News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Kopyleft Authors

Started by Cain, March 05, 2007, 09:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvidia

Rants, essays, and Discordia related stuff is open for use for non-commercial purposes, as is anything I post here. Please credit me as Laughtrack if it's posted or linked to here. My other works are copyrighted.
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.

AFK

Nothing's changed for me.  Use any of my stuff whenever you like, just stick my name on it.  And just give me a shout if you want to edit it beyond punctuation and misspellings.  My real name isn't attached to any of my stuff and thus I have no expectations of ever laying claim to it in public. 

This, of course, is for my writings.  All of my musics are a different ball of wax, but then again, I don't know how you stick a song in a magazine.   :lol:
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Arafelis

Any works I authored are to be given attribution, to the pen name Joshua Arafelis, and may be cited but not altered without contacting me.  Unless there is another prior agreement, I am entitled to 23% of the revenues of the publication a piece of work of mine is part of.  23% of free is $0.00.  Other than that, they are free be reproduced and distributed unless I specifically say otherwise in my posting of that work.

Side note about kopylefts: They're kinda pointless unless they're mentioned in the publication.  I haven't made my way through all the Intermittens back-issues yet, but I haven't seen any notices posted.  This thread should be linked to in the table of contents or something.
"OTOH, I shook up your head...I must be doing something right.What's wrong with schisms?  Malaclypse the younger DID say "Discordians need to DISORGANIZE."  If my babbling causes a few sparks, well hell...it beats having us backslide into our own little greyness." - The Good Reverend Roger

Cramulus

it might be that our explicit omission of copyright license is our personal method of challenging contemporary IP attitudes

or it might be that we're just lazy  :p

we didn't start talking about IP until right before issue 5 came out, and I think many people are too bored / frustrated with it to care much about explicitly licensing their IM submissions. Most pirates and appropriation artists will skip the license anyway.

In hindsight, i kind of like it [my issues] without all the explicit These Are Your Rights documentations. If, for some asinine reason, anything related to IM reaches court, I think everything is technically (c) the original writer. Which is fine because (K) isn't really a legal license anyway.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cramulus on June 09, 2009, 03:19:56 PM
. If, for some asinine reason, anything related to IM reaches court, I think everything is technically (c) the original writer. Which is fine because (K) isn't really a legal license anyway.

Yes, in the US, once something is written it becomes Copyright of the author. They can place it under a specific license, but unless they do, it is (c). In the case of (k) there is no real license, so it is still (c).

Of course, any Discordian that goes to court over Kopyleft should be excommunicated immediately... for at least 23 minutes or 5 if its a really good public spectacle.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Miley Spears

What I had in Intermittens was from Urbandictionary.com anyway, so I think it's already kopyleft.
Keep your hands in your pockets when you're talking to me.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Officially, I use IP law to be an ass (I usually license almost everything with some sort of viral OSS license), but for what it's worth, anything that isn't explicitly licensed is probably fair game with or without credit. If you want to credit me, awesome. If I don't get credited, I'm not throwing a fit.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Miley Spears

http://www.urbandictionary.com/tos.php
QuoteAny words, definitions, or other information (collectively, "Content") posted on the Website shall remain your sole and exclusive property, and you shall be solely responsible for your Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it.
When you post Content on the Website, you agree to grant the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, fully sublicenseable, non-exclusive license to copy, distribute, sell, publicly display, publicly perform and make derivative works of your Content on the Website, on services affiliated with the Website and elsewhere (including but not limited to print, video, audio or computer media), regardless of the form of media used or of whether such media or services now exist or are developed in the future. By posting Content to the Website, you hereby represent and warrant that you have the right to post that Content and to grant the foregoing rights to the Company.
Keep your hands in your pockets when you're talking to me.

Diseris

Two discordians walk into a courtroom...sounds like the start of a good joke.
You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

Jasper

Now I want to find out if there are any Discordian lawyers.

Mourning Star

Quote from: Sigmatic on January 31, 2010, 06:37:56 PM
Now I want to find out if there are any Discordian lawyers.

you don't have to have a degree to take the bar...

I figure there's at least one spag on this forum who could pass the bar without law school.  GET TAKING THE EXAM! WE NEED LEGAL COUNSEL!

Placid Dingo

Me is - Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

malvarma

Consider everything I ever say or do released under a dual license

CC BY-SA
CC-BY-NC

Choose whichever license you like.

http://creativecommons.org

Now I actually have to write something worthwhile.
Follow me at http://twitter.com/normalioifyp and I'll follow you back. Let's totally be BFFs.

Mourning Star

Quote from: Mourning Star on April 13, 2007, 10:07:43 PM
Should I ever write something here of merit or value (Ha!) then please feel free to use it as you will, credit me if it's appropriate and what not.  Unless crediting me with a work is likely to land me in prison getting raped by a 7 foot nazi, in THOSE cases, credit the work instead to AKK.

So where are we with this?

Adios

Quote from: Diseris on January 31, 2010, 04:13:32 PM
Two discordians walk into a courtroom...

...the cuffs are not removed during the trial.