News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Kopyleft Authors

Started by Cain, March 05, 2007, 09:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

Garbo: Ask for everything but rants and CC photos (I think?)
Yes.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Nephew Twiddleton

As a quick thing- im mostly used to the idea of copyright and its implications. Could someone give a brief run down of the various permissions so i can decide on generalities?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Twid, not Billy. on February 22, 2012, 12:27:06 AM
As a quick thing- im mostly used to the idea of copyright and its implications. Could someone give a brief run down of the various permissions so i can decide on generalities?

The Creative Commons website has a really good explanation here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on February 22, 2012, 01:03:33 AM
Quote from: Twid, not Billy. on February 22, 2012, 12:27:06 AM

The Creative Commons website has a really good explanation here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/

Go raibh maith agat.

Twid <----meisce orm

Triple Zero

LuciferX! Translation please?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 22, 2012, 11:13:31 AM
LuciferX! Translation please?

If in ref to me, "Thanks. I'm drunk" My apologies.

I am prone to Irish when drunk, even if not appropriate. Again, sorry. Or, gabh mo leithsceal.

AFK

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on February 21, 2012, 05:04:49 PM
Okay, I just finished going through this thread, and I got everything condensed as far as I could. The primary things that seem to make up people's restrictions are Attribution, Notification, Non-Commercial, Share-Alike, Alteration, Do Whatever, and Ask First. It would probably be a good idea to add this list to the OP and update as new people show up, so no one has to dig through ten pages.

Cain: Ask for all instances
The Good Reverend Roger: Ask for all instances
Doktor Howl: Ask for all instances
Twid: Ask for all instances
Fuck You One-Eye: Ask for all instances
The Payne: Ask for all instances
Cait M.R.: Ask for all instances
Khara: Ask for all instances
Nigel: Ask for all instances
Whatever: Ask for all instances
Cainad: Notification

Garbo: Ask for everything but rants and CC photos
Doktor M. Phox0: Ask for everything but rants or spiders
Thurnez Iza: Materials in Or Kill Me, PIP and Apple Talk are kopyleft, all others ask
Corvida: Discordian materials only, Attribute to 'Laughtrack'
Arafelis: Attribute to 'Joshua Arafelis', , no alterations, non-commercial or 23% of the profits go to him
Mantra Obscura: Attribution, no pictures of him
Mangrove: Credit as 'SSOOKN Products'
What's-His-Name?: Credit w/ full name, not initials, notification for profitable uses, ask for alterations
Placid Dingo: Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
malvarma: Attribution Share Alike -OR- Attribution Non-Commercial
Requia: Either charge for distribution or make a profit, not both, use the same terms for redistribution
Iason Oubache: CC non-comercial share alike attribution
Cinderflame: Very specific attribution
Dingus: Attribution and notification
Fuquad: Attribute to 'C.G. Casey'
Ubermench: Attribution
DJRubberducky: Attribution
Suu: Attribution
navcat: Attribution

VERBL: Attribution preferred
bones: Attribution preferred
The Dark Monk: Attribution preferred
Phosphatidylserine: Attribution preferred
Cram: Attribution and notification preferred
Mourning Star: Attribution preferred, ask for alterations
Triple Zero: Attribution as 000 preferred for Discordian content, ask otherwise.
St. Syn: Attribution preferred
nurbldoff: Attribution preferred, will help with alterations if asked nicely
Richter: Attribution preferred for unaltered use, altered works are yours

Iron Sulfide: Non-profit only
PopeTom: Do whatever, except for the discordian pirate logo
kingyak: Do whatever, ask for links
Queen Gogira: Do whatever, attribution not allowed
_: Do whatever but making him look like a moron

Hirley: Do whatever
P3nt: Do whatever
Psychonomaly: Do whatever
geekdad: Do whatever
LMNO: Do whatever
LHX: Do whatever
the other anonymous: Public Domain
That One Guy: Do whatever
Adios: Do whatever
hunter s.durden: Do whatever
Hoopla: Do whatever
Gundam Agriculture: Do whatever

[edited to add people and rearrange in rough order of most to least restrictive]

You have a lot of inactives there.  If you ever track any of these spags down, tell them to come the fuck back. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I don't remember saying attribution preferred, though I probably did. In retrospect, I'm not sure if it wouldn't be better just to attribute whatever I write to someone I don't like ;-).

You can consider this an official shift to 'Do whatever'

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Don Coyote

None of my work is be used with out my explicit permission.

AFK

All of my work is to be attributed to the complete disregard of common sense. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Specific project, like the Nessie thread - I'd like attribution but otherwise that shit belongs to the project. Exception: The Khara stories (which I need to finish) are Khara's so you'd need to ask her about those.

Random rants, etc - Ask for all instances, preferably with a why you want to use them attached. I am curious that way.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Epimetheus

All of my work is to be burned.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Perineal Sponge // Epimetheus on February 23, 2012, 02:35:42 AM
All of my work is to be burned.

There's a stipulation in my will that says any writing they find is to be burned unread, while sorting through my shit. Otherwise, no comic books and yarn for anyone. :P
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Freeky

On the off chance someone wants to do something with anything I've ever written, if I'm asked first, I'll probably say yes.  But if I'm not asked, I'll probably pitch a legendary fit.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Out on February 22, 2012, 07:32:09 PM
None of my work is be used with out my explicit permission.

This'd be a lot more useful if you hadn't changed your screenname. Who is this?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.