News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Kopyleft Authors

Started by Cain, March 05, 2007, 09:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psychonomaly

Anything I post on the internet is public domain. 

geekdad

I am Kopyleft unless stated otherwise. Ⓚ
Making you think you're crazy is a billion dollar industry.
If they could sell sanity in a bottle
They'd be charging for compressed air,
And marketing healthcare.

the last yatto

Quote from: Cramulus on April 21, 2009, 11:03:22 PM
In light of the recent Intellectual Property discussions, we should probably restart this thread and ask people which license they want to use. That should alleviate some of our future IP issues.

or not
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: the company on January 29, 2011, 02:10:11 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on April 21, 2009, 11:03:22 PM
In light of the recent Intellectual Property discussions, we should probably restart this thread and ask people which license they want to use. That should alleviate some of our future IP issues.

or not

Fuck you, thief.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Whatever

I've never been really comfortable with the whole kopyleft idea.  I mean for one liner memes eh so what but for rants and the like, those should never be reproduced by anyone other than the author without written permission.

Discordian or not it's a simple matter of fucking respect for the author.

Using without permission, especially in a money making effort is stealing and grimey as hell.

Cramulus

just to counterpoint - some of us WANT our work reproduced, reposted, expanded, elaborated on - we like to see our output appear in collages and derivative works and music and whatever else people are inspired to create. We don't care to manage who has permission and who doesn't, some of us don't care about being credited, and many of us don't even care if you can sell it and make a buck or two off it.

Roger's work is copyrighted, that's his choice, and the fact that somebody doesn't want to respect that has no bearing on Kopyleft.

Juana

^ This. I can't see myself releasing anything but rants under kopyleft, and I already allow my photos to be used under creative commons. I don't mind if people use my stuff, so long as I get credit.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cramulus

This is a pretty good spot to plug the "kopyleft / creative commons art" thread. If you've got material (visual arts) you want to make available, come let us know. It's also a good spot to look if you're trying to find images for some project.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=18902.0

you know, we should really have a WEBSITE that archives our cc / (k) material...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on January 29, 2011, 07:32:53 PM
just to counterpoint - some of us WANT our work reproduced, reposted, expanded, elaborated on - we like to see our output appear in collages and derivative works and music and whatever else people are inspired to create. We don't care to manage who has permission and who doesn't, some of us don't care about being credited, and many of us don't even care if you can sell it and make a buck or two off it.

Roger's work is copyrighted, that's his choice, and the fact that somebody doesn't want to respect that has no bearing on Kopyleft.

Yatto is not representative of, or a reflection on, the Kopyleft argument.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Phox

I'll go on record and state that anything of mine that qualifies as a "rant", or anything that is specifically related to Discordia and/or the culture of this forum (my Doktor threads, for instance), is Kopyleft.

Anything else I write may or may not be, you should probably ask. I'll most likely say yes.

Notable exception: Bring and Brag. If I put something in there without specifically saying it's Kopyleft, assume it isn't. If you really, really want to use it, go ahead and ask, but the answer will probably be no.

Phox

I'd like to make an addendum to my statement, if necessary: Everything I do for the Spiders projects including both writings and recordings are LMNO's to do with and distribute as he pleases.

I'm too lazy to try to figure out if that statement is actually necessary, but I made it, and there will be no retractions.

Shai Hulud

I'd like to make the comics on http://www.bonejangles.com freely available for anybody to use.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Don Coyote