* "THE BEER-WARE LICENSE" Modified from http://people.freebsd.org/~phk/
* Rev Cinderflame KSC wrote this shit. As long as you retain this notice you
* can do whatever you want with this shit. If we meet some day, and you think
* this shit is worth it, you can buy me a beer in return
* ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
*/

Triple Zero

Quote from: Pontifex Incognitus on April 10, 2011, 01:33:56 AM
I'd like to make the comics on http://www.bonejangles.com freely available for anybody to use.

Sweet thanks for bumping! I got distracted reading those a long time ago!

(BTW where did Bobby whatshisname go? He used to post his works here, but I haven't seen him in a while?)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

kingyak

Anything I post here is (k) unless stated otherwise.

Anything I link to (games, blog posts, pics, etc.) is (c) unless stated otherwise (a lot of the freebie RPG things I do have Creative Commons licenses of some sort).

For the (c) stuff, I'll most likely give you permission to use it if you ask me (attribution required, modification allowed, and other details will vary depending on the piece). The only exceptions are for things I'm trying to sell and for the instances where an existing agreement prevents me from allowing the work to be re-published.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

Q. G. Pennyworth

Anything that had a copyright on it before I got my grubby paws on it retains those things. If I forget to credit you, please yell and I will correct it.

Anything I create, write, draw, or mash together is yours to use however you like on the strict conditions that you do not credit me in any way.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Okay, I just finished going through this thread, and I got everything condensed as far as I could. The primary things that seem to make up people's restrictions are Attribution, Notification, Non-Commercial, Share-Alike, Alteration, Do Whatever, and Ask First. It would probably be a good idea to add this list to the OP and update as new people show up, so no one has to dig through ten pages.

Cain: Ask for all instances
The Good Reverend Roger: Ask for all instances
Doktor Howl: Ask for all instances
Twid: Ask for all instances
Fuck You One-Eye: Ask for all instances
The Payne: Ask for all instances
Cait M.R.: Ask for all instances
Khara: Ask for all instances
Nigel: Ask for all instances
Whatever: Ask for all instances
Cainad: Notification

Garbo: Ask for everything but rants and CC photos
Doktor M. Phox0: Ask for everything but rants or spiders
Thurnez Iza: Materials in Or Kill Me, PIP and Apple Talk are kopyleft, all others ask
Corvida: Discordian materials only, Attribute to 'Laughtrack'
Arafelis: Attribute to 'Joshua Arafelis', , no alterations, non-commercial or 23% of the profits go to him
Mantra Obscura: Attribution, no pictures of him
Mangrove: Credit as 'SSOOKN Products'
What's-His-Name?: Credit w/ full name, not initials, notification for profitable uses, ask for alterations
Placid Dingo: Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
malvarma: Attribution Share Alike -OR- Attribution Non-Commercial
Requia: Either charge for distribution or make a profit, not both, use the same terms for redistribution
Iason Oubache: CC non-comercial share alike attribution
Cinderflame: Very specific attribution
Dingus: Attribution and notification
Fuquad: Attribute to 'C.G. Casey'
Ubermench: Attribution
DJRubberducky: Attribution
Suu: Attribution
navcat: Attribution

VERBL: Attribution preferred
bones: Attribution preferred
The Dark Monk: Attribution preferred
Phosphatidylserine: Attribution preferred
Cram: Attribution and notification preferred
Mourning Star: Attribution preferred, ask for alterations
Triple Zero: Attribution as 000 preferred for Discordian content, ask otherwise.
St. Syn: Attribution preferred
nurbldoff: Attribution preferred, will help with alterations if asked nicely
Richter: Attribution preferred for unaltered use, altered works are yours

Iron Sulfide: Non-profit only
PopeTom: Do whatever, except for the discordian pirate logo
kingyak: Do whatever, ask for links
Queen Gogira: Do whatever, attribution not allowed
_: Do whatever but making him look like a moron

Hirley: Do whatever
P3nt: Do whatever
Psychonomaly: Do whatever
geekdad: Do whatever
LMNO: Do whatever
LHX: Do whatever
the other anonymous: Public Domain
That One Guy: Do whatever
Adios: Do whatever
hunter s.durden: Do whatever
Hoopla: Do whatever
Gundam Agriculture: Do whatever

[edited to add people and rearrange in rough order of most to least restrictive]

The Good Reverend Roger

Doktor Howl is also ask for all instances.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Ask for all instances. Different requests may apply depending on the piece and the medium.

As far as music is concerned- any piece that i have written alone should be considered the copyrighted material of kevin mulkerrins unless otherwise stated. If its a colaboration i defer to the consensus/majority opinion of the other musicians.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Also attribution would be to either the names nephew twiddleton or doktor blight (again depending on piece)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Great list, LG... very handy!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hirley0

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 06, 2007, 01:32:36 PM
All of my writings are Open Source.  Add, subtract, edit, steal, credit, no credit, I don't care.
SECOND

Triple Zero

Would it be useful if we could somehow put this in our profiles or something? Like an extra signature or location field, but for kopyleft statements?

Dunno if SMF2 would allow easily for such a mod (adding an extra field to an important table can be hard depending on the DB structure), but I could look into it.

Also I think I'd change mine to "Attribution as 000 preferred for Discordian content, ask otherwise. "

Although the "ask if you want something else" bit holds for everybody of course. You can always ask :)

edit: and KUDOS for the work on sorting this out!
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 21, 2012, 09:58:54 PM
Would it be useful if we could somehow put this in our profiles or something? Like an extra signature or location field, but for kopyleft statements?

Dunno if SMF2 would allow easily for such a mod (adding an extra field to an important table can be hard depending on the DB structure), but I could look into it.

Also I think I'd change mine to "Attribution as 000 preferred for Discordian content, ask otherwise. "

Although the "ask if you want something else" bit holds for everybody of course. You can always ask :)

Easier way might be "ask" or "no problem".  If someone has particulars, they can answer that when asked.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 21, 2012, 09:58:54 PM

Asking should really always be the default for everything, unless the author has specified the republication status in the piece. Just in terms of general courtesy and ethical considerations.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Yeah I think everybody would always appreciate being notified of the fact that their work is being used. (Assuming they're okay with it) it's a very nice compliment and motivates them to maybe make more.

Nephew Twiddleton

I might put a copyright/kopyleft statement in my sig tonight just to make it easier for anyone who wants to use anything ive put up. It doesnt solve keeping track of everyone but its something i can do in the short term.