News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23183663/

QuoteThe chief songwriter and founder of the band Boston has more than a feeling that he's being ripped off by Mike Huckabee.

In a letter to the Republican presidential hopeful, Tom Scholz complains that Huckabee is using his 1970s smash hit song "More Than a Feeling" without his permission. A former member of the band, Barry Goudreau, has appeared with Huckabee at campaign events, and they have played the song with Huckabee's band, Capitol Offense.

Scholz, who said Goudreau left the band more than 25 years ago after a three-year stint, objects to the implication that the band and one of its members has endorsed Huckabee's candidacy.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Diseris

You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"Joe Herrick"? Of "Gutterman Research"?  :lulz: Anyone want to take bets on this being Joey Skaggs?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

lol

Possible.. Skaggs usually has a punchline though. Or maybe they just don't get it yet.

good spot

Cramulus

http://www.gallup.com/poll/3742/New-Poll-Gauges-Americans-General-Knowledge-Levels.aspx

:facepalm:

18% of Americans Think Sun Revovles Around Earth

As far as you know, what specific historical event is celebrated on July 4th?
Signing of the Declaration of Independence/day it was signed 55%
Independence Day 32
Birth of United States 1
Other 6
No opinion 6
100%

As far as you know, from what country did America gain its independence following the Revolutionary War?
England/Great Britain/United Kingdom 76%
France 2
Other 3
No opinion 19
100%

As far as you know, does the earth revolve around the sun, or does the sun revolve around the earth?
Earth revolves around the sun 79%
Sun revolves around the earth 18
No opinion 3
100%

Triple Zero

how can you have "no opinion" on general knowledge questions? :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh sweet baby jesus in heaven.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

But baby jesus made the world in seven days! By intelligent design, with the help of MacGyger (because babies are not very good at building things).

Cain

YUO MAKE BABY COPERNICUS CRY

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

AFK

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2008/01/airforce_area51_newname_080122w/

Area 51 has been re-named "Homey Airport" 
Now we know what Alfonso Ribeiro has been up to since Fresh Prince. 
:lulz:
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

Triple Zero

the funny thing is, if you were to post these links over the course of a week or two, i might have actually clicked most of them. now i'm not going to look at any.