  Here is further proof.

https://apnews.com/12e72ec86f92484296137cb45cb7e475
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 29, 2019, 06:28:39 PM
I have said a million times, climate change isn't an event, it's a process.  There is no magic date.  Here is further proof.

https://apnews.com/12e72ec86f92484296137cb45cb7e475

5 days. You guys are really testing that 3 meals from collapse thing. Starting to think you want to find out what mad max world looks like but you can't pick which state to sacrifice.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

QuoteThe committee's top Republican, Sam Graves of Missouri, said he wasn't absolving Boeing of mistakes but suggested that foreign pilots were partly to blame.

Graves noted the safety record of U.S. aviation — no fatal crashes since 2009 — and a preliminary report on the second Max crash, which revealed that the Ethiopian Airlines pilots were flying so fast it might have hindered their ability to overcome an MCAS malfunction.

"I guess we're going to have to start building airplanes to the lowest common denominator ... if we're going to export" planes, Graves said.

https://apnews.com/35c022a20a894129bbb4dfc7941ceb0d

Missouri:  Setting the bar.  :lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I told everyone the problem is worse and more widespread than it looked.

https://apnews.com/24628f49af1e45219ee4b06c0a9a1229

QuoteMONTREAL (AP) — Hundreds of thousands of Canadians have been unwittingly exposed to high levels of lead in their drinking water, with contamination in several cities consistently higher than they ever were in Flint, Michigan, according to an investigation that tested drinking water in hundreds of homes and reviewed thousands more previously undisclosed results.

Residents in some homes in Montreal, a cosmopolitan city an hour north of the U.S.-Canada border, and Regina, in the flat western prairies, are among those drinking and cooking with tap water with lead levels that exceed Canada's federal guidelines. The investigation found some schools and daycares had lead levels so high that researchers noted it could impact children's health. Exacerbating the problem, many water providers aren't testing at all.
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 04, 2019, 02:17:55 PM
I told everyone the problem is worse and more widespread than it looked.

https://apnews.com/24628f49af1e45219ee4b06c0a9a1229

QuoteMONTREAL (AP) — Hundreds of thousands of Canadians have been unwittingly exposed to high levels of lead in their drinking water, with contamination in several cities consistently higher than they ever were in Flint, Michigan, according to an investigation that tested drinking water in hundreds of homes and reviewed thousands more previously undisclosed results.

Residents in some homes in Montreal, a cosmopolitan city an hour north of the U.S.-Canada border, and Regina, in the flat western prairies, are among those drinking and cooking with tap water with lead levels that exceed Canada's federal guidelines. The investigation found some schools and daycares had lead levels so high that researchers noted it could impact children's health. Exacerbating the problem, many water providers aren't testing at all.

I've just started uncritically believing whatever you say on stuff like that (public infrastructure). The disappointment is greatly diminished that way.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Johnny

I mean, Burns, Cain, Faust and Roger (sorry if im missing someone) are good and reliable benchmarks for information, but we always need to rely on ourselves ultimately if its a topic we really care about.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

altered

Cain and Roger have the kind of track record that comes only from Holy Knowledge, and so I never doubt them. (Also they probably have put my entire life span into research of their respective fields, and I'm just not going to beat that. It's the same thing as "I read about Quantum Physics on Wikipedia and now I can argue with the experts.")

But I do my own research on a lot of things.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

I encourage everyone to fact check me. 

Holy Writ™ is invariably garbage, eventually.
Molon Lube