News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on May 21, 2008, 07:26:41 PM
Quote from: Reverend Kaousuu, DLotS. on May 21, 2008, 07:26:06 PM
That sounds more like a slander issue than a rights issue. They make a big deal over here too about what we can/can't have on signs to avoid complications such as these.

I don't care if its slander, because its true.

it's not slander if it's true, right?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Quote from: triple zero on May 22, 2008, 04:42:00 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 21, 2008, 07:26:41 PM
Quote from: Reverend Kaousuu, DLotS. on May 21, 2008, 07:26:06 PM
That sounds more like a slander issue than a rights issue. They make a big deal over here too about what we can/can't have on signs to avoid complications such as these.

I don't care if its slander, because its true.

it's not slander if it's true, right?

Unless the court decides its true.

For more see: every court case involving Jeffry Archer

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

NWC

PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Cain

Quote from: Suu on May 23, 2008, 01:24:14 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2000899/Man-admits-%27having-sex%27-with-1%2C000-cars.html

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE ALLOW CIVIL PARTNERSHIPS!  MEN WITH MEN.  WOMEN WITH WOMEN!  MEN WITH CARS!  WOMEN WITH DOPLHINS!  DOGS WITH CATS!  PRIME MINISTERS WITH FOREIGN HEADS OF STATE!  WHERE WILL THIS MADNESS END? 

[/Torygraph editorial]

Suu

Quote from: Cain on May 23, 2008, 09:52:23 AM
Quote from: Suu on May 23, 2008, 01:24:14 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2000899/Man-admits-%27having-sex%27-with-1%2C000-cars.html

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE ALLOW CIVIL PARTNERSHIPS!  MEN WITH MEN.  WOMEN WITH WOMEN!  MEN WITH CARS!  WOMEN WITH DOPLHINS!  DOGS WITH CATS!  PRIME MINISTERS WITH FOREIGN HEADS OF STATE!  WHERE WILL THIS MADNESS END? 

[/Torygraph editorial]

:lulz:

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Man who was hanged 86 years ago, pardoned by Austrailian governor.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24835639/

QuoteSYDNEY, Australia - An Australian governor gave a posthumous pardon Tuesday to a man hanged 86 years ago for the rape and murder of a young girl, after new research discredited the evidence used for his conviction.

Colin Campbell Ross, who was hanged in 1922 at the age of 28, was pardoned Tuesday by Victoria state Gov. David de Kretser.

Descendants of Ross and the 12-year-old victim, Alma Tirtschke, petitioned for the pardon.

Prosecutors alleged that Ross, who ran a wine saloon in Melbourne, gave Tirschke alcohol before raping and strangling her on New Year's Eve 1921. The only physical evidence connecting him to the crime were hairs on a blanket; prosecutors said the hairs were Tirtschke's.

While witnesses gave alibis for Ross, he was convicted and hanged four months later, protesting his innocence.

The pardon petition built on research by Kevin Morgan, who wrote a book about the case called "Gun Alley (Murder, Lies and the Failure of Justice)." Morgan arranged for forensic tests on the original hair samples and showed that the ones on Ross' blanket did not match Tirtschke's. He also gave new character evidence about the prosecution's main witness.

Better late than never?

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Quote from: Rev. Whats His Name? on May 27, 2008, 04:26:34 PM
Man who was hanged 86 years ago, pardoned by Austrailian governor.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24835639/

QuoteSYDNEY, Australia - An Australian governor gave a posthumous pardon Tuesday to a man hanged 86 years ago for the rape and murder of a young girl, after new research discredited the evidence used for his conviction.

Colin Campbell Ross, who was hanged in 1922 at the age of 28, was pardoned Tuesday by Victoria state Gov. David de Kretser.

Descendants of Ross and the 12-year-old victim, Alma Tirtschke, petitioned for the pardon.

Better late than never?

Wait, his 12 year old victim also petitioned for the pardon?  Despite being dead?

AFK

Heh, I didn't catch that awkward phrasing. 

AFK

Anyone got a plunger?  Some Ass-tronaut on the Space Station clogged the toilet:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24841375/

:lulz:

Triple Zero

Quote from: Rev. Whats His Name? on May 27, 2008, 04:49:10 PM

even then, how could she have descendants?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

ZOMG!! ZOMBIE FETAL AUSSIES!!!!

:omg:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: triple zero on May 27, 2008, 09:28:15 PM
Quote from: Rev. Whats His Name? on May 27, 2008, 04:49:10 PM

even then, how could she have descendants?

That was the question on my mind, as well.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Thurnez Isa

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080530/world/vatican_women_priests_1

QuoteVATICAN CITY - The Vatican has again coming down firmly against the notion of women priests.

A decree clearly stating the church's opposition to women priests has been published in the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano under a headline that calls the ordination of women a "crime."

The decree, published Thursday, was signed by William Cardinal Levada, the American head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.

It says that anyone involved in trying ordain a woman and any woman who attempts to receive ordination is automatically excommunicated from the Roman Catholic Church.

A top Vatican official said in a statement Friday that the church decided to act after what it described as "so-called ordinations" in various parts of the world.

Msgr. Angelo Amato of the doctrinal office says the Vatican wants to provide bishops with a clear response on the issue.

The church has always banned the ordination of women, stating that the priesthood is reserved for males. The new decree is explicit in its reference to women.

In March, the archbishop of St. Louis excommunicated three women - two Americans and a South African - for participating in a woman's ordination. They were part of the Roman Catholic Womenpriests movement, which began in 2002.

Pope Benedict led the doctrinal office before becoming pontiff in 2005. Like his predecessor, Pope John Paul II, he has consistently rebuffed calls to change traditional church teachings on divorce, abortion, euthanasia, gay marriage and the requirement that priests be male and celibate.

Rev. Thomas Reese, a U.S.-based Jesuit theologian, said he believed the decree was an attempt by the Vatican to emphasize the rule.

"This is another opportunity to send the signal that it's a no-no," he said.

In Friday's statement, Amato said the Vatican felt "in good company" with the Orthodox and ancient eastern churches that maintain an all-male clergy, saying that Protestant churches have been the ones to break tradition.

Amato said the church does not feel authorized to change the will of Christ, who chose only men as his Apostles.

Catholics who are excommunicated cannot receive the sacraments. Amato said the penalty can be lifted if those so punished are sincerely repentant.

moi opinion
well you join a chuch you might as well follow the rules and the tradition
but "a crime?"  :?
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante