News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

It was reported a while back, but it's taken a long time for these particular details to come to light. I believe his wife's cancer was also considered to be the proximate trigger for that, at the time, so people were willing to cut some slack.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on February 14, 2020, 11:21:18 AM
From what I've heard from both doctors and drug-taking friends, benzo addictions are fucking horrible. Like, the best case scenario is that he's already got a severely reduced lifespan as a result of the addiction.

But then you remember he had to know it was pretty bad, months and months before now. He'd have to be preaching self-discipline and tidying your room and literally blacking out, at this level of dependency. There's no way he couldn't have known just what a massive hypocrite he was being.

I saw a YouTube video in which he and some video blogger discussed Kek and the "power of chaos" specifically in terms of ignorance and deception, which is the power of The Darkness specifically and not at all the wholeness of Chaos which includes that but is much more in essence.

The blogger seemed to convince Petersen of this power and the rightness of its use to win their battles or whatever. Though apparently reluctant he came into tacit covenant with it by the end of the vid.

Whatever Petersen has since become it is not a person of rationality, much less functional Reason.

Jordan Petersen cannot see himself in the Darkness he has allowed into himself. If there remains a part of him able to recognize his own hypocrisy it is riding in the trunk of his ontological vehicle bound, gagged, and... heavily sedated. He is at an existential level of ontological crisis.

It will either kill him, or worse hollow out what remains of his humanity and take full control, or it will change him forever. IF he can survive and eventually SEE WHAT HE HAS BECOME he may yet turn into a very bright light, but my spiritual prognosis is.. Not good.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Johnny

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 14, 2020, 12:02:56 PM

Whatever Petersen has since become it is not a person of rationality, much less functional Reason.

Jordan Petersen cannot see himself in the Darkness he has allowed into himself. If there remains a part of him able to recognize his own hypocrisy it is riding in the trunk of his ontological vehicle bound, gagged, and... heavily sedated. He is at an existential level of ontological crisis.

It will either kill him, or worse hollow out what remains of his humanity and take full control, or it will change him forever. IF he can survive and eventually SEE WHAT HE HAS BECOME he may yet turn into a very bright light, but my spiritual prognosis is.. Not good.

Hey, delicious metaphor buddy

I would give you a mittens or clap emote, but the site is a bit sluggish for a couple days now and i dont know the shortcuts.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cramulus

yeah, I would not bet on this dark experience transforming him into a source of compassion and understanding.

if anything, when he pulls through, he's going to be more stubborn, judgmental, and defensive of patriarchy.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cramulus on February 14, 2020, 04:19:38 PM

yeah, I would not bet on this dark experience transforming him into a source of compassion and understanding.

if anything, when he pulls through, he's going to be more stubborn, judgmental, and defensive of patriarchy.

Yeah.  Sometimes, I would say often, the processes of spiritual alchemy yield only dross and scrap.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

There's no way a man like that improves from an experience like this.

And I don't want him to.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Johnny

What I do know is that users that go clean and have a forum, usually turn into this obnoxious narcissistic blowhard persona "February 12, 2020, 2:44pm, I lost motor function from my legs, and that's when I knew I had hit rock bottom - you see man, I did enough drugs to kill 20 horses in one sitting, but i saw the light..."

All this Born Again Christian, AA meeting language and attitude where they want to convince you theyre clean and a role model while either still secretly using or being a "dry addict".
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Johnny on February 14, 2020, 11:28:34 PM

What I do know is that users that go clean and have a forum, usually turn into this obnoxious narcissistic blowhard persona "February 12, 2020, 2:44pm, I lost motor function from my legs, and that's when I knew I had hit rock bottom - you see man, I did enough drugs to kill 20 horses in one sitting, but i saw the light..."

All this Born Again Christian, AA meeting language and attitude where they want to convince you theyre clean and a role model while either still secretly using or being a "dry addict".

What is a dry addict?

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Johnny

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 14, 2020, 11:32:18 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on February 14, 2020, 11:28:34 PM

What is a dry addict?

The original term is "dry drunk" which im mutating to speak about addicts ("dry addict").

Meaning of original term is refering to alcoholics which stop drinking alcohol, without doing any of the work to change personality or their way of relating to others:

1) They stopped using, but think about using every single moment and are miserable for it, and usually replace drinking with another type of addiction (gambling, sex, games, opiates, prescriptions... or desperatly drown in coffee and ciggarrettes)

2) They are angry and rage at any slight inconvenience.

3) They need to constantly "escape" from themselves thru distractions and never being comftable alone.

-B.F. Skinner

The Wizard Joseph

Cool The Johnny. Thanks for the clarification.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

So, the latest German shooter seems more "self-confessed Neo-Nazi" than "alt-right shitposter with a gun".

He's a lot older, for starters, either in his late 40s or early 50s. He wrote a long eugenicist screed about how certain nations have to be destroyed (all, coincidentally, Muslim majority countries). About the only thing that distinguishes him from the old school Neo-Nazi crowd is he's an incel. Or technically, a volcel as he says it is by choice.

I don't have a translated version of the document in front of me, so I can't say whether this was explicitly referred to, or just happened to be part of his biographical background, a common feature of most manifestos.

Either way, coming just on the back of the German police arrests of another far-right cell preparing to undertake a terrorist attack, things still do not look great on the terrorism front in Germany.

altered

Germany's fall to far right horseshit has been very interesting for me. I was VERY interested in Germany as a teenager, and was fascinated by the laws against Nazi resurgence, rehabilitation and so forth. (Out of concerns of "free speech", of course, being an edgy gamer kid.) It seemed, even as I grew up, like it would be very difficult for Nazis to find a foothold in their home country.

Now it's become abundantly clear that is false.

Germany was PREPARED for this shit, and they have been losing ground. On particularly bad days, I wonder what that means for the rest of us.

On good days, I remind myself of the principles of natural and artificial selection, and hope we can eradicate our homegrown Nazis with overwhelming force before they evolve resistances.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

https://apnews.com/b5736c3dba1d677e89ef947bcf5ab213

QuoteKadir Kose, who runs a cafe nearby, said he was shocked at the extent of the violence: "This is a whole other level, something we hear about from America."

I spent some time a few years back in Hanau.  It is all the best parts of Germany in one town.   :sad:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

QuoteSeparately, he sought help last year in finding out who was allegedly observing him from a Austrian man, Bernd Gloggnitzer, who teaches "remote viewing," a practice that adherents claim gives them the ability to sense the unseen.

"I didn't reply because I could tell from the email that he was a nutcase," Gloggnitzer told The Associated Press.

:lulz:

TMW the remote viewing dude calls you a nutcase.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Remember that guy who was trying to make a rocket to prove the Earth is flat?  He's dead, now.   :|

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/daredevil-mad-mike-hughes-dies-in-crash-of-his-homemade-rocket-in-california
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.